Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

After 17 holes Strokes Gained - Putting 4.410 :eek: :eek:

Fair play to him and his belly :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Excellent!!!!!!

-4 finished 68!

Now built on that early tomorrow paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Have to say Harro (as long as he taps that 2 footer in at the last as i type) has looked extremely comfortable over the ball on the greens. standing more upright, no glasses and looks to me as though hes lost a bit of weight? am i the only one thinking that?

Lovely round of golf. Great to see him not let that double bogey affect him. It was also good to see him take his medicine on the 16th having left himself in a very difficult position after his second shot. I thought he might go for that and we would see that classic par 5 meltdown.

Lets push on from here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Have to say Harro (as long as he taps that 2 footer in at the last as i type) has looked extremely comfortable over the ball on the greens. standing more upright, no glasses and looks to me as though hes lost a bit of weight? am i the only one thinking that?

Lovely round of golf. Great to see him not let that double bogey affect him. It was also good to see him take his medicine on the 16th having left himself in a very difficult position after his second shot. I thought he might go for that and we would see that classic par 5 meltdown.

Lets push on from here now.

I'll only stick with belly putter if I keep making putts...... Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

great round Harrington, I don't know about anyone else but I'm expecting him to miss the cut tomorrow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

4 under for the round and 4 under for the par 5s. Hallelujah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Look great round from my favourite golfer however tomorrow will be a bigger test. If he can even be anything under par I would be extremely happy, heck give me a level par for him tomorrow and I'd bite your arm off.

Please don't let this be a false dawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

This thread is hilarious!! The ups and downs, must be a mirror of what the great man is tormented with himself.

The difference today was his putting plain and simple, confidence is huge with the (long) flat stick and we all know that if Harro can get going with the flat stick he is a force to be reckoned with!

Didn't see much of the televised action but from reading the play by play on the pga tour app he made a 13ft,16ft & 12ft on holes 13,14 & 15 so must have been delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

It is great to see, despite all the grief he mas made for himself with fiddling with his game, there is still such great support for him from nearly everone on here. God knows what we will get later on the great Harrington Rollercoaster!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

The excitement going on here last night I'm guessing I must have missed a few days, Padraig's in the mix in the closing nine holes! Emm no, was Thursday after all, Padraig had a good opening round. Be great to see him flying again but for now the odds of him having a 2nd round less than 10 shots worse than his 1st one are probably about 50/50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Not the best start but got away with a bogey after holing a 12ft putt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

and its begun.....bogey on 10 (starting on the back 9) after a penalty stroke, 12 foot put tho!

aVZgT.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Birdie straight away. Rollercoaster continues...

Making a mess of the par 5 second after laying up. 18 footer for par. easiest hole on the course. Struggling to make the cut now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Making a mess of the par 5 second after laying up. 18 footer for par. easiest hole on the course. Struggling to make the cut now

Pars since then and has a decent enough drive away on the par 4 5th.

7 and 8 are the key holes I think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Yeah would feel a lot more comfortable if he picked up at least one more birdie!

-1 is the cut.....it might go to -2 so fingers crossed he makes it home safe and sound

someone needs to tell Tiger to ease off a little

And theres the duff into the water! SHOCKING

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

WTF was that? into the water 54 yards short of the hole on a par 3???

• Advertisement

Goodnight Irene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that is unbearably bad!

Just had to nip out for half an hour, and refreshed the screen to THAT! Well, that's that! I'm getting fed up with these disappointments.

on 9 in 3 (par 5) 19 feet left, get that birdie...............PLEEEEEEEEASE!

nope, just a par :(

His playing partner Rory Sabbatini, beat him by 8 shots today. Despite the fact he himself had 4 bogeys. He will probably make the cut by one shot. Why cant I be a Sabbatini fan?

His playing partner Rory Sabbatini, beat him by 8 shots today. Despite the fact he himself had 4 bogeys. He will probably make the cut by one shot. Why cant I be a Sabbatini fan?
    cause hes a twat.

Has finished up on level par. Don't think he can make the cut on that. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Look great round from my favourite golfer however tomorrow will be a bigger test. If he can even be anything under par I would be extremely happy, heck give me a level par for him tomorrow and I'd bite your arm off.

Please don't let this be a false dawn!

For **** sakes Paddy, followed on shot tracker all day in work and it's been difficult to watch. Jesus all I wanted was a level par round and to show a bit of consistency.

So he was T10 yesterday and now looks like missing the cut.

Must be the most difficult player to follow on the US Tour....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

I hate to be an Aftertimer... but I feared the worst for him after listening to his post-round interview last night... I thought he came across as a player completely at odds with himself. He seemed more surprised than anyone that he'd shot a good round. It was almost like he was saying "Jesus, how did I manage that and how will I do it again tomorrow?"

Today's relapse was as inevitable as it is disappointing... C'mon Padraig, clear your head, let the fog lift and just play golf...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

pelevin wrote: »
    The excitement going on here last night I'm guessing I must have missed a few days, Padraig's in the mix in the closing nine holes! Emm no, was Thursday after all, Padraig had a good opening round. Be great to see him flying again but for now the odds of him having a 2nd round less than 10 shots worse than his 1st one are probably about 50/50.

This was my earlier post, and fair do's he was only 8 shots worse. Well done Padraig, mighty stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement