Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We will see, but there is no chance anybody will be under every day here imo.
    Phill will have an over par round .

Maybe so but he's better equipped to deal with it than Padraig at the moment.
    Padraig is more likely to have an over par round than Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Maybe so but he's better equipped to deal with it than Padraig at the moment.
    Padraig is more likely to have an over par round than Phil.

Ill stick my neck out and say Padraig will be ahead of phill at end.

Good finish, in the mix imo.

Ill stick my neck out and say Padraig will be ahead of phill at end.

Good finish, in the mix imo.

I'll bet you a pint he won't :)

I'll bet you a pint he won't :)

But , i shoul be getting 3 pints to your 1 for that call. At least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

Don't agree.
    I would imagine the winner will be at least 6 under.
    Can';t see Padraig getting there at all. Too inconsistent.

You could be right but it seems very unlikely. Of the 78 players in the first half of the field, it looks as though only two will break par. I would expect the course to get more difficult over the weekend so Par is a far more likely winning score.

If anyone does finish -6 then I think they will have a very comfortable win. The cut will probably be either +5 or +6.

• Advertisement

Martin567 wrote: »
    You could be right but it seems very unlikely. Of the 78 players in the first half of the field, it looks as though only two will break par. I would expect the course to get more difficult over the weekend so Par is a far more likely winning score.

If anyone does finish -6 then I think they will have a very comfortable win. The cut will probably be either +5 or +6.

A lot of the trouble was caused by the break in play due to the weather in my opinion. Poulter was -3 after 3 holes when the weather broke. It's hard to get back into focus on a resumption.

A lot of the trouble was caused by the break in play due to the weather in my opinion. Poulter was -3 after 3 holes when the weather broke. It's hard to get back into focus on a resumption.

The rough looks like a nightmare. Tiger in rough , bogey. That is the way it is going to be for all,
    Narrow fairways, deep rough. The US Open.

The rough looks like a nightmare. Tiger in rough , bogey. That is the way it is going to be for all,
    Narrow fairways, deep rough. The US Open.

Agree but i'm sticking with -6 or better.
    As the Tayto ad says "there's always one" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Poulters just not good enough, break didn't do Phil any harm.

Steady start from Harrington, nothing special but could have got himself out of the weekend when he went 4 over after 8.

Could go either way tomorrow of course.

Started with +4 last year.

Would write nobody off in a U.S open after 1 round unless they shot something ridiculously high.

Despite the soft conditions USGA will still have par in their minds for a winning score.

Ok , I'm calling this early- Padraig is going to win this :P

Nobody in this field has balls to take it.

• Advertisement

Ok , I'm calling this early- Padraig is going to win this :P

Nobody in this field has balls to take it.

Him or Kevin Phelan :D

Him or Kevin Phelan :D

To be honest, still thinking , Who the ,.,,. is Kevin. Well done young man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Lads lets not get ahead of ourselves, if the weather stays away the course will only get tougher, there are a lot of ppl under par at the moment but would expect by the end of round 2 that no more than 10 ppl will be under par. Hopefully Harro can get back to level/+1 today and push on over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

Not much under par will win this & Padraig is best equipped to grind than most. At +4 thru 8 holes many would have wilted, stellar effort coming in. Needs to hit more fairways tonight & with a bit of luck will be only 4 or 5 behind the leaders come the weekend. All to play for then.

Thats the theory anyhow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Padraig is really in the mix. Only seven behind after day one. Proving everyone wrong.

Obviously I really hope Padraig does well from here but the level of optimism after a 3 over start here is pretty funny/staggering. What kind of score would it take for people to be pessimistic?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Agree but i'm sticking with -6 or better.
    As the Tayto ad says "there's always one" :D

I'll bet you a pint it will be -5 or worse!:)

Unless it keeps raining for the next 3 days, the scores are going to go through the f*cking roof!! The weather has saved the USGA the embarrassment of having virtually unplayable greens (again) at the US Open. If there had been a dry week before the tournament you would definitely be looking (imo) at a winning score of +5 or more based on undulating greens at a stimp of 11-13 with no apron and 2-3 inch rough at the edge of the greens. I still reckon that level par will be a winning score come Sunday evening - to the delight of the USGA.

As it is, we are set for a great weekend. What a test for a golfer: 100 to 250 yard par 3s; 300 to 520 yard par 4s; absolutely zero run on the fairways so long irons/woods in to the par 4s; penal rough etc. Imagine a 10-handicapper playing that course - wouldn't break 100!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newport2

ssbob wrote: »
    Lads lets not get ahead of ourselves, if the weather stays away the course will only get tougher, there are a lot of ppl under par at the moment but would expect by the end of round 2 that no more than 10 ppl will be under par. Hopefully Harro can get back to level/+1 today and push on over the weekend.

I remember noticing yesterday that he had hit 5 greens through 15 holes. He needs to improve that drastically to have any hope. If that stat was true (the iphone app was behaving a bit funny with the scores, corrected through an upgrade this morning), his short game has been great to only be +3. Think he needs par or better today to have a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Looks like harro will be top 30 before he even strikes a ball today.

What I would give for a level par round, I know it's asking for a lot but one can dream. Just about to get home to watch ALL of tonight's coverage, please Paddy give me something to cheer about!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Is there any app for this, similar to the brilliant one they had for the masters? The PGA leaderboard is like it's being maintained by a drunk with a grudge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Aidric wrote: »
    Is there any app for this, similar to the brilliant one they had for the masters? The PGA leaderboard is like it's being maintained by a drunk with a grudge.

I was going to say that leaderboard is junk. As this is a major it must be another bodys responsibility to set up an app and shot tracker but there doesnt seem to be one.

Than again maybe thats why the Masters is that bit special, they get everything sorted down to a T.

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »

Theres an official app, nothing special though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭abff

Padraig getting some decent coverage today. Good par save at the 3rd, short birdie putt coming up at the 4th. (Hope I haven't jinxed it).

This is great, well done Padraig.

They are showing him and with that they will have to show more.

Looks like I might have jinxed it. They didn't show the putt, but the PGA site is showing him as having scored a five. It looked like it was no more than 4 feet!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cadobady

More likely two foot ???

cadobady wrote: »
    More likely two foot ???

Probably somewhere between the two. Looked like he'd stiffed it though. Hard to believe he missed it.

Great birdie for Padraig at the 7th. Back to 2 over and tied for 14th.

Both top 10,

All my years, hard to think of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Great quote there to sum up paddy, the man who changed to a belly putter as soon as they banned it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

another bird at the 8th

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement