Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Most recent WITB. He kept that putter grip thing very quiet!

http://www.golfwrx.com/92705/padraig-harrington-witb/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

-1 after 5 the start of the rollercoaster:D

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

kevthegaff wrote: »
    -1 after 5 the start of the rollercoaster:D

what are the odds for a 7 on the scorecard !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

my worrys is he cant put 4 rounds together, hopefully he can this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

what are the odds for a 7 on the scorecard !!

That's what i always say.
    You are waiting for the 7 to come and it nearly always does.
    I think he is having a problem focusing and keeping his mind on the game. Good psychologist needed there.

• Advertisement

Good psychologist needed there.

absolutely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Nice scorecard today thus far, no disasters.

*jinx*

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭tigerwood1

2 birdies 1 bogie pretty solid also one under for the two par fives, looks promising. would gladly scarifice my expected 40+ points win in the next boards outing for a harry win in the coming weeks ahead:D

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

not to bad today atol,hopefully he doesn't do the usuall and bomb on the second day.

come on harri.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Peaking just in time for the us open. Watch him blow the field away next week!

• Advertisement

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Peaking just in time for the us open. !

hahahaha...this made me LOL loudly ... thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Played well enough, didn't hole much and only bogey was a 3 putt.

Only 5 shots between the top 101 :D so nobody certain of playing the weekend yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Not making any dent in the leaderboard today, level par for his round and 9 shots off the lad. Needs a good back 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Aidric wrote: »
    Not making any dent in the leaderboard today, level par for his round and 9 shots off the lad. Needs a good back 9.

Another cut made. Seems to have got over his mid season slump. Seemed to be swinging the club well. Just needs to make a few putts to make it a good tournament for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭abff

Unusually steady couple of rounds for Padraig. 4 birdies, 29 pars and 3 bogeys. Sounds like he's getting into a US Open state of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

abff wrote: »
    Unusually steady couple of rounds for Padraig. 4 birdies, 29 pars and 3 bogeys. Sounds like he's getting into a US Open state of mind.

plus he is out with Sergio next week, that should focus him once fried chicken gate is dealt with..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

hes gonna win the US Open, fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

US open just might suit him his record onpar 5s has been shocking this year and that is because he gets himself in trouble going for them in 2! Afaik merion only has 1 par 5 that you can go for in two so it just might help him!

Maybe am clutching at straws here

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

2 par 5's on Merrion GC, 2nd (568yrds) & 4th (629yrds) , few will take driver off tee on either so will not be on in 2. PH -3 for the 4 par 5's he played this week so nice improvement there. All aspects of his game in good shape except his putting. 142nd in putting this week so far but still made cut with a bit to spare, if he can find something there over the next 10 days it could be interesting.

plus he is out with Sergio next week, that should focus him once fried chicken gate is dealt with..

Is that their way of punishing Sergio? Make him play with the opponent who stopped him from winning two majors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Anyone see Harrington and Phil walking off the tee chatting last night and the commentator saying

"they are two minds that should never be allowed to talk to each other"

:)

Two loopers!

Good start today, 2 under for his round after 4, in to the top 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Aidric wrote: »
    Good start today, 2 under for his round after 4, in to the top 10.

Mods - can infractions please to given to posts like the above, Paddy went onto three putt the next hole.

Seriously that three putt aside I'm liking this steady eddie Harrington this week, a top 10 finish even if its a T10 would do him the world of good.

Birdied the next, that a boy Paddy!

Christ alive he's now -5 after 11 and T3.

I would be extremely happy if he shut up shop and finshed -5 for the day!

Just another birdie, now he's -6

Right I'll stop posting his progress, just cant believe what I'm seeing (albeit via shot tracker)

Just another birdie, now he's -6

Right I'll stop posting his progress, just cant believe what I'm seeing (albeit via shot tracker)

I was about to post, but was afraid I'd jinx it.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Been off this for a while. Hope this post doesnt curse padraig but this week has shown incredibly good signs of the old paddy. As of last night he was 2nd in scrambling for the week. GIR poor. Driving accuracy decent. The old padraig had poor GIR stats and poor Driving accuracy stats. He was always close to number 1 in scrambling and scoring.

He will probably be 1st now as his only bogey so far today is another frustrating 3 putt. The silly 3 putts have held him back recently aswel.

CMON PADDY

Watching on shot tracker is WAY more nerveracking than watching on the TV.

He hit his approach shot on the par 3 15th 66 feet left of the pin. I was sure this was going to be his 2nd 3 putt of the day, but he hit his approach putt to 2 feet and saved par.

TV coverage about to start, I wonder will they show his last three holes?

• Advertisement

Mickelson also playing tasty stuff. Harro & Phil out together on the final day would be a nice two ball.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement