Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Just finished his round with a 67 (-5) and -2 overall, currently tied for 50th. Great round, wasn't expecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Take a bow Padraig, you can be very proud of your performance this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Parred 18

missed a birdie by only 13 inches.

Good round today without a doubt - even if they come back and change the par at 16 to a bogie - that's still -4 for the day

-2 for the tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭abff

Great round by Padraig and bogey free! Will pick up a couple of world ranking points and a few FedEx Cup points as well as a good confidence boost.

By my reckoning - he clocked up the final 31 holes (13 holes yesterday + 18 today) in -6 and with no bogies.

Pretty good by ANYONES standard really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Lovely round, today. 5 birdies and not a bogey in sight.... well done, Padraig!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Is he in the frame for WR points.,?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Yes, the Players has world ranking points down to 60th position.

http://dps.endavadigital.net/owgr/doc/content/Rating%20points%20Structure%20Sept%202014.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Just heard about Padraig's round on the RTE sports news on my way home. Great effort - delighted for him after those few nightmare holes.

Currently in an 8 way tie for 46th. If that's his finishing position, he'll pick up 2.04 world ranking points.

• Advertisement

abff wrote: »
    Currently in an 8 way tie for 46th. If that's his finishing position, he'll pick up 2.04 world ranking points.

Its weird how the leaderboards working out - hes jumped up while in the clubhouse.

I take it the amount of people at T46 would make no difference to the 2.04 points?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

My cheque is getting bigger while I see on my backside in the clubhouse. :D

Old diesel wrote: »
    Its weird how the leaderboards working out - hes jumped up while in the clubhouse.

I take it the amount of people at T46 would make no difference to the 2.04 points?????

He's now in a 9 way tie for 42nd. This increases his world ranking points to 2.32. Each additional player on that score adds 0.04 to his world ranking points.

If he finishes between 30th and 60th, his average position is worth 1.2 points plus .08 for each position above 60th. A 9 way tie for 42nd gives him an average position of 46th (i.e. half way between 42nd and 50th) which is worth 1.20 + (60 - 46 ) * .08 = 2.32.

He'll probably move up a few places in the world rankings as a result of this week's performance - somewhere around 80th would be my best guess.

He'll probably move up a few places in the world rankings as a result of this week's performance - somewhere around 80th would be my best guess.

Maybe not. Sangmoon Bae and Steve Stricker have both finished ahead of Padraig today, so they will probably stay ahead of him - maybe 82nd in tomorrow's rankings?

He's now in a 9 way tie for 42nd. This increases his world ranking points to 2.32. Each additional player on that score adds 0.04 to his world ranking points.

If he finishes between 30th and 60th, his average position is worth 1.2 points plus .08 for each position above 60th. A 9 way tie for 42nd gives him an average position of 46th (i.e. half way between 42nd and 50th) which is worth 1.20 + (60 - 46 ) * .08 = 2.32.

Up three places to 82nd.

Busy few weeks coming up for Padraig, with Quail Hollow this week, the BMW PGA Championship next week and the Irish Open the following week.

Let's hope he can build on his final round yesterday and pick up enough points to get into the top 60 and qualify for the U.S. Open.

Busy few weeks coming up for Padraig, with Quail Hollow this week, the BMW PGA Championship next week and the Irish Open the following week.

Let's hope he can build on his final round yesterday and pick up enough points to get into the top 60 and qualify for the U.S. Open.
    Yes, let's hope so. Yesterday's performance was very encouraging.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Yes, let's hope so. Yesterday's performance was very encouraging.

Yes - and imo - hed already started setting the agenda/tone for yesterdays performance from hole 6 the day before AFTER the nightmare holes.

Also to make the cut - he had to battle back from 3 over (I think) to the cut line which was level par.

Unbelievable stuff really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

Great performance. His confidence will be on a high now. He's had a very good start to the year so I really hope it continues...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

-2 through 7 today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

LOl - he missed a 3 footer - we just love the pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

You jinxed him with your large font

Synode wrote: »

Normally most thing on here mean nothing

He Will Now Bird Par 5

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Synode wrote: »

Ya Fixde........FONT OFF!!

On a serious note - 2 holes in a row - failed to get up and down.

These lads would expect to get up and down once there.

That is when you go from top 1/5 to midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

He said in his preview that he can't hit it any better tee to green :) but that his putting is a worry at the moment :(

On a serious note - 2 holes in a row - failed to get up and down.

These lads would expect to get up and down once there.

That is when you go from top 1/5 to midfield.

On a serious note don't take what you see on Shot tracker too seriously. Shot tracker makes the game look very very easy. 60ft from hole sounds like an easy up and down but how do you know he should be getting up and down if you don't know how the ball was sitting, if he was on a slope, if he had much green to work with, etc.

Back to -2.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    On a serious note don't take what you see on Shot tracker too seriously. Shot tracker makes the game look very very easy. 60ft from hole sounds like an easy up and down but how do you know he should be getting up and down if you don't know how the ball was sitting, if he was on a slope, if he had much green to work with, etc.

Back to -2.

Agree - but he had a 6 foot putt and a 3 foot putt.

Even if shot tracker wrong and putt distance a little wrong - he had a 70 or 95 % chance of getting up and down after approach.

• Advertisement

Agree - but he had a 6 foot putt and a 3 foot putt.

Even if shot tracker wrong and putt distance a little wrong - he had a 70 or 95 % chance of getting up and down after approach.

Ye that's true, he did make up and downs on 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and just now on 13 so he's not doing too bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement