Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

GreeBo wrote: »
    he needs someone to honestly critique his game and determine the cause of the disasters.
    but him or his caddy, maybe even Torrance even.

Needs to get back to old values. Torrance is a good call.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I think he is close. Id rather by trying to fix my game after 2 rounds with 10 birdies.
    Then trying to fix my game without them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MungoMan

how many make the cut

he is on even par t67. with 16 others on same score

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Hes gonna make the cut now. But that was totally bottling it. He wouldve thought he needed a total of 1 under. Thats sad to see. Awful way to scrape into the weekend. Minus them two triples and a less pressured par at that last hole he'd be 3rd currently in this tournament, right in it. Hes the most frustrating player on tour by a country mile.

He will probably win the US Open now...........

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

I think he is close..

lol ... are you serious ?
    He is so far from close it's not even funny !!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MungoMan

lol ... are you serious ?
    He is so far from close it's not even funny !!!!!!!!!!

i think he is close. hes getting a lot of birdies, with the odd mishap

some week, its probably all going to come together, all aspects of his game will come good at the same time

MungoMan wrote: »

some week, its probably all going to come together, all aspects of his game will come good at the same time

ok, we must all be watching a different padraig then.
    the ODD mishap you say ?

It's scary how inconsistant he is.

Ya, come on lads. It's not just the odd brainfart, it's every week he throws in a clanger. Making the cut is a positive, however. Keeps his fed ex points ticking along, albeit at a snails pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I dearly want to believe this. But two triple bogies in two rounds is not something a pro should do, let alone one who expects to win. Some lovely stuff, but then on nearly every hole I find myself holding my breath and just hoping agains hope he doesn't do something silly.

I was out all evening so missed the end of his round - lucky boy to scrape the cut.

ok, we must all be watching a different padraig then.
    the ODD mishap you say ?

It's scary how inconsistant he is.

Do you watch much golf ? and for how long are you watching golf ?

Most golfers have up and down periods in a season , a career. Tiger is a freak . But Rory, Phil, Rose, Mcdowel - all have up and down times.

This is a bad time for Padraig - but he is even making cuts :eek:
    The number of birdies means he is ready to strike when he gets problem sorted.

I think he will be close in next month or so.

• Advertisement

He can certainly take inspiration from Angel Cabrera, who seems to have found a new lease of life. Up amongst it again this week.

In fact - I'll go one further and say he will be in 60s over weekend.

In fact - I'll go one further and say he will be in 60s over weekend.

Do you mean finishing position? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

I think I agree here. Ten birdies and 2 penalty strokes resulting in triples.
    For him to be playing so poorly in the eyes of us "experts" here in boards.ie yet still scramble sufficiently to make 2 unlikely cuts is good going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

83 made the cut so it will be top 70 and ties again after round 3.
    You know id say most golfers would drive you crazy if you followed every shot on shot tracker like we do PH.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

his golf game is still adequate in terms making cuts and the odd high finish. I think the issue here and what everyone is saying when you hear things like "he's finished" is his mental game.

the mental game was always Harringtons strong point in his prime. last night was another example of his mental game gone down the drain. he had missed the cut, out of it at 4 over. was probably at peace with that. found a good run of birdies then all of a sudden had a chance. made a great birdie at 8 his 17th from 30 feet like the Harrington of old. then on his last, needs 2 putts from 30 feet for what he thought would've been to make the cut. he bottled it completely. can you imagine if that was to win the tournament??? It was very sad to see. he's a shell of the major champion he was right now.

major number 4 next month now after this post :P

Do you watch much golf ? and for how long are you watching golf ?

Most golfers have up and down periods in a season , a career. Tiger is a freak . But Rory, Phil, Rose, Mcdowel - all have up and down times.

This is a bad time for Padraig - but he is even making cuts :eek:
    The number of birdies means he is ready to strike when he gets problem sorted.

I think he will be close in next month or so.

Yes, I watch a massive amount of golf and have done so for the last 15 years.
    What you are saying makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    Wow, he makes a cut (most times by the skin of his teeth).

You think he is close in the next month or so !! This is laughable and outright ridiculous.
    How on earth can you say he's getting close ? Because he's getting a few birdies here and there ?

It seems most people are thinking with their heart about Padraig, rather than their head. If it were any other golfer with the same stats/performance as him, there wouldn't any talk of him getting close to good form or being in contention.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

a few birdies here and there?
    Barring the triples he was 3rd...

I'd much rather a guy like Padraig who is shooting great numbers other than a couple of cock ups rather than a game like say Duval or Campbell who just dont seem to be able to go low at all anymore.

a few birdies here and there?
    Barring the triples he was 4rd...

I'd much rather a guy like Padraig who is shooting great numbers other than a couple of cock ups rather than a game like say Duval or Campbell who just dont seem to be able to go low at all anymore.

That is exatly what I think. It is easier to get rid of nightmare holes than force 5 birdies in each round.

I'd much rather a guy like Padraig who is shooting great numbers other than a couple of cock ups .

But that's silly, of course he's shooting great number without the cock ups.
    You can say that about 101 players on tour.

End of the day though, he's scoring very poorly because of those said cock ups, which for love nor money he's not getting any better at.

How many times have we seen him have an 8 on a par 3 or par 5, how many doubles,triples ... it's mental for a pro to have that many.

• Advertisement

That is exatly what I think. It is easier to get rid of nightmare holes than force 5 birdies in each round.

My point is he's been doing this for years now ! and there is zero visibility of him getting better at reducing the big cock ups.

Yes, I watch a massive amount of golf and have done so for the last 15 years.
    What you are saying makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    Wow, he makes a cut (most times by the skin of his teeth).

You think he is close in the next month or so !! This is laughable and outright ridiculous.
    How on earth can you say he's getting close ? Because he's getting a few birdies here and there ?

It seems most people are thinking with their heart about Padraig, rather than their head. If it were any other golfer with the same stats/performance as him, there wouldn't any talk of him getting close to good form or being in contention.

Well I think you should listen to somebody with a bit more experience. I dont think you will by your tone, but with experience that may come too.

I've been watching golf to know never rule out a multi major winner in their early forties.
    Plenty will have a dip after major wins and bounce back in forties.

You are being a bit ridiculous to undermine 10 birdies.

My point will take time to prove. Ill come back and say I was wrong if I am.

Of course People have their hearts in this. He is the best Irish golfer ever so far.
    If they dont have their hearts in it they are not Irish golf fans, they maybe flick over to x-factor when Tiger is not playing.

and how can one say he's getting close !!

4 missed cuts out of 9 events this year, compared to two missed cuts in 2012 out of 18 !!!

Where's the logic in that

You are being a bit ridiculous to undermine 10 birdies.

No, I'm not undermining 10 birdies ...
    It's the mistakes he's making, which rather than improving on, he's going in the opposite direction.
    Like I said, it baffles me as to why you think he's getting close when the stats are so clear, 4 missed cuts out of 9, compared to 2 out of 18 last year. But yet you say he's getting close, how do you explain that ?

No, I'm not undermining 10 birdies ...
    It's the mistakes he's making, which rather than improving on, he's going in the opposite direction.
    Like I said, it baffles me as to why you think he's getting close when the stats are so clear, 4 missed cuts out of 9, compared to 2 out of 18 last year. But yet you say he's getting close, how do you explain that ?

You keep asking questions.

" a few birdies here and there"

Did you even know his round ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭abff

My point is he's been doing this for years now ! and there is zero visibility of him getting better at reducing the big cock ups.

Amazing how he ever won anything, so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

I think it's reading this thread that has wrecked his head :pac:

I think it's reading this thread that has wrecked his head :pac:

Lol.

If you are reading Padraig. I love you.

You keep asking questions.

" a few birdies here and there"

Did you even know his round ?

Ok, I'll try this again,
    It's a simple question, and if you could answer it with some logic, then maybe we can have a reasonable discussion.

You said he was getting close.

And my question, again, is ..

In 2012 he had two missed cuts out of 18.
    In 2013 he has had 4 missed cuts out of 9.
    How does this show he is getting close or improving ?

• Advertisement

abff wrote: »
    Amazing how he ever won anything, so.

It's not that amazing.
    He won cause he used to be a superb golfer.
    He is far from that now. Very, very, ........... VERY far

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement