Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Wibbly Wobbly Wonder

Harrington benefiting from his work with SV:EYE. He has 20:20 vision but reckons his eyes need retraining to help him read putts properly, hence contacting them.

Apparently he had a right to left bias when reading putts for years. But he found it was left to right in recent times. Hence second guessing himself and putting badly last year.

Wears special glasses in practice now. Had 26 putts only today. Coincidence? Who knows. He does have a history of spikes of initial improvement with new fads.

Are you allowed those special 3D specs to read the falls on the greens ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Seves Three Iron

Are you allowed those special 3D specs to read the falls on the greens ?

I'm sure for special people they'd make an exception. Try your luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Harrington benefiting from his work with SV:EYE. He has 20:20 vision but reckons his eyes need retraining to help him read putts properly, hence contacting them.

Apparently he had a right to left bias when reading putts for years. But he found it was left to right in recent times. Hence second guessing himself and putting badly last year.

Wears special glasses in practice now. Had 26 putts only today. Coincidence? Who knows. He does have a history of spikes of initial improvement with new fads.

It is all bit mad isn't it ?

I was laughing in the car when he went on about his 20/20 vision.

So he is changing the focus of his eyes :confused: - my dad told me i would go cross eyed if did that as a kid. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,183 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Paddy is a conversation away from thinking that each putt he makes will set off a land mine in Afganistan.

Love him all the same, but not holding my breath

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Wibbly Wobbly Wonder

I'm sure for special people they'd make an exception. Try your luck.

In general, I don't think making jokes about special needs conditions is appropriate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

eh ? Are you sure it's not a special breathing technique for swing enhancement ?

Philip Walton must've had the best swing of all time in that case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Was he not involved in a controversy a couple of years ago about getting one company to do laser eye surgery and then did TV ads for a competitor ... shudda gone to Specsavers!!

Peter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Seves Three Iron

Aye, bizarre stuff all right. I personally prefer the Keegan Bradley death stare!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭abff

Apologies for changing the subject by actually talking about golf, but Padraig is 1 under today after 5 holes and in a tie for 11th. Cover has just started to Sky Sports 4.

abff wrote: »
    Apologies for changing the subject by actually talking about golf, but Padraig is 1 under today after 5 holes and in a tie for 11th. Cover has just started to Sky Sports 4.

Not a great start at that place , he is 3 shots down on yesterday. Needs a few birdies.

• Advertisement

Not a great start at that place , he is 3 shots down on yesterday. Needs a few birdies.

And he does - fair play on the way - keep it up. -2

2 under now after 6. At least we're actually talking about golf again!

2 under now after 6. At least we're actually talking about golf again!

Padraig is interesting - just scores, is just scores. I can look at that on US pga site.

Padraig is interesting - just scores, is just scores. I can look at that on US pga site.

True, Padraig is interesting and worthy of discussion and a lot of the comments about him are relevant. Some of the recent comments had gone a bit too far off track and that was the reason why I was happy to be talking about scores for a change.

They're talking right now on Sky about how you don't know which Phil is going to turn up. I guess they could say the same about a few other golfers, Padraig included.

True, Padraig is interesting and worthy of discussion and a lot of the comments about him are relevant. Some of the recent comments had gone a bit too far off track and that was the reason why I was happy to be talking about scores for a change.

They're talking right now on Sky about how you don't know which Phil is going to turn up. I guess they could say the same about a few other golfers, Padraig included.

Padraig gave me 3 Irish majors - so he can say or do anything he likes in my eyes.

Sound bloke , family man, class act.

Would love to see him win one more after all the **** that he got. On this forum lads were saying he is gone forever. He has had problems holding it together for a week. So great start here.

Unfortunate bogey after a great drive. Hopefully, he'll bounce back.

Very unlucky lip out at the 11th.

Bad day for paddy. Seems to be like that up and down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Birdie on 17th. -2 for the round.

Love to see a birdie on 18 and get under double figures for 2 rounds.

A top 5 finish is his best hope from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Not even a par, bogie on the last for -8.

• Advertisement

Frustrating finish. Be interesting to see which Padraig turns up today. Fingers crossed it will be Thursday's version.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Birdie Birdie Birdie start!!!!!!!

Lipped out for 4 in a row!

Here's hoping he keeps it going.

another birdie

CHIP IN!!!!! cmon paddy! 2nd now, 13 under. 5 under thru 8

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Another birdie c'mon Podge

mafc wrote: »
    Another birdie c'mon Podge

great stuff. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Shortish eagle putt coming up after a mistake on the last. Great to see him playing well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭IanPoulter

Sky Sports Holmes and Roe really talking Harrington up for this season after analysing the swing changes with Pete Cowen

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement