Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭abff

The following wording is taken from the PGA Tour site:

While the top 64 in the OWGR are qualified for the event, players have until Friday, Feb. 15, at 5 p.m. ET to officially commit to the tournament.

The 2013 bracket and tee times will be unveiled on Sunday, Feb. 17, once the OWGR is updated following the conclusion of the Northern Trust Open on the PGA TOUR.

abff

Note to mods: While I know we are supposed to include links rather than quote en masse from another site, I presume that relatively short quotes are permitted. If the above is too long and is in breach of the above protocol, my apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

players will move to fill the seeding gaps, so at the moment everyone below Phil would move up 1 place. So its 64 v 1, 63 v 2, 62 v 3 etc
    Whats Schwartzels ranking?

My calculation with Schwartzel was wrong thankfully. I just went through the archives of the world rankings the week before last years Matchplay and you are correct in saying the seedings are re-arranged after this week but the field is set as of today.

Just looking at the possible match ups for Harro it seems if the rankings stayed the same it would be McDowell. But the guys around McDowell in the world rankings look even stronger. The most intriguing prospect IMO would be Mr. Sergio Garcia. Unlikely, but still a possibility. At least we could guarantee Harro a berth in the second round if that was the case :D:D:D:D

Ouch! 3 foot putt missed on 9th - double bogey! All Pars to there. Needs something to happen quickly.

Another double at the 13th. 4 over after 11 pars and two double bogeys. Ouch! Time to go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AloKildare

I would think that's him out of the Cadillac Championship now barring a good run next week in the matchplay, which he has never done very well in.

• Advertisement

I think he will probably need to win at least two matches in the matchplay to hold onto his top 50 ranking.

Assuming no further drop outs and no major change in rankings over the weekend, the matchplay will be worth 76 points to the winner and first round losers will get 2.110 points, second round losers 4.420 points and 3rd round losers 8.883 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Very bad week, almost bringing up the rear of the field.

Wheels seem to have fallen off big time after a promising start to the season. It looks as if his putting yesterday was horrendous. At least he managed to pick up some birdies and an eagle today to match the bogies and double bogey, so he must have dropped a couple of putts. Back to the drawing board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

looks like the return to form was a false dawn. Especially when you look at the ease with which the likes of Luke Donald returned from a winter brake and puts himself bang in contention. Malachy Clerkin rubbished the weight gain thing as "some deliberate intent to improve his game", saying it was typical Paddy self motivating spin on a pig out xmas. Tinkering has ruined his gamed and he looks so un-natural on shots sometimes, particularly putting.

but as a fan I hope I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

As I said in this thread last week, Padraig has nearly always had poor results at The Northern Trust Open at Riviera. His last decent result was back in 2008. So hopefully he can bounce back and have a good run of form before Augusta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    looks like the return to form was a false dawn. Especially when you look at the ease with which the likes of Luke Donald returned from a winter brake and puts himself bang in contention. Malachy Clerkin rubbished the weight gain thing as "some deliberate intent to improve his game", saying it was typical Paddy self motivating spin on a pig out xmas. Tinkering has ruined his gamed and he looks so un-natural on shots sometimes, particularly putting.

totally agree

Be nice if the guy who calculates the world rankings could do the draw for the matchplay for us :D:D:D:D:D

Be nice if the guy who calculates the world rankings could do the draw for the matchplay for us :D:D:D:D:D[/QUOTE

No need. They've just published it on Sky Sports.

McIlroy v Lowry and McDowell v Harrington.

abff wrote: »
    [/QUOTE

No need. They've just published it on Sky Sports.

McIlroy v Lowry and McDowell v Harrington.

Can't wait for this, two very interesting matches! I'm going for a Lowry/McDowell
    double :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Howjoe1 wrote: »

I'm not sure I fully agree with this. The reality is that you have to continually change in golf. You don't ever get to a point where you say, 'that's it, I've got this nailed, I'll never change again'. I'd say almost all golfers are continually changing something - their pre-shot routine, swing, clubs, ball, caddy, etc.

PH has said recently that the only thing that changed about his 'contant tinkering' is that other people suddenly became aware of it when he fell away from his peak in 2007/8.

Where I do agree is that he is probably guilty of changing too much, too often. In addition, he does look too mechanical at times, especially with his putting.

Really disappointed about the weather delay. Had the whole evening free to watch it! Typical. Can anyone see Harro beating Gmac? Maybe this is the spark to a good run........maybe.......maybe?

Can anyone see Harro beating Gmac?

I don't see why not. In match play you can score 65 and lose or score 75 and win. Padraig always seems to fall into the former category unfortunately, but maybe his luck is due a change.

One win should be enough to get him into Doral, so he needs it more than Gmac. Maybe that will be the differentiating factor.

Just to keep people updated. Harrington and Mcdowell are on the first green when play resumes. McDowell has a 28 footer for par and Harro has a 4 footer also for par.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

I think its time I looked for a new hero.

shaneon77 wrote: »

It's hard to see him winning again with how bad his putting has become.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Won 12,13 and 14! Back to all square from 3 down!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GetInTheHole!

He has a jumper and pair of shoes on him like hes out to do a bit of weeding in the garden..

Legend!!

Where does he go from here??
    He will surely miss Doral now unless he decides to play next week and even at that, mightn't play well enough to make it into the top 50.
    I think the best thing he can do is take a break, the 4 week stint seems to have taken its toll on him.

Totally agree. It's a sad day for golf (at least Irish golf) as I fear after looking at that dejected, if not embarrassed look on Padraig's face there tonight that this really is the end for him. There is nothing fluid about his swing and it is actually uncomfortable watching him stand over a short putt these days. His iron play is still really good but once the putting goes thats it. To see him collapse on the last under serious pressure tells me (a completely obsessed fan of him) that he's done. It pains me to say it but I think I have to finally convince myself it's over for him. I actually think he's still in the wgc at Doral by the way. Due to him being ranked 50th this week. The qualification process says the top 50 for the week before AND two weeks before the event.

On a side not it's great to see Lowry take down Rory. Lets hope he can hold on. Maybe he can be my new hero

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭onlyfinewine

I was shocked to see Padraig miss the fairway to the right at the last hole in the WGC against Graeme McDowell. The fairway was quoted as being 40 yards wide and it was curtains if you missed it. I don't know about how well he is swinging but surely he could have made sure he did not miss in the wilderness?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

He has a jumper and pair of shoes on him like hes out to do a bit of weeding in the garden..

Legend!!

Couldnt get over it. It was even more obvious when up against the impeccably dressed GMac. It looked like he had been hunting in the Guineys bargain bin and found the first pants and jumper that fit.

Couldnt get over it. It was even more obvious when up against the impeccably dressed GMac. It looked like he had been hunting in the Guineys bargain bin and found the first pants and jumper that fit.

It didn't even fit though! The jumper was too big!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,184 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The two of ye are both wrong and right at the same time.

It fit his gut, it just didn't fit anywhere else. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

It's a common misconception among people carrying a bit of timber that baggy clothes hides it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

And the pants were too long. And shiny. Maybe he lost a bet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement