Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭abff

vienne86 wrote: »
    Fair play to Padraig with that putt.....I just hope that is OK for the cut.

Cut line is definitely going to be level par. 15 players currently tied for 62nd and relatively few players still out on he course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Says something for him that he made errors - but still looks to have made the cut.

He had a double bogie yesterday - and he went 3 over for the day quite early on today - yet he pulled it back.

Yes he has his weaknesses - but he deserves huge credit for battling on.

Deserves to make the cut - and I feel he has the POTENTIAL to be higher up the field if he address a few issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Awful stuff. No chance of making cut. Bugger.

Oh ye of little faith :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

abff wrote: »
    Fantastic! And congratulations to Sky on yet again failing to show it.

Sky have no control on who to show, they take the feed the U.S. Network give them verbatim...blame them not Sky...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭abff

Padraig is out in the second group this morning at 1:40 Irish time. Be nice to see a good steady round today and knowing he has two rounds to play might help his mindset as he has sometimes struggled when there was a third round cut due to more than 78 players making the half way cut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

fullstop wrote: »
    Oh ye of little faith :P

That was my last roll of the dice, his only chance was for me to take one for the team and tempt fate!!!

abff wrote: »
    Padraig is out in the second group this morning at 1:40 Irish time. Be nice to see a good steady round today and knowing he has two rounds to play might help his mindset as he has sometimes struggled when there was a third round cut due to more than 78 players making the half way cut.

Imo - he had to work UNBELIEVABLY hard to fight back to make the cut yesterday. So im hoping that won't hamper him today.

very much hoping for a steady round

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Old diesel wrote: »
    very much hoping for a steady round

Someone's been drinking sure he hasn't had one of them in years :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Currently hacking it around unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Ouch, having a tough start. Currently +4.

He is fighting hard to make cuts and probably exhausted most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Despite making the cut he won't be getting any world ranking points or fed ex cup points the way this is going. This has happened so many times in the past 2 years. finishes near the bottom of the guys to qualify for the weekend. Come on Padraig, get back to level!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

A treble then double bogey. Sigh!

Synode wrote: »

4 pars in a row after that

Ruu wrote: »
    Ouch, having a tough start. Currently +4.

He is fighting hard to make cuts and probably exhausted most of the time.

He had to fight really hard just to make the cut last night :(

In reality though - its really just two nightmare holes that cost him dearly today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Synode wrote: »

I swore I'd stay away from the live leaderboard and shottracker today, but couldn't resist.....sigh indeed.

Playing a solid round aside from the two bad holes, seems to have steadied the ship. Funny old game. :/

Playing a solid round aside from the two bad holes, seems to have steadied the ship. Funny old game. :/

That's actually a good sign - that the rest of the round has been solid - to date.

1) It shows us that the 2 bad holes aren't reflective of his ability - that's actually very important for HIM to know that too.

2) If one was to criticise the man for messing up at the 2 bad holes - he also deserves massive credit for subsequently steadying the ship.

Incidentally - if the play by play on shot tracker is not telling porkies - he ALMOST birdied one from 46 feet.

Well shot trackers play by play seemed to be suggesting that he had 7 inches for his par shot - and that the previous shot - shot 2 at a par 4 - left him 46 ft from the hole.

But shot tracker could be telling me porkies

Bird on 16.

I love how he has been attacking the par 3 17th.

Bird on 16.

I love how he has been attacking the par 3 17th.

He was actually UNLUCKY at 16 too I think - that yellow line that shows the direction of the shot looked to me like it went over the hole for his 2nd shot.

My thinking is - he has the ability - he just showed it at 16 imo.

Its a tough one for Padraig that 2 holes have spoiled an otherwise - TO DATE okay round.

Its frustrating for him that he shot 14 holes out of 16 in 2 under - yet still is stuck on 3 over par

Just looking at the bottom of the leaderboard. Ernie Els, Dustin Johnson, Tiger Woods all around there not to mention those who missed the cut.

• Advertisement

I was getting excited there for a moment when the play by play said shot 2 ended up 2 ft from the hole - then I remembered 17 is a part 3.

Still its another par

Just looking at the bottom of the leaderboard. Ernie Els, Dustin Johnson, Tiger Woods all around there not to mention those who missed the cut.

A certain Mr Speith is in the missed cut group

Finished up his round with a par. +3 overall. (-1 on the back 9)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

He might get to play with Tiger tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Disappointing day, plenty of others have moved right through the field from similar starting positions today.

Needs to start picking up some decent finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Finished up his round with a par. +3 overall. (-1 on the back 9)

Well that was a great effort after two poor holes. Fair play to him.

Disappointing day, plenty of others have moved right through the field from similar starting positions today.

Needs to start picking up some decent finishes.

He only made it to today after a massive fightback from difficulties he had yesterday. He was in 91st place at one point yesterday - with what looked like VERY little prospect of even making the cut.

To me - while this weekends performance has had its flaws - and had its mistakes - it - so far - looks an improvement on the Masters performance for the following reasons.

1) Made the cut

2) Two nightmare holes today I agree - but apart from that - his last 13 holes today were better then anything he did at the masters imo.

3) Im open to correction on this - but stronger field here this week id say - with the Masters you have guys coming back due to having won before etc.

4) Augusta is a difficult course - but in my view - this one isn't exactly a walk in the park either.

I ALWAYS stand by my viewpoint that a bad round for Padraig or ANY OTHER GOLFER - is a nightmare first and foremost for the Golfer whose having the nightmare round.

Im going out on a limb here - but the 16 holes he did today in 2 under par - are a more accurate reflection of his ability - then the two nightmare holes that he scored 5 over par on.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Well that was a great effort after two poor holes. Fair play to him.

Yes - and it was actually -1 over 13 holes - because the two nightmare holes were 4 and 5 - and from 6 to 18 inclusive - he had 12 pars, 1 birdie - and no bogies of any kind.

Its a REAL shame about the two nightmare holes - but tbh - my disappointment with those - is for the man himself - rather then any disappointment or feeling he let us down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

I always hope for the best for Padraig but much of this thread is like a bloody self-help group in fairness. All it is is somebody playing bloody golf!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

pelevin wrote: »
    I always hope for the best for Padraig but much of this thread is like a bloody self-help group in fairness. All it is is somebody playing bloody golf!

You're obviously in the acceptance stage. A good lot of us are still in denial :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement