Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Alot off the leaders seem to have started on the back 9, take that as a good sign also

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Ye that's true, he did make up and downs on 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and just now on 13 so he's not doing too bad.

Agree - he is doing class.

But - I've been thinking about Padraig in US - and my rule of thumb - or what I'm trying to work out. Is why his scoring potential is sort of 1/2 the lead.

He is now going well and double behind lead.

It is early - but it seems to hold for most events he enters.

If he is going to play in US - not sure how this will convert to near top. It needs to be very hard events with bad weather or an unusual aspect.

Great start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭abff

He's currently shown as having gained 1.394 strokes putting, so he's obviously putting reasonably well. And he's birdied 3 of the 4 par 5s, which is good to see as par 5s have been something of an Achilles heel for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I always thought a reference to an up and down shot - was if you ended up in a bonker or something????

What does it actually mean?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

It means you hit onto the green (up) and sink the put (down)

Edit: And you do the above in two strokes, 1 for the up and 1 for the down

• Advertisement

Synode wrote: »
    It means you hit onto the green (up) and sink the put (down)

perfect - thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

not a bad start to the week atol. no real meltdowns..pretty solid. a good 2 under..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Old diesel wrote: »
    ended up in a bonker

Think your thinking of the wrong sport :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Good round, lets hope he can build on it.

Ruu wrote: »
    Good round, lets hope he can build on it.

Would have been lovely if last Sundays round and todays were part of the same event.

7 under would be looking pretty nice :eek:

In saying that however - it is very good - that a great day last Sunday was followed up by a decent day today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

+1 for the day after 5, just missed a 2 footer for birdie

fullstop wrote: »
    +1 for the day after 5, just missed a 2 footer for birdie

Just saw that. And he 3 putted from 50 feet on the 12th (his 3rd). Hope it's not going to be one of those days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

What's he after doing on 15. 2 duff shots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Terrible stuff so far, another week scratching around trying to make the cut. :(

All going a bit pear shaped at present, but still time to recover. Come on Padraig!

abff wrote: »
    All going a bit pear shaped at present, but still time to recover. Come on Padraig!

Definitely struggling massively.

Thing I always try to remember though - is that however frustrating it is for us - its even worse for Padraig.

The putter seems to be off form - his last bogie was from a scenario where he had a 9 footer to make par.

Missed by 12 inches (ie shot tracker was showing he was 12 inches to the hole after the par shot).

Unfortunately - its one of those things with Padraig - he has the ability to have difficult rounds. Really hard habit to get out of.

But look - at the end of the day - its just a game of golf

Is there some kind of weather event going on over there - or what - leaderboard and shot tracker are still showing Padraig as having completed the 16th - but not yet having gone to the 17th (he started the round on the back 9)

Seems to be a glitch with PGA leaderboard - the golf channel one is showing Padraig after 11 holes at +4 for the day - and +2 for the tournament.

Not what we were hoping for - but crap happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

In a spot of bother on hole 7. Went into the drink.

Ruu wrote: »
    In a spot of bother on hole 7. Went into the drink.

I THINK he parred it

• Advertisement

I THINK he parred it

Not much use, needed to birdie the 2 par 5s at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

This is a really disappointing performance. Found form last week at TPC and hit all 18 greens on Sunday. Continued that form yesterday in a round that couldve been better but I never thought a missed cut was on the cards. I'd say he's very angry with himself because this week was a chance to contend. What's next? Wentworth?

fullstop wrote: »
    Not much use, needed to birdie the 2 par 5s at least.

just double bogied 17 as well now :(:(:(:(:(

just a bad bad nightmare day - everything went wrong for him and absolutely nothing went right.

This is a really disappointing performance. Found form last week at TPC and hit all 18 greens on Sunday. Continued that form yesterday in a round that couldve been better but I never thought a missed cut was on the cards. I'd say he's very angry with himself because this week was a chance to contend. What's next? Wentworth?

He does sadly have the ability to do this from time to time - and unfortunately - its a very hard thing for him to knock on the head.

Today was very very bad - but its just one day - the problem with it - isn't a disaster of a day today - but how the good form from yesterday - and last Sunday was rudely interrupted today.

Makes it harder for him to build confidence going forward.

I feel bad for the guy - because while in one way - its his fault because hes the one hitting the shots/putts when they go wrong - at the same time - hes also the guy living the nightmare of the plus 5 round in real time.

Not sure how he bounces back from todays setback - he NEEDS to believe that hes better then today - take the viewpoint - that last Sunday and yesterday reflect what he CAN do when playing well.

Must be so hard going back out to the course/putting green to practice after a nightmare like today.

However - its worth noting that JB Holmes hit plus 4 today - and Jim Furyk hit plus 4 today just 1 shot ahead of Padraig....

I feel bad for the guy - because while in one way - its his fault because hes the one hitting the shots/putts when they go wrong - at the same time - hes also the guy living the nightmare of the plus 5 round in real time.

Not sure how he bounces back from todays setback - he NEEDS to believe that hes better then today - take the viewpoint - that last Sunday and yesterday reflect what he CAN do when playing well.

Must be so hard going back out to the course/putting green to practice after a nightmare like today.

However - its worth noting that JB Holmes hit plus 4 today - and Jim Furyk hit plus 4 today just 1 shot ahead of Padraig....
    No point taking it to heart too much either...the man has made his living and is struggling more than not lately, par for the course for a lot of pros his age

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Very doubtful for PGA due to shoulder injury picked up in Gym. Withdrawal from today's pro am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Panrich

Very doubtful for PGA due to shoulder injury picked up in Gym. Withdrawal from today's pro am.

I don't think he's ever liked Wentworth in any case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Probably wins this week so. Although I don't think he likes the greens there at this time of year.

• Advertisement

Shoulder injury sounds dicey to be playing with id say

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement