Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭abff

It looks like it might be another day of really low scoring, unless the wind picks up later on. None of the players currently on the course are over par today and a number of them are 3 or 4 under.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Wind is scheduled to pick up by the time the leaders tee off
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gfn0848v1#?fcTime=1437350400

but only a moderate breeze to contend with for the Padraig and Dunne. I reckon - 17 wins it. C'mon Ireland:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

I can see someone who is in the chasing pack winning this...for some,the pressure of leading will lead to mistakes so that will be a factor...thats why I think paddy has a really good chance...he relishes this situation...heard a quote from him there whereby he explained the difference in his play when he's in contention and when he's not.He explained that when he's not in contention,when he hits a shot thats not perfect,it really annoys him and he beats himself up but when he's in contention and competing,he just moves on and only cares about the score....really interesting stuff and does explain a lot in recent years...also interest is the lack of coverage of his position on the leaderboard in the Irish media...all focused and rightly so on dunne..lack of spotlight might be good for him too...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

im ready for the rollercoaster today. Hell either shot a 67 or a 77.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Domo1982

a 77.....Ban this guy!!!!:):):):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I have a feeling Jordan Spieth will do the job today but I'd really love to see Padraig pull it off. I'd even prefer to see Harrington win over Dunne I think. Paul Dunne winning would be one of the greatest underdog stories in the history of sport but I have that connection to Harrington. Like a lot of lads in here I've always believed he had another major win in him when others had completely written him off. How great would it be to see him lift another Claret Jug.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

The funny thing is he will need a 67 at least to have a chance.

People say 2 shots is not a lot in a major - it is when you have Day - Spieth and Oosthuizen above you.

Would have like him to get that bird on last.

But, over the moon for him to be in the mix.

Wonder has Garcia got a low one in him at this stage - he would need a crazy round of 65 or lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I have a feeling Jordan Spieth will do the job today but I'd really love to see Padraig pull it off. I'd even prefer to see Harrington win over Dunne I think. Paul Dunne winning would be one of the greatest underdog stories in the history of sport but I have that connection to Harrington. Like a lot of lads in here I've always believed he had another major win in him when others had completely written him off. How great would it be to see him lift another Claret Jug.

I'd have to agree, it would be great to see him win another major, 7/8 years after his original 3, in what was an amazing 13 months for him.
    I think another win would truly cement his place as an all time great of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭abff

Not long to go now. I hope Padraig is not feeling as nervous as I am right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Oh, the beauty of being on holidays, in Ireland, with BBC, and an understanding wife. Come on Padraig.....and Paul ..... the greatest and the latest Irish golfing superstar.

And we're off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Great approach on the first. Birdie chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Padraig is up for this. No doubt. He'll be loving it. Has the eyes already.... Come on Padraig. I'll be hoarse from texting, better ease off.

Makes Birdie

-11 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

There we go

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Here we go!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Not sure if I'll be able to hold it together today! It's on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Heading to bed. I live in Australia and it's not on the TV. Staying up watching text news, boards and Twitter will drive me mental!

Hoping to wake up to an Irish 1-2 with Padraig holding up his third claret jug.

COME ON PADDY!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

stuck on a train for the next 4 hours with iranroid eireann wifi - so its boards and bbc text keeping we going!
    Should make it dublin for the last hour of coverage (fingers crossed)

C'mon Paddy

-12 :eek:

Some putt!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Choo chooo choooo paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

This could be one of the best ever :):):)

Another great approach!

Pars the 3rd, so very close to a birdie

Probable par on 4 as well, was unlucky with the approach.

Great shot in the rough to set up an eagle chance on 5! Birdie more likely but either way great result from where he was

Wild eyes! Good chance for eagle.

An eagle putt to go into the lead

Birdie

• Advertisement

Joins the others on -13 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement