Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

His interview with McDowell was quite funny.

I really wish he would stop with all these gadgets, its something new everyweek, this time something under his left foot on the range, and to top it, new shoes today which are supposed to help. Boxall and the other commentator on sky were joking about him afterwards, even McDowell pipped in with some comment re the training aid.

What he needs more than anything is some belief in himself wiithout all this bull****, he's like a junkie at the moment looking for his next fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

Another 7 for paddy, and on a Par 5 ...

He won't be playing on this course for the weekend I think

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Another 7 for paddy, and on a Par 5 ...

He won't be playing on this course for the weekend I think

Ridiculous thing to say. 1 and 3/4 rounds to go before the cut. You dont miss the cut because of one bad hole.

However with mickelson eagling and gallacher birdieing that hole in the same group thats extremely disappointing.

Ridiculous thing to say. 1 and 3/4 rounds to go before the cut. You dont miss the cut because of one bad hole.

However with mickelson eagling and gallacher birdieing that hole in the same group thats extremely disappointing.

Why is it ridiculous, I would have said he would have missed the cut before he even teed it up this morning.
    There's alot of birdies out there.

• Advertisement

Took a while for the website to update his score on the 18th after his playing partners made more birdies. I assumed the officials had the calculators out totting up his score but it turns out hes made birdie and back to +1.

Needs to push on now and shoot 3 or 4 under back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

He usually gives the Scottish Open a miss for links pratice this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Howjoe1 wrote: »

Scots open is now on a links.

Edit: Birdied 2 and 3 so back to -1 after 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Howjoe1 wrote: »

Playing Castle Stewart should give him good links practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Great approach by paddy on the 9th. Could do with the birdie to get in on -2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Putt made. Well done paddy.

"Needs to push on now and shoot 3 or 4 under back"

3 under back 9. Nice to see. A tidy enough round tomorrow should see him through to the weekend and it will be important to get 4 competitive days practice before next week.

Difference between himself and Lowry's round today was the par 5's, anyone know if he went out of bounds or lost a ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Good recovery after the 7 on the par 5. He needs to play 4 days to stand a chance of making the cut next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Well he's still best of the Happy Gilmores :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,886 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Harry looks like he is going to miss yet another cut.
    Needs birdies but struggling for pars.

Harry looks like he is going to miss yet another cut.
    Needs birdies but struggling for pars.

zero chance of competing next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭seanl77

Was watching poor padraig earlier, he took a frigging eternity over a 18 inch putt... almost looked like he had to convince himself to eventually hit the ball. Way too much over analysis in his game, needs to get back to basics as quick as possible because he is dropping badly in the rankings and will continue to miss out out on the WCG events and the huge cash and ranking points that they bring..the last two years have been a total waste of time for him

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

needs to birdie 17/18 to make the weekend

come on padraig you can probably do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

seanl77 wrote: »
    Was watching poor padraig earlier, he took a frigging eternity over a 18 inch putt... almost looked like he had to convince himself to eventually hit the ball. Way too much over analysis in his game, needs to get back to basics as quick as possible because he is dropping badly in the rankings and will continue to miss out out on the WCG events and the huge cash and ranking points that they bring..the last two years have been a total waste of time for him

I saw that, it was a bit embarrassing.

While I accept people having a go at him on here etc I do wish the commentators would give him a bit more respect, they seem too ready to have a snigger at his expense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

GS11 wrote: »
    I saw that, it was a bit embarrassing.

While I accept people having a go at him on here etc I do wish the commentators would give him a bit more respect, they seem too ready to have a snigger at his expense.

Presuming you mean the Sky guys.
    I actually think they show him plenty of respect, they hold in extremely high regard.
    Yes, the do throw the eyes up to the sky and make the odd comment about his fidgeting... but they also show loads of admiration for him and I get the feeling they genuinely want him to do well.

I didn't catch them this week, maybe some different approach was taken, but by and large I think they handle it in a great way.

They have to comment on it, some of it is lunacy and it can't be brushed under the table. I think they do it in the best taste possible most of the time... it comes across that they are fans of him like the rest of us, that just wish he would stop it or that something would click for him.

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Presuming you mean the Sky guys.
    I actually think they show him plenty of respect, they hold in extremely high regard.
    Yes, the do throw the eyes up to the sky and make the odd comment about his fidgeting... but they also show loads of admiration for him and I get the feeling they genuinely want him to do well.

I didn't catch them this week, maybe some different approach was taken, but by and large I think they handle it in a great way.

They have to comment on it, some of it is lunacy and it can't be brushed under the table. I think they do it in the best taste possible most of the time... it comes across that they are fans of him like the rest of us, that just wish he would stop it or that something would click for him.

watched the coverage myself. Ewen Murray jumped at every opportunity to mention Harrington apparent "slow play" even though his group wer waiting on the tee on nearly every hole for the group in front. I was dying for harro to hole a good putt to shut him up but unfortunately padraigs putter let him down once again.

someone in Harringtons team needs to grab him by the scruff of the neck, hand him the most basic looking putter on the market and scream at him "Give me your most natural stroke" because he honestly looks like a person doing an impression of a robot while trying to putt!! It's so unbelievably mechanical it doesn't look right at all for something that requires the most natural touch in the sport!!!

The same Murray who can see no faults in the likes of Poulter and Westwoods games :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

watched the coverage myself. Ewen Murray jumped at every opportunity to mention Harrington apparent "slow play" even though his group wer waiting on the tee on nearly every hole for the group in front. I was dying for harro to hole a good putt to shut him up but unfortunately padraigs putter let him down once again.

someone in Harringtons team needs to grab him by the scruff of the neck, hand him the most basic looking putter on the market and scream at him "Give me your most natural stroke" because he honestly looks like a person doing an impression of a robot while trying to putt!! It's so unbelievably mechanical it doesn't look right at all for something that requires the most natural touch in the sport!!!

Didn't see any of him last week but I know what you mean. I don't think it is the putter though. Mechanics might be part of it but I don't think that is the full answer either. Basically he isn't trusting his lines and so is getting all mixed up and figity about it.

He needs a very quick and simple putting routine where he assesses the situation, picks a line, and strokes the putt. If he is in doubt, he should call in Ronan to ask for a second opinion.

He is probably trying far too hard as well. We've all been there - worrying about the little 3 footer and over analysing the situation - if we just picked a line and committed to it we'd be a million times better off.

Golf is a funny game though, he could very easily hit a purple patch this week and hole putts from all angles. Lets hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Harrington tees off at 13.01 on Thursday. Paired with Scotland's Richie Ramsay and Michael Thompson from the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

He's gonna win the open this week ;)

ForeRight wrote: »
    He's gonna win the open this week ;)

absolutely, I'd run into paddys and lash it all on paddy to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Martin567

Harrington tees off at 13.01 on Thursday. Paired with Scotland's Richie Ramsay and Michael Thompson from the US.

He's got a good tee-time at least. I've always thought late/early is much better than early/late. Even at that, 13.01 is not too late while 8.00 is a lovely time on Friday.

He's also got a nice low-profile group and he played brilliantly at Muirfield in 2002 so hopefully he'll have a good week. Not much reason to think he will at the moment but we can only hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I've had my first one of the week... My Harrington High, quickly followed by the Harrington Hump...

A sudden rush of adrenaline when the image of Paddy appears.
    He's beaming ear to ear bouncing down the fairway with a 3 shot lead on the 72nd... quickly interrupted by the Harrington Hump, when the bounce turns into a plod, he's suddenly wearing glasses and it's the 36th hole and he's just missed after needing to sink his approach shot to make the cut.

I'll get about 2 or 3 a day until Thursday.

I think this video best describes it....com'on Paddy, no strings attached to this one please.

Win the bloody thing (at least make the cut)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

This is how I feel watching him

phelps-mom-silver-finish-o.gif GIFSoup

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement