Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

abff wrote: »
    6:13 p.m. our time.

perfect,coverage starts on sky sports at 6 so will get to see his full 18...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Very bad start, all over the shop apart from the 1st hole. Lucky to be just +1 for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Plus 2 now and back to -4. Paddy going south again it seems. Hope he can recover and make top 10.

Not sure where to post this these days as the regular tournament threads are long gone but Gary Murphy has been poor on Sky Sports this week. Very little life in him.

Not sure where to post this these days as the regular tournament threads are long gone but Gary Murphy has been poor on Sky Sports this week. Very little life in him.

The coverage is very poor too. On nearly 2 hours and hardly any coverage at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Thought Gary was fine for a newbie. No worse than most of the regulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭abff

His playing partner is also 2 over. Possibly dragging each other down a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭big_drive

I thought the same. Seemed very quiet and almost sounded bored. Needed to be more enthusiastic!

Another bogey at the 12th after having his first birdie of the day at the 11th. Will be doing very well to finish top 10 at this stage.

Just sank a 46 footer for birdie on the 17th to go to 5 under (1 over for the round). They actually showed the putt on Sky!

• Advertisement

Finished with a 71 and currently in a 9 way tie for 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

The also showed his 2 footer for par on 18. Decent tournament for Paddy, good confidence booster ahead of the US Open. Looks like it'll be a top 10. Didn't look too pleased with his round though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Guaranteed top ten finish now. Good man Padraig

A few weeks ago half of us thought he'd totally lost the plot and the other half thought he was a washed up has been.

Things looking good all of a sudden now. Nice to see the tricolour in the top 10 on the US tour.

A good improvement but a lot of work still to do. Still not fully focused for the entire round. Needs to get his head right but didn't have a 7 this time.

The 'focus' thing is interesting. Read a good piece today in the Indo with the following quote
    "I now realise I went wrong in attempting to re-create the same focus I would have had at Carnoustie, say. Where other people seek perfection in their golf game, I continued to seek it in my mental game, trying to re-create how I felt mentally when I won my Majors. In the process, I was setting myself too high a target, which has led to serious frustration. So I've changed. In the quest of mental perfection, I've decided to consign that to the past and let new feelings happen. That's my approach from now on."

Could be that he has been focusing too hard at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Thought Gary was fine for a newbie. No worse than most of the regulars.

Glad someone posted this....I was wondering what people thought. I thought most of what he said was just spot on, and from that point of view, he was really good. He just never smiled and he seemed very wooden in comparison to Simon Holmes (who can seem wooden anyway), and last night, Denis Pugh. If he would just brighten up, he would be excellent. But don't get me wrong....I don't want him to be like Monty, who clearly considers himself very chipper, but he drives me mad.

Disappointing from Harrington last night, but a top 10 neverthelsess. As Simon Holmes said, in his day, Harrington had a great short game, which won him tournamets, but then he decided to mess with his long game, and messed up the short game in the process. But good he had a good week going into the US Open.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

vienne86 wrote: »
    Glad someone posted this....I was wondering what people thought. I thought most of what he said was just spot on, and from that point of view, he was really good. He just never smiled and he seemed very wooden in comparison to Simon Holmes (who can seem wooden anyway), and last night, Denis Pugh. If he would just brighten up, he would be excellent. But don't get me wrong....I don't want him to be like Monty, who clearly considers himself very chipper, but he drives me mad.

Disappointing from Harrington last night, but a top 10 neverthelsess. As Simon Holmes said, in his day, Harrington had a great short game, which won him tournamets, but then he decided to mess with his long game, and messed up the short game in the process. But good he had a good week going into the US Open.

I didn't watch as much of the coverage as usual, but still got a bit in. From what I saw, and I don't like to say it, Gary may have been spot on but he was very very poor.

May have been nerves etc, and I hope he settles into it a bit better, but I found it a bit painful.
    Painful because I was just sitting there willing him to come out of his shell. You can't just give a brief answer to a question, you need to elaborate and expand.
    He'll kick on from it I hope.

Fair play to Paddy, interesting that he says his expectations were too high, I think a lot of people's exceptions of him are also too high.

I'd happily take 6 or 7 Top 10's each year with one or two real challenges for the top spot, with a win every other year.
    He could do better than that, but I don't expect it at all.
    Everything is a bonus from here on in with regards Paddy... For me anyway.

+ 4 at the moment. That's 6 shots behind already and the tournament has barely started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Through the difficult finishing holes in +3. Hopefully he can pick up shots at the upcoming par 5's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Would have been interesting to see Billy Foster join Harrington on the bag - someone who could give a dose of reality when Harrington getting too lost in the mazes of Padraigland.

It'll be a short week for Harro, gutted he started like this. Came home early from work in the hope he was going to have a good round, still very early but it's never the same when an Irish man isnt in contention.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

It has not yet turned into the birdie fest that some predicted. The leader may well be only -3 or -4 on Sunday. No need to panic yet. Best of luck to paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭big_drive

Back to +3 if he could get one more back before the end of his round it would be a good result.

big_drive wrote: »
    Back to +3 if he could get one more back before the end of his round it would be a good result.

Yes. He needs birdies because the field will not come back to him especially with Mickleson leading. The course suits Mickleson's game very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Yes. He needs birdies because the field will not come back to him especially with Mickleson leading. The course suits Mickleson's game very well.

Don't agree +3 is a fine score if he gets home.

Don't agree +3 is a fine score if he gets home.

What part do you not agree with? Do you think he doesn't need birdies and the field will come back to him?
    Or do you think +3 will win?

What part do you not agree with? Do you think he doesn't need birdies and the field will come back to him?
    Or do you think +3 will win?

Well the top 6 as of now will all come back to Padraig.
    All Padraig needs is two more rounds around par , one low one he will be in the mix.

As I say that , he is now +4 :):confused: , he was looking good at +3, +2.

Well the top 6 as of now will all come back to Padraig.
    All Padraig needs is two more rounds around par , one low one he will be in the mix.

As I say that , he is now +4 :):confused: , he was looking good at +3, +2.

Don't agree.
    I would imagine the winner will be at least 6 under.
    Can';t see Padraig getting there at all. Too inconsistent.

• Advertisement

Don't agree.
    I would imagine the winner will be at least 6 under.
    Can';t see Padraig getting there at all. Too inconsistent.

We will see, but there is no chance anybody will be under every day here imo.
    Phill will have an over par round .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement