Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Goodnight. Easiest par 4 on the course. Made a total mess of it. Only an iron off the tee. What a total FOOL!!!!!!! UGH

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭abff

And disaster strikes on the 15th. Double bogey 6 and could have been worse if he hadn't sunk a six footer.

Seems to have be reclassified as a 5. Hopefully that's correct and he'll get the other shot back over the next two holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Ah the traditional balls up. Par 5 up next to try and make the shot back. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Got the shot back on the 16th.
    Come on paddy!

• Advertisement

3rd lobbed into the bunker for paddy. Poor shot and another drop unless he holes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Goodnight. Easiest par 4 on the course. Made a total mess of it. Only an iron off the tee. What a total FOOL!!!!!!! UGH

I know, what an idiot. No other player in the field has made any bogeys either. Grr

fullstop wrote: »
    I know, what an idiot. No other player in the field has made any bogeys either. Grr

Well now he has 2. Did well on the putt though, was very missable.

Bit much calling him a fool IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Well now he has 2. Did well on the putt though, was very missable.

And? The way people go on in here you'd think nobody else makes a bogey and he just does it for the craic.

• Advertisement

fullstop wrote: »
    And? The way people go on in here you'd think nobody else makes a bogey and he just does it for the craic.

Easy there. I didn't read your post as sarcasm and if you look through my posts I've never had a pop at him.
    I'm an optimist.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Birdie on 18 for a 65 today. Great round. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Good effort today, 8 birdies and 3 bogeys of which 2 were good putts to get them. Wont be many rounds better than that today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Birdie on 18 for a 65 today. Great round. Well done.

That's so much better than we've from him lately. Really looking forward to watching him tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Great round by Harrington although I feel scoring will be a lot better today than Thurs & Fri therefore by the end of the day he might be outside the top 10

Great round today. Good to see him bounce back straight away after each of his three bogeys and good putts on each of the last four greens. Picked up 3.5 shots overall on his putting today.

By the way, I get as frustrated as the next guy (and probably more than most) when he has a bad hole, but calling Padraig a FOOL is totally out of order in my opinion.

Great round by Harrington although I feel scoring will be a lot better today than Thurs & Fri therefore by the end of the day he might be outside the top 10
    He'll be in the top 10 come the end of play. A couple of no marks in there who I expect to fade over today/tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Aidric wrote: »
    A couple of no marks in there who I expect to fade over today/tomorrow.

Precisely what they're saying about paddy :pac:

Very packed leaderboard, tied 8th currently at -6 but 34 players at -4 or better means its a must to shoot 2 or 3 under tomorrow to hold top 10.

Id like to more optimistic about his chances but the back to back good rounds have been elusive lately. Lets hope for another good putting day.

Who the hell is Eric Meierdierks? Genuinely never heard of him. He'll be out with Harrington tomorrow and I fully expect him to fold, don't think this will be good for Harrington's head.

• Advertisement

Who the hell is Eric Meierdierks? Genuinely never heard of him. He'll be out with Harrington tomorrow and I fully expect him to fold, don't think this will be good for Harrington's head.

He came through Q school, didn't play college golf and never even made it to web.com tour. Should be interesting tomorrow, his best finish is t50 and biggest cheque $14,125. Hole in 1 today as well :)

How impressive was Shawn Stefani? 4 birdies early, then a quad bogey followed by 4 more birdies coming home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Yeah the last group out was very impressive. I think we all expected one if not both to crack under the pressure. Tomorrow will obviously be an even bigger test but you'd have to think one of them will win it now. 69 or below will cap a very encouraging week for Harrington. Is he still using the belly putter? Haven't seen him hit a shot yet this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

If only he was as good as you.

Fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Well I initially thought he made at least double at the easiest par 4 on the course after an iron off the tee. shot tracker had him down for a 6 footer for double bogey. I ws cursing my brains out at home. At this point he was right in contention to win so my frustration granted the "fool" comment. if he took 7 at that hole and knocked himself out yet again everyone would've been saying the same thing.

anyway great finish on the last to birdie it after a good bogey on 17.

genuinely not out of this yet if he can putt that well today!

When I saw the finalised leaderboard I thought they might push Harrington and Mickelson together but the big crowds and pressure of playing with a big name on the final day mightn't have done any good. Remember him in the Waste Management and the last day he finished -1 while everyone else was -4 & -6 (with a -8, -9 & -10 also in there!). Hopefully today Meierdierks wont have too much of a bearing on his game.

Still, it will be great to sit down on a Sunday night and watch with hope that Harrington could be in contention for a third place finish, I feel 1st & 2nd are out of reach coming from -6 unless the leaders have a melt down which wouldn't be nice to see however I'd take anything for Harrington's gain given I've supported the man all his career.

Nice to see the tricolour near the top of the leaderboard. With all due respects the Norn Iron flag doesn't have the same affect.

If Harrington putts today like he did yesterday he will win this. No question.

I'll settle for a top 3 then win the is open next week instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

No question :eek:
    Seriously ?

Wish i shared your optimism!

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

anyone know what time he is teeing off at today.

• Advertisement

anyone know what time he is teeing off at today.

6:13 p.m. our time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement