Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭abff

Really interesting talk on the philosophical side of golf and his game here:

Well worth a listen, informative and even comical despite the grating voice that is uniquely Padraig's.

Great link, thanks. But I don't find the voice grating. I could listen to him forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭m r c

soundsham wrote: »
    Have to say he always gives a good interview
    His news conference at AT&T on PGA tour app is worth a view
    Sorry cant figure how to link it
    Nice start -2

Thanks for that, had a look he's funny alright, tbh it's great to see I don't know if its me or what but he seems to be getting more respect this year or something (even in boards) the tv commentary was a bit jokey/laughy sometimes as they discussed him in the last couple of years. Great to see pundits giving him more respect that he deserves IMHO.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

madds wrote: »
    looks like he is coming up out of the majority of his putts, especially from inside 5 feet.

He hasn't missed inside 5 feet according to the PGA stats, leading average of 100%!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Needs to turn up today!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

ssbob wrote: »
    Needs to turn up today!

Yes even though it's the most difficult of the 3 courses it was disappointing to finish on par after being -3 after 10.

Here is the breakdown of the 56 players at -2 or better

MP 21
    PB 23
    SH 12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

ssbob wrote: »
    Needs to turn up today!

Somewhat anyway
    Cut is Saturday

For crying out loud! 4 under after 12, back to 1 under after 3 putt on the 16th.

same inconsistencies as yesterday, good round going then 3 bogeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

abff wrote: »
    For crying out loud! 4 under after 12, back to 1 under after 3 putt on the 16th.

He'd make yo pull your hair out at times........

TRS30 wrote: »
    He'd make yo pull your hair out at times........

If I had any left...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

If I had any left...

Following Paddy too long :)

TRS30 wrote: »
    Following Paddy too long :)

Lot of truth in that, unfortunately. But I haven't lost the faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

slave1 wrote: »
    He hasn't missed inside 5 feet according to the PGA stats, leading average of 100%!

This week or all season? Maybe so but his stroke does not inspire confidence. Watch his head closely, it starts to move following the ball a split second after he makes contact with the putter.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Not out of this event yet. Plays the easiest of the 3 courses today. Hes 80/1 with the bookies currently. He was 80s at the same stage last week and played in the final group on sunday. Needs a similar saturday to last week. If he shoots 6/7 under today he will be right in it. The scores arent ridiculous this week with conditions tough. Fingers crossed.........

Disappointing start with 2 par 5s......4 pars to start :/

According to the stats he has hit every fairway and green so far and has just 3 putted for his first bogey. So much for me commenting on his putting! Struggling to make the cut now.

13 putts after 6 holes. Not good. Hopefully, it will pick up from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Looks like no golf for paddy for Sunday.

Looks that way. Disappointing after the way he has played so far this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Hope he can have a good result this coming weekend at the Northern Trust Open but unfortunately, his record at this course is fairly dire with his last decent result being a T-3rd back in 2008.

• Advertisement

Back under pressure to get into Doral now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭ronjo

Am I right that Padraig will face GMac in the first round of the matchplay assuming Mickelson doesnt go?

McDowell is 19 but will move to 18th seed and Harrington would be 47th.

So two all Irish matches in the first round.

ronjo wrote: »
    Am I right that Padraig will face GMac in the first round of the matchplay assuming Mickelson doesnt go?

That appears to be the case alright!!

I would imagine there will be another person pull out due to injury though which might mess up our all Irish encounters!! Tbh while it'll be great for the first round, i would love to see them all meet at Semi's stage!!

ronjo wrote: »

The seedings are based on next Mondays rankings so it will most likely change with both playing at Riviera this week.

The seedings are based on next Mondays rankings so it will most likely change with both playing at Riviera this week.

Didn't know that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭ronjo

I didnt realise that either. So why are people saying Lowry is in already?
    Nobody closely below him playing this week?

I think that qualification is based on this week's rankings, but seedings are adjusted for any change in rankings between this week and next week.

I think that qualification is based on this week's rankings, but seedings are adjusted for any change in rankings between this week and next week.

What he said :cool:

But what happens if someone outside the top 64 get in then, are they just disregarded and the 64 seeds are drawn in the position they finish even though they could be ranked 66th etc? The way i calculated it Harrington will face Schwartzel which is not good news. Anyone know for definite how it works?

• Advertisement

But what happens if someone outside the top 64 get in then, are they just disregarded and the 64 seeds are drawn in the position they finish even though they could be ranked 66th etc? The way i calculated it Harrington will face Schwartzel which is not good news. Anyone know for definite how it works?
    players will move to fill the seeding gaps, so at the moment everyone below Phil would move up 1 place. So its 64 v 1, 63 v 2, 62 v 3 etc
    Whats Schwartzels ranking?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement