Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

WH BONNEY wrote: »
    IIRC Johnny Reilly RIP was his first caddy followed by David McNeilly and then Ronan Flood.

If he was to change, Billy Foster anybody ?

Billy Foster?....good call, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

i wouldnt say billy would go to harrington. like paddy or not his best days are def behind him.

mag wrote: »
    i wouldnt say billy would go to harrington. like paddy or not his best days are def behind him.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. Who is Colin Byrne with now?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

vienne86 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I think you're right. Who is Colin Byrne with now?

the Irish Times.

GreeBo wrote: »
    the Irish Times.

I know he's in the IT, but does he caddy for anyone now? Sorry, I haven't read his column in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Russman

I thought I saw him with Els recently............? Wasn't sure only caught a fleeting glimpse on one of the holes.

Russman wrote: »
    I thought I saw him with Els recently............? Wasn't sure only caught a fleeting glimpse on one of the holes.

You're right - I knew I'd seen him recently enough. I think Els' caddie had been ill but I don't think having Colin Byrne on the bag is a permanent arrangement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Making a right hames of the 15th, on in 5 after second went OOB!On a par 4...

Ilik Urgee wrote: »
    Making a right hames of the 15th, on in 5 after second went OOB!On a par 4...

He was going nicely.....-2 after 13, but now it's gone pear shaped - bogey followed by triple bogey.

I see he's back on the regular putter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

He was going nicely.....-2 after 13, but now it's gone pear shaped - bogey followed by double bogey.

I see he's back on the regular putter.

Treble bogey I think :mad:

Wasn't expecting the regular putter to be back, putting was his best stat last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Harrington's head seems to have gone entirely.
    You are always waiting for that 7 or 8 with him these days and boy does it come.

Harrington's head seems to have gone entirely.
    You are always waiting for that 7 or 8 with him these days and boy does it come.

And it takes a lot of the enjoyment out of watching him....I was delighted when I saw him a few times this evening. As commentary has just said, disaster followed by sensation followed by .....well, you have to keep watching, but it's not good for the nerves!

He's not back on a normal person putter though..........seems to be still using the belly, no ?

Russman wrote: »
    He's not back on a normal person putter though..........seems to be still using the belly, no ?

I didn't think he was using the belly this evening......I could be wrong, but it's gone off now. We'll see tomorrow.

I didn't think he was using the belly this evening......I could be wrong, but it's gone off now. We'll see tomorrow.

He was, I wasn't really paying that much attention until I heard Faldo commenting on it that he shouldn't be getting any "recoil" on the followthrough with the belly putter, but true to form, there was Paddy with the putter bouncing back............gotta love him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Paddy birdies the par 3 17. Back to +1.

2-5-7-5-2 :D Maybe he's being sponsored by a new taxi firm :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭abff

Birdie birdie finish to get back to level par.

And another Birdie to finish, interesting last 6 holes after a very uneventful first 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

32 foot putt to birdie 18 too.
    Hopefully a strong round tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

That would have to be considered a good level par round. I can't check shot tracker on my phone, what happened with the triple bogey? Did he have a dropped shot?

shaneon77 wrote: »
    That would have to be considered a good level par round. I can't check shot tracker on my phone, what happened with the triple bogey? Did he have a dropped shot?

I think he may have had a lost ball with his second shot.

That was some scramble last night....that's the sort of thing Padraig used to be so good it and it's great to see him pull it off. Without that triple it would have been a decent round. Please, Padraig, a decent round today - just a solid good round and no horrors. If he does just that, I will be well pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

shaneon77 wrote: »

ob off his 2nd shot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

mag wrote: »
    ob off his 2nd shot

OB off his second shot? Was it a shank? Fair enough OB off the tee, that can happen, but OB from the fairway is rare enough for a pro. The last time I saw that was Dustin Johnson at the Open a few years ago. Good to see the birdie birdie finish though, more of the same please Paddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Needs a sub par round today to make the weekend by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

prediction for harry today, is +4.

An eagle, three birdies, two doubles, a triple, and two bogeys.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

prediction for harry today, is +4.

An eagle, three birdies, two doubles, a triple, and two bogeys.

:D

Nah, I'd say 18 straight pars, very consistent play. Maybe a birdie or two if we're lucky :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

My shot tracker says he hasn't started, where are people following him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    My shot tracker says he hasn't started, where are people following him?

he doesn't tee off till 1.40 GMT.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement