Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lads , I know his putting is ropey but do we over-react for him.

Ive seen everybody miss short.
    Phil
    Luke
    Rory
    Tiger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Lads , I know his putting is ropey but do we over-react for him.

Ive seen everybody miss short.
    Phil
    Luke
    Rory
    Tiger

I dont think posting about him missing a short putt and making a longer one is over reacting, its just someone posting about his round. With this season in mind Harringtons putting is all over the place, one day great/ the next terrible and he misses way more short putts than the players named above so you cant really compare them.

I dont think posting about him missing a short putt and making a longer one is over reacting, its just someone posting about his round. With this season in mind Harringtons putting is all over the place, one day great/ the next terrible and he misses way more short putts than the players named above so you cant really compare them.

honestly, don't think I've seen Phil or Luke miss as many putts as they have at this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

This year PH is number 10 in relation to putts per round. Last year he was 100. A big improvement all round.

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/stats/stats_leaders/EURO/2013/puttperRound

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    This year PH is number 10 in relation to putts per round. Last year he was 100. A big improvement all round.

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/stats/stats_leaders/EURO/2013/puttperRound

well there you go.

see the one phil missed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Padraig is his own worst enemy, and in my opinion, I believe he needs another, stronger more forceful caddy.

Padraig is his own worst enemy, and in my opinion, I believe he needs another, stronger more forceful caddy.

yes maybe just for a new voice, but he is his own man in a way.

amazing to hear how good some of the other caddies are, how strong at the right times, Williams , Bones.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭castle

where is us open online for free

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Horrible bogey at 9, 3 putted from less than 10 yards.... Awful

sadly, could be gone for paddy, unless under home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Yeah, he'd probably have to card under par today and tomorrow to be anywhere near, and that's just not likely on this course. The field won't come back as far as him.

Yeah, he'd probably have to card under par today and tomorrow to be anywhere near, and that's just not likely on this course. The field won't come back as far as him.

yes, funny thing is they are all coming back in what looks like ok conditions.
    wind maybe ?

but one or two will go under on back nine and will be lead at level to 2 under.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

And that's that unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

I think Billy Foster could've been a very interesting match-up for Padraig. Unfortunately when u mix family & work a caddie change decision like that becomes much bigger than would otherwise be - bad blood and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭abff

And disaster strikes at the 14th. Out of bounds, next drive in the rough, chip out, long putt coming up for double bogey. End of this year's challenge, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

+11 is a respectable score given how hard Merrion has been playing. Should be good enough for a Top 25 finish. Nothing spectacular but continues his recent steady play.

PRAF wrote: »
    Should be good enough for a Top 25 finish.

Currently T23 with nobody behind him out on the course, so that's the worst he can finish.

I'd love to see his putting stats for the week. From what I saw on Sky, he sank a lot of putts around the 8 to 10 feet mark and missed a lot of 4 to 5 footers.

I suppose I should be happy with how he got on, top 25 finish, but I just get that feeling of what might have been without that triple yesterday. Anyway does anyone know when he's back out on tour?

Irish Open is on the week after next. I expect he'll take next week off as he doesn't like playing 4 weeks in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AloKildare

Decent T21 finish.
    Short putts the problem at the moment but his overall game seems to be on the up.

He is playing in the Travelers Championship this week.
    Another steady performance would be nice with the Irish Open coming up next.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

65 in the world rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

AloKildare wrote: »
    Decent T21 finish.
    Short putts the problem at the moment but his overall game seems to be on the up.

He is playing in the Travelers Championship this week.
    Another steady performance would be nice with the Irish Open coming up next.

Wow, just checked pgatour.com following your post and noted that he is currently 152nd on tour for putts in the 3-5 ft range. He makes 82% of them. Luke Donald is 3rd with almost 94%. If Harro had the same stats as Luke in this category, he'd have saved himself 10 shots over the course of the season. That's about a shot a tournament on average.

Some other pretty poor stats (around 170th on tour or worse) are:
    - Scrambling from >30 yards
    - Approaches to the green from > 200 yards

It's pretty clear where the improvement areas are. He needs to continue his recent improvements in his short game. In particular, he needs to work on his pitching and his short putts. He also needs serious work on his long irons / fairway woods.

Even if he gets towards the pgatour average in those areas, you are talking $000s of extra cash and probably a win or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭coddlesangers

I can't believe how his pitching has deteriorated. It used to be 100% of his game. Its quite depressing in golf how you need to keep working, all the time, on everything. Why do people play this stupid game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

He was up and walking on those 3-4 foot putts almost before he hit the ball. Very noticeably up and out of the strike all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Very early start in the Travellers Championship and early leader.

-2 thru 2

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭tigerwood1

yeah great start t1 i think he do a top ten this week fingers crossed.

Going good at -2 but I see he had a penalty stroke on the 13th which is a par 5.

Hope he's not having his issues with par 5s again...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

- 1 after 13.

Just bogeyed the par 5, looks like he went out OB off the tee.

Thankfully only 2 on the course, he had par on the earlier one.

Happy he only had a bogey, could well have been a double.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Happy he only had a bogey, could well have been a double.

He birdied the second ball after getting on the green in two, good damge limitation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement