Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

sky's bought in coverage is terrible !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Bogeys the 18th for a second day in a row. Still a very positive 65, right in the hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Bogey on last again for 65.

-9, tied 3rd at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

sky's bought in coverage is terrible !!

The old caveat of it not being sky's fault applies. They only show what the american CBS broadcast.

But you are right, the coverage was crap. How can CBS finish up coverage at 6pm local time when there is still golf happening. That surely is prime viewing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭abff

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    The old caveat of it not being sky's fault applies. They only show what the american CBS broadcast.

But you are right, the coverage was crap. How can CBS finish up coverage at 6pm local time when there is still golf happening. That surely is prime viewing time.

It's hard to understand how the American channel that's televising the golf can stick to the original schedule when the second round had to be finished today. Even if American TV schedules are totally immutable on Saturday evening, surely they can come to some arrangement with outside broadcasters such as Sky whereby they will extend cover when the tournament overruns for whatever reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

tang1 wrote: »
    Thats no surprise, they have shown Ian 'Dorothy Perkins' Poulter more and hes tied 57th.

The way Poulter was whingeing on twitter about the rain delay....its like he is just asking people to dislike him.

Great round from Paddy today, a few are overtaking him right now so he'll probably need another 65 tomorrow or lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

If he think's it's the US Open every week, he be holing birdie's from everywhere.

He's gone 69, 67, 65 in the first three rounds. If he can extend that sequence, he'll be hard to beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

C'mon Paddy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

On a separate note, great playing by his 1997 World Cup winning partner Paul McGinley in Germany. Maybe this will spur him on a bit for today.

• Advertisement

Scoring conditions look to be very good early doors. Mahan has gone round in 61.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Huge back 9 needed if he intends to win, -1 today but 5 shots back.

This truly is exhibition golf. Not Harro's type of game at all. Out of it now but hopefully he can get a few birdies coming in.

matthew8 wrote: »
    This truly is exhibition golf. Not Harro's type of game at all. Out of it now but hopefully he can get a few birdies coming in.
    Hoffman is killing it. Top 5 is the best PH can hope for now.

Aidric wrote: »
    Hoffman is killing it. Top 5 is the best PH can hope for now.

And he's missed a 3 and a half ft putt. Hopefully a birdie will at least put him in the top 10. And then there's the pesky 18th.

EDIT: I see Hoffman's blown it too. Not an easy par either to force a playoff.

Any chance he'll move up a place or 2 in world rankings with this result?

I had a look at the rankings and I think he'll move up to around 71st. Needs another couple of good results to get back into the top 50.

Here's a prediction 4 you, he'll win in the next 3 weeks. Irish, Scottish or the Open. You heard it from me first. I just dont know which one, hopefully the Open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

tang1 wrote: »
    Any chance he'll move up a place or 2 in world rankings with this result?

75th

Myksyk wrote: »
    75th

Up 6 places to 69th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

11/1 to be top Irish player at Irish Open could be worth a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Also has moved up a few spots in the Ryder Cup rankings, hopefully he can keep his energy up and make some cuts these next three weeks, all he has to do is keep plugging away with Top-15 finishes and he will be there or there abouts when an opportunity presents itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

11/1 to be top Irish player at Irish Open could be worth a go.

Thats to win the tournament not to be top irish player....Paddy Power only have the Irish players priced up at the moment which makes it confusing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

He is currently 5th fav for the Open at 22/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

abff wrote: »
    Up 6 places to 69th.

Great to see him climbing back up the rankings. Would love to see him back safely into the top 50. The putter seems to be behaving itself as well which is nice. Hopefully he doesn't burn himself out ahead of the Open now.

I don't think he will be a contender for the Irish Open, tiredness is bound to kick in. He is worth getting stuck in to for the Open e/w. Finally seems to be getting some consistency throughout his game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Yeah, 7 events in 8 weeks has got to take its toll. Been a good few weeks for him though. He's averaging about $150k per tournament for his last 4 starts on the pga tour. Not bad work if you can get it!

I presume he is going to skip the French open once he finishes the Irish Open. This could be one of those weeks where he misses the cut due to tiredness. I hope not but I wouldn't be putting any money on him this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

PRAF wrote: »
    I presume he is going to skip the French open once he finishes the Irish Open. This could be one of those weeks where he misses the cut due to tiredness. I hope not but I wouldn't be putting any money on him this week

Next 3 events are Irish Open, Scottish Open and Open Championship AFAIK, would make no sense for him to go to France. Adrenalin might get him through this week.

ssbob wrote: »
    Next 3 events are Irish Open, Scottish Open and Open Championship AFAIK, would make no sense for him to go to France. Adrenalin might get him through this week.

He's definitely not playing in France. I also think that, if this week was anything other than the Irish Open, he would be taking the week off.

Much and all as I'd like to see him do well in the Irish Open, he probably would be better off taking a break this week as it will be difficult for him to perform well after the run he's had and with all the additional demands that are made on him when he's back playing in Ireland.

• Advertisement

It's great to see Padraig continuing his good form into this week's tournament. He really seems to have turned a corner and his good play is finally being rewarded with consistently good scores.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement