Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

birdie on 13 1 under , i think from what their saying level par will be the cut, so another birdie would be nice just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Birdie on 14 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

birdie on 13 1 under , i think from what their saying level par will be the cut, so another birdie would be nice just to be sure.

He's birdied 14 also, so -2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Serious cheer from the crowd when Harrington made that birdie. Nice to see he has good support there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

How unlucky was that putt on 17. Still 2 under

• Advertisement

Lovely shot Podge! Should be a birdie to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Wonderful pitch to 18 - great cheer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Watch the eyes! ;)

Great that we got to see a few shots from him towards the end. I feel all I've watched for the last day is Z Johnson, Warren, Willett and Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

He should make the cut now......!

• Advertisement

Closes with birdie. 6 off the lead. He was 6 off going into the final round at Carnoustie, just sayin :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Tied 25th currently :)

I'm just catching up on the day now. Did they say the weather was going to be picking up now again for the rest of today and early tomorrow? Or I guess what I'm asking is whether it's likely his -3 will look better than T25 by the start of round 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

yes, great back 9, seems to have played solid enough, should be around for the weekend.

is their a second cut on the saturday..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Tied 25th currently :)

I'm just catching up on the day now. Did they say the weather was going to be picking up now again for the rest of today and early tomorrow? Or I guess what I'm asking is whether it's likely his -3 will look better than T25 by the start of round 3?

It seems to be getting windier. Hard to know whether he'll move up or down from here, but I'd be surprised if he's outside the top 30 after today.

They were saying earlier the wind is supposed to get stronger as the day goes on so 3 under will be a grand score by the end of the day I'd say. There'll be a lot of rounds finished tomorrow as well I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Wind seems to be more across on the B9 than hurting like it was yesterday. Doesn't appear as tough as it was late yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Paidi might be in the top 20 by the close of business i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

yes, great back 9, seems to have played solid enough, should be around for the weekend.

is their a second cut on the saturday..
    Nope, top 60 and ties make it into the weekend, no second cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

padraig is going to win this.

I've a very good feeling this week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

ForeRight wrote: »
    padraig is going to win this.

I've a very good feeling this week

No he's not. He himself won't even think this much and will be aiming for a top 20 at best. Conditions are relatively good for the weekend and particularly the leading pack on the Sunday afternoon and it's going to score well above -10

• Advertisement

Few things to note

Paddy went around the course yesterday with the least amount of putts. Still only even par but it's good to see his putter is doing him well. Also, the BBC are currently asking for favourite Open moment on their live text page and the most common one was PH's second drive onto the 17th at Carnoustie!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

No he's not. He himself won't even think this much and will be aiming for a top 20 at best. Conditions are relatively good for the weekend and particularly the leading pack on the Sunday afternoon and it's going to score well above -10

Nah mate he's got this. Stay calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MikeSD

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Few things to note

Paddy went around the course yesterday with the least amount of putts. Still only even par but it's good to see his putter is doing him well. Also, the BBC are currently asking for favourite Open moment on their live text page and the most common one was PH's second drive onto the 17th at Carnoustie!

He's -3!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Few things to note

I have flashes of that shot frequently.

The ball frantically tripping towards the hole,as if it was being pushed and steered in the right direction.

MikeSD wrote: »
    He's -3!
    Re-read the post. Fewest putts yesterday, he was even for the day. That was the point.

Nope, top 60 and ties make it into the weekend, no second cut.

Top 70 and ties I think.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Top 70 and ties I think.
    Yup, my bad. Top 70 plus ties!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭dball

12:55 Martin Kaymer (Ger), Padraig Harrington

dball wrote: »
    12:55 Martin Kaymer (Ger), Padraig Harrington

Should get some good TV coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Course seems to be giving up a lot of birdies early on....that may not suit paddy in terms of progressing up the leader board...what's the forecast for the day?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement