Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

soundsham wrote: »
    He is now on twitter

He has been for a year, but he doesn't really use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

@PHarrington is a fake account, @padraig_h is his official one which he barely updates

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

i entered his twitter/wilson masters competition and won these......

d744c032149cdc387dcd18ad23ea474d.png

its's not 1st prize but its better then nothing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

More serious issue with Harro is why he feels the need to partake in crazy ads for even crazier golf aids ... http://www.padraigharrington.com/GolfSwingShirt.php ... the ad was on during Agusta last week and is as cringy as anything on tv. Surely the man has enough money. More time on the practice green and less time making crap ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

More serious issue with Harro is why he feels the need to partake in crazy ads for even crazier golf aids ... http://www.padraigharrington.com/GolfSwingShirt.php ... the ad was on during Agusta last week and is as cringy as anything on tv. Surely the man has enough money. More time on the practice green and less time making crap ads.

You obviously haven't tried the Golf Swing Shirt. It's a brilliant product ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I'd be fairly certain tbh that lack of practice is not (and will never be) the issue with Harrington.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

GreeBo wrote: »
    I'd be fairly certain tbh that lack of practice is not (and will never be) the issue with Harrington.

Probably would have done better had he even practised a little less though for the final few years of his career as a major contender.

Long game was good enough to compete - just keeping his outstanding shortgame sharp was all that was needed to notch up a few more serious wins, but too much long game practise and swing modifications too late in the day squandered his chances. And now its too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Almaviva wrote: »
    Probably would have done better had he even practised a little less though for the final few years of his career as a major contender.

Long game was good enough to compete - just keeping his outstanding shortgame sharp was all that was needed to notch up a few more serious wins, but too much long game practise and swing modifications too late in the day squandered his chances. And now its too late.

I'm hoping the bolded bit isnt true but...

IMO he should go back to being an amazing scrambler and let whatever else happens, happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MungoMan

IMO he should go back to being an amazing scrambler and let whatever else happens, happen.

You make it sound so easy !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I'm hoping the bolded bit isnt true but...

Yeah, maybe he needs to start getting out for a few rounds in his old home course.

Didn't he say that the reason he had such a tidy short game was that it was so difficult to hit greens in Stackstown which forced him to make tons of up & downs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Harro trying out the belly putter this week. A completely desperate attempt to get the putting going again. Ive been waiting for this for years!!! Maybe this will end the putting slump!!!!

Misses tiddler on the first hole. I guess that didnt work! Hasnt hit a fairway yet or a green in regulation, 6 holes gone.

His ship has sunk! +4 thru 6, tournament over already! WHY DO I CONTINUE THIS TORTURE OF BELIEVING!!???? :(:(:(:(

Water on the next, mother of god!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

+5 after 7 and sits dead last of everyone in play at the moment.

I can't help laugh at him I love him so much.

Played 2 par 5's today so far and bogied each one. Terrible. Shocking. Not surprising either.

2 easy par 5s today. bogeyed both.

5 over thru 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I had a quick scroll down the leaderboard and thought "he probably hasn't teed off yet"

6 over, propping up the field. Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

8 over, time to take a few weeks off. Enjoy some time with the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Seriously, what is he thinking taking up the belly putter at this late stage when it is going to be banned in a few years? Wasn't he one of the players in favor of the ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Yeah he was in favour of the ban. I can't say I'm shocked by his decision to try it out but I am shocked by the hypocrisy of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I'm a big fan of Harrington, but that was shocking today. What with the specs a few weeks ago, and now a belly putter.....think he's lost the plot. Very disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

What is Harrington at this is desperate stuff
    Is he not a spokesman for the r and a who are totally opposed to the belly putter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

My good god paddy, you're far better than that:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

He's a golf nut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Jaysus, when I read the headline on the Indo website, namely, "Harrington swallows belly pride", I presume that he had given up on the notion, that having a beer belly would make him a better golfer and he got himself fit again. But no! he's converted to the soon to be banned belly putter that he slated others for using.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Chap's a whack-job... he took apart a game that won 3 Majors in 13 months in order to "get to the next level"... there is no 'next level' - Majors are the very top level... I hate to say it cos I've always been a huge fan - and he'll always have those three Majors - but he's destroyed his career....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

He is now in a really desperate place, very very sad to see. All that is left now is to grow his hair long as he has tried everything else.:eek: Unfortunately he is his own worst enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

What was once mildly amusing is now looking increasingly desperate. Been a while since we've actually discussed his game.

I heard an audio clip where he said 'I was bored on Monday' in reference to giving the belly putter a go. Says a lot about his state of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭saintastic

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Chap's a whack-job... he took apart a game that won 3 Majors in 13 months in order to "get to the next level"... there is no 'next level' - Majors are the very top level... I hate to say it cos I've always been a huge fan - and he'll always have those three Majors - but he's destroyed his career....

Harrington "took apart his game" after winning the first major. He changed from a draw to a fade and went on to win two more majors.

So the process that he goes through was very successful in the past in that it did get him to the "next level" i.e. multi-major winner.

In saying that, this process is taking him to some very weird and desperate places now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Belly putter :):):)

What a hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

He's putting has been so poor for so long that i'm more concerned about the rest of his game. The top 10's from earlier in the year were down to a good swing, this seems have gone from his game now as well :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement