Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

SSK wrote: »
    Just to back up Aidric's point, wasn't it the Travellers last year where he holed the proverbial mile of putts in the first round to shoot 61 or something and ended up well down the field.

Good start all the same

That 61 was in the Transitions Championship in Spring 2012. I was looking at his record in this tournament last year and he finished in a tie for 11th, 4 off the winning score.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Transitions, Travellers...almost right!

Point stays the same though, we know he can shoot low rounds during a tournament but consistency for 4 days is the issue. Given his decent course form hopefully he can put it together for the full weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭tigerwood1

SSK wrote: »
    Transitions, Travellers...almost right!

Point stays the same though, we know he can shoot low rounds during a tournament but consistency for 4 days is the issue. Given his decent course form hopefully he can put it together for the full weekend.

reckon his new putter will make the difference (just look at ernie).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

anyone know what time he goes out today??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

dball wrote: »
    anyone know what time he goes out today??

12.40pm US time so thats 5.40 or 6.40 here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

ssbob wrote: »
    12.40pm US time so thats 5.40 or 6.40 here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Hope he plays well and contends in this tournament. He is not usually the type of player who can string four rounds in the mid to low 60s though. I'd be happy with another solid performance and a Top 25 finish, maybe a top 10. I definitely don't want him using up all his birdies before the Irish Open. Looking forward to seeing him take on the Monty course next week.

Anyone else gonig out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Great par on the first after driving it way out of postition and a chance from 7 feet missed at the second. Nice and solid round today Paddy cmon!

Birdie at 3, 11 footer. Great drive up the par 5, no nightmares after yesterdays drive! another good shot could set up a birdie here.....

Birdie at his 4th, the 13th.

• Advertisement

another birdie at 15. 7 under now!

go paddy - he's on fire

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

20 foot 10 inch birdie

Another birdie at 16!!! His 7th. 8 under now. Super start!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

2 tough holes coming up.

Nice safe sensible tee shot on the 17th, probably took iron. Nice to see for once. Done the same yesterday actually and made birdie!

Sky coverage is gonna start soon. Surely they have to follow him?

Safely onto the 17th green 48 feet away

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭minstrel_boy

he is on the opposite side of the draw to the 2/3 marquee groups and will be playing holes 1 to 9 during sky coverage.. probably wont get much coverage unless he can keep himself high up that leaderboard...fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Jeez he is ranked no 1 for both putting stats so far!And the driver is relatively behaving itself!Long may it last

• Advertisement

Predictable sloppy 3 putt!!

Oh good lord..I swear to god I am actually the problem with Harrington's game..This is certainly not the first time I've jinxed him by talking up his chances or just merely following his progress!

Tssk wrote: »
    Oh good lord..I swear to god I am actually the problem with Harrington's game..

HAHA,

Your not.......that my friend...is me

I cant remember the last time he went through a tournament without a 3 putt!!!

Still, its a great start today. If he can play solid all the way home now or at least relatively solid il be happy.

EHHHH? He just DEMOLISHED a drive up the 18th!!! Longest of the tournament. 350 yards!

Paddy angry,Paddy SMASH! While that is massive for his standards he has added yards to his drives in the last few years or so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭big_drive

Going well,be great to finally put 4 good rounds together. Would be nice to sit down Sunday night to watch this with padraig in with a shout of winning it

swing has deserted him a bit on the last few holes. Needs to hang in there with his short game until he finds the swing again

OR..... hole a long putt for birdie!!!!!!! haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Gwan paddy ya mad yoke!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement