Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

51 feet 5 inches :D Almost makes up for the OB :)

Followed by a 20 footer on 16th, now -3.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Flying it -4 now.

Flying it -4 now.

Tap in birdie that time (12 foot 7 inches ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Putting very well today it seems however he nearly 3 putted a few times according to shot tracker, had to make a couple of good 8 footers after racing the first putts by. Must have been stressful.

Beauty of a drive up the last. Cmon Paddy good approach to finish now.

Tap in birdie that time (12 foot 7 inches ;))

Maybe Padraig has found the answer, leave it over 12 ft , if you can't get them in, inside that. :)

• Advertisement

Putting very well today it seems however he nearly 3 putted a few times according to shot tracker, had to make a couple of good 8 footers after racing the first putts by. Must have been stressful.

Beauty of a drive up the last. Cmon Paddy good approach to finish now.

Love how easy the courses look on Shot tracker :D

Love how easy the courses look on Shot tracker :D

Yeah! Not a tree in sight! haha

Went for the pin on the last, just missed the green. Only 20 feet away though so still a chance of a chip in/off the green hole-out.

Yeah! Not a tree in sight! haha

Went for the pin on the last, just missed the green. Only 20 feet away though so still a chance of a chip in/off the green hole-out.

Oh no 3 and a half footer for par :o ...................................TBC

And holed....66.

Good solid round Paddy with no 3 putts!

Only 1 bad drive cost him, otherwise it wouldve been 6 under. No other poor shots of note in that round.

Promising signs. Nice much needed lie in tomorrow and another round like that would give him a good chance this week!

Driving Distance 282.5

Driving Accuracy 64.29%

GIR 72.22%

Strokes Gained - Putting 3.486 :)

Putting Average 1.538

Average Distance to Pin 35' 6"

Sand Save Percentage 100.00%

Not a bad day, let's see if he can follow up the good play tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Had a major row with friends over Harro being (Republic of) Irelands Greatest ever Sportsman! A win this week would be perfect timing to fuel my argument even further!!! :):):)

Had a major row with friends over Harro being (Republic of) Irelands Greatest ever Sportsman! A win this week would be perfect timing to fuel my argument even further!!! :):):)

Don't even go there with me - blood boil when people slag him off. :o

But You have
    Got
    Sonia
    BOD
    Roy Keane
    Giles
    Brady
    A few Olympic Boxers.

We don't have too much to shout about in sport.

Don't even go there with me - blood boil when people slag him off. :o

But You have
    Got
    Sonia
    BOD
    Roy Keane
    Giles
    Brady
    A few Olympic Boxers.

We don't have too much to shout about in sport.

I know! There is a few challengers for that title of course but when people discount him from the running I go crazy!

3 major titles, 2008 player of the year, in a sport played by so much around the world he was the best player that year. In footballing terms it would be like Robbie Keane winning the Ballon D'or etc.

In terms of Olympians the majors are like 3 gold medals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

51 feet 5 inches :D Almost makes up for the OB :)

I would say it does to a certain extent, all three of those birdie putts were hugely encouraging for Padraig.

Really looking forward to tomorrow, hopefully with the later tee time of 12:40 he will be picked up by sky.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

In terms of Olympians the majors are like 3 gold medals.

Except there are 16 majors for every olympic gold :rolleyes:

Not necessarily. Thats only if your competing in one event. Michael Phelps won 8 gold medals in one Olympics.

In your logic thats 128 majors! haha

Yes the multiple gold medal winners in Olympics for only minor changes in the sport - 100 M - 4 * 100. 200 M freestyle.

Anyway - getting into pedantics there , there is no doubt of his place in Irish sport history. And he could have won more. And may pick one more up.

When , you hear lads slag Padraig, just remind them they may never see it again in their life what he achieved.

Anyway - he may pick up an Olympic Gold too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

When , you hear lads slag Padraig, just remind them they may never see it again in their life what he achieved.

Anyway - he may pick up an Olympic Gold too :P

Rory and GMC may well beat 3

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Yeah they might, and if they do they will be congratulated for doing so. Padraig has led the way though which he will forever be remembered.

In terms of this argument, they're British :D

Best Republic sportsman ever.

I dont have the same excitement watching Gmac and Rory because of this anyway!

• Advertisement

Including N.I Padraig still has a few more wins to go before he can challenge Georgie Best!

Including N.I Padraig still has a few more wins to go before he can challenge Georgie Best!

Or Tony McCoy but its all for a different thread.

Well played today Padraig, hopefully some tv coverage tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭abff

In terms of raw talent, Georgie was probably the most naturally gifted sportsman this island ever produced. But he threw (p*ssed) away a lot of what he could have achieved and I think Padraig's achievements (to date - more to come) far surpass Georgie's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Thats only if your competing in one event.

Exactly, golf is one event so you've just proven my point :D

Anyway of course Paddy has a claim on being top Irish sportsman, but I would suggest Brady, the only Irishman to succeed in Serie A (where all the best played at the time) and in a sport with far more competitors than any other.

Strange we ended here, but Georgie had a very poor career.

1 European cup
    2 First Divs

Great player - but.

Sorry, we are on apples and Oranges here, but no doubt about Padraig.
    Id put BOD, Sonia and Roy ahead , I think.

I don't think the Irish know how good Sonia was. Anyway.

What have I started?!!! :O :L

Back to the Travellers and Padraig, hes sure to have tv time tomorrow however the thursday/friday coverage of the pga tour is dreadful. They pick maybe 2 selected groups at the start and one or 2 leaders. Even if the selected groups are all 5 over!!!!!
    Its awful

I might just have a few beers and watch shot tracker! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I actually asked Shane Lowry that exact question and he replied Harrington, BOD and shefflin in no particular order

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭abff

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I actually asked Shane Lowry that exact question and he replied Harrington, BOD and shefflin in no particular order

Hard to argue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Lads, we've been here before:

The-false-dawn.jpg

Harrington has put together some super rounds this season but couldn't sustain it over 4 days. I hope this is the exception but let's not get carried away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Just to back up Aidric's point, wasn't it the Travellers last year where he holed the proverbial mile of putts in the first round to shoot 61 or something and ended up well down the field.

Good start all the same

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement