Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

ForeRight wrote: »
    He said he holed long putts and missed short ones. He says he can't continue to do that as holing long putts is a big lucky. He was mis reading short straight putts.

He was 100% honest and wasnt bull ****ting so why would he be super confident.

If he came across all arrogant and confident yous would be slating him over that no doubt.

Calling him a Juanker because he doesn't show confidence after 2 good rounds is a juankery thing to do.

I'm not saying he should come across all arrogant and confident.
    I'm saying he should have more confidence in himself after two great rounds than what his attitude and mannerism portrayed.
    I never called him a juanker fwiw.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

Agree, but he is such an edjet at present who knows what Padraig to believe. No more money of mine, hope he wins again, but can't see it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

last on the course now, unbelievable...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Agree, but he is such an edjet at present who knows what Padraig to believe. No more money of mine, hope he wins again, but can't see it.

Hahaha I hope you lost a fortune on him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

complete train wreck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Angel Cabrera shoots a 7 under 63.

Harrington currently +9 through 13.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Jesus this is really concering, whatever progress was made on Thursday/Friday today has been an utter disaster and will seriously harm his confidence.

he really is a disaster on par 5's
    another 7 !!!

Jesus this is really concering, whatever progress was made on Thursday/Friday today has been an utter disaster and will seriously harm his confidence.
    eh, he doesn't have any confidence !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

He won't make the cut next week playing like this.

Sad to see ( we don't want to see it really).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

And another one. Agony, sheer agony. Miss greens, chip to 5-10 feet, miss putt. Three holes to go and he must want to just walk in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭abff

This is very sad to see, but (as Padraig famously said when he was disqualified at the Belfry for not signing his card) it's not as if somebody died.

I think this will be an enormous blow to his confidence, but I expect to him to regroup (maybe not straight away, but who knows?) and move on from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,886 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

He needs to take about 6 months off and go and get his head sorted.
    I'm sure there's some monastery he could book into for reflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

soundsham wrote: »
    He should be asked to blow into a bag

Edit : Make that a full medical,ignoring his brain obvioislu

Before anyone criticises his caddy , I'd hate to be in those shoes
    Horrendous stuff

should be an interesting post round interview !!

"Eeeehh...felt like I hit the ball well" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Martin567

Lee Westwood shot a 78 today so, for some reason, some players are really struggling.

The course seems to be playing more difficult than other years but it's no Merrion so it's hard to understand why Padraig is struggling so much when he played quite well last week on a much tougher course. He really has struggled since the back nine in R2 but his short game kept him in it until today. If you're scrambling for par on virtually every hole with no birdie opportunities, eventually a round like today is inevitable.

I made the point yesterday and I still wonder why he seems to be hitting the ball such short distances the last few days. Take hole 14 today (where he actually made par!). It's only 421yds but he hit his tee shot in the rough and left over 200yds to the hole. If he's struggling to hit it straight with any club, surely he might as well use a driver. At least his recovery would be from a shorter distance!

Wonder where this will bring him in the rankings. Think he'll be out of the top 100 sooner than I thought !

Martin567 wrote: »
    Lee Westwood shot a 78 today so, for some reason, some players are really struggling.

The course seems to be playing more difficult than other years but it's no Merrion so it's hard to understand why Padraig is struggling so much when he played quite well last week on a much tougher course. He really has struggled since the back nine in R2 but his short game kept him in it until today. If you're scrambling for par on virtually every hole with no birdie opportunities, eventually a round like today is inevitable.

I made the point yesterday and I still wonder why he seems to be hitting the ball such short distances the last few days. Take hole 14 today (where he actually made par!). It's only 421yds but he hit his tee shot in the rough and left over 200yds to the hole. If he's struggling to hit it straight with any club, surely he might as well use a driver. At least his recovery would be from a shorter distance!

It's hard to know what he's doing when there is no coverage of him !!!!
    You can't really go by shot tracker

It's hard to know what he's doing when there is no coverage of him !!!!
    You can't really go by shot tracker

Surely you have to assume it's some way accurate. For the last two days, it's continually shown him having 190yds or more for his 2nd shot on average length par 4s. And more often than not, from the rough!

Surely you have to assume it's some way accurate. For the last two days, it's continually shown him having 190yds or more for his 2nd shot on average length par 4s. And more often than not, from the rough!

It also showed him as hitting his drive 372 yards at the 18th while Tag Ridings hit his 171 yards! Makes you wonder.

But it was a disastrous round whatever way you look at it. :eek:

It will be interesting to see what he says on his website.

• Advertisement

I think the story of Padraig's week can be summed up in the following stats from the pgatour website.

___________________ Rd1__ Rd2__ Rd3__ Rd4
    Strokes Gained Putting 3.598 1.857 0.450 -5.023

In today's round, when his putting fell apart, everything else went too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Hard times for him. Probably be better off taking next week off, obviously won't want to though.

Sorry to change the subject, but does anyone know why a yellow triangle is appearing over my last post?

it's just a post icon, you probably just checked it accidently before hitting submit reply.

see, like that :-)

abff wrote: »
    I think the story of Padraig's week can be summed up in the following stats from the pgatour website.

___________________ Rd1__ Rd2__ Rd3__ Rd4
    Strokes Gained Putting 3.598 1.857 0.450 -5.023

In today's round, when his putting fell apart, everything else went too. :(

While his putting was obviously worse today and that is the difference in his scoring, his short game and putting were not the problem the last two days.

He hit very few greens in regulation and had hardly any genuine birdie chances. Scrambling for par on every hole was bound to wear him down eventually.

While his putting was obviously worse today and that is the difference in his scoring, his short game and putting were not the problem the last two days.

He hit very few greens in regulation and had hardly any genuine birdie chances. Scrambling for par on every hole was bound to wear him down eventually.

That's kind of a chicken and egg situation. He missed some short putts to save par early on and this may well have affected his iron play on subsequent holes. Bottom line is that pretty much every aspect of his game fell apart and the fact that he was so well placed after round 2 increases the level of disappointment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just sad

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Never got a chance to post anything last night.

Incredible fall from grace. Granted he wasn't playing that well despite being in contention but to go from 2nd to 72nd in two days is a terrible effort. Despite Harro's great quality of never giving up I think he gave up after the opening bogey yesterday. I can't really blame him though. It must get so frustrating sometimes for him. The fact he resorted to hitting irons/hybrids off tees which shot tracker suggests, he averaged about 235 for all the mid range par 4s (unless he was skying his drives) tells me he gave up the tournament and decided to just try find a few swings before next week. Fair enough. But one thing which this will really affect is his FedEx cup points. For harro it is very important to get to at least the second last event in this as its easy world ranking points allocated to a smaller field. If he has any ambition of ryder cup(which starts in September)/automatic qualification to the majors next year, this is a must.

Grinding out a top 20 might have helped a small bit.

I'll be at the Irish open Friday following him. Hopefully the incredibly enthusiastic crowd can light a fire within him because if it doesn't happen fast I'll be very worried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Yeah, he's not much of a grinder these days. GMAC has that title these days

Shame he had a mare of a weekend. Two steps forward and two steps back. Story of his season

Hope he can turn it round this week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement