Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭abff

Just read his website and he's taking a week off before starting a five week run of tournaments in the US. Says he's playing an extra tournament to boost his chances of making the playoffs.

As he won't qualify for the Bridgestone WGC, I presume this means he will be playing in the event running opposite it. He'll probably be one of the highest ranked players in the field, so could be a good opportunity for him if things click. Hard to see that happening at the moment, but hopefully he'll surprise us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

abff wrote: »
    Just read his website and he's taking a week off before starting a five week run of tournaments in the US. Says he's playing an extra tournament to boost his chances of making the playoffs.

As he won't qualify for the Bridgestone WGC, I presume this means he will be playing in the event running opposite it. He'll probably be one of the highest ranked players in the field, so could be a good opportunity for him if things click. Hard to see that happening at the moment, but hopefully he'll surprise us all.

Reno-Tahoe open, wasn't that a modified Stableford system last year when he played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Martin567

Reno-Tahoe open, wasn't that a modified Stableford system last year when he played it.

Yes, which may not help him given some of his current form. I read that he had 54 pars at Merrion & 50 pars at Muirfield. That sounds really good for two very tough golf courses. Unfortunately he only had 6 birdies in each event, nowhere near enough.

He actually played the par 5s really well last week, -6 for the week. That was better than several of the leaders. Amazingly though, he didn't have a single birdie on a par 3 or par 4 all week. Surely a career first over 72 holes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Martin567 wrote: »
    he didn't have a single birdie on a par 3 or par 4 all week. Surely a career first over 72 holes.

he said that in his summary as well, thinks its the first time in his career alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

He was 2nd on par 5 scoring last week, only Snedeker bettered him. But as was said his wedges let him down as he was having 20/30ft birdie puts most of the time on the other holes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

is he playing anywhere this week

anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

I wouldn't say "playing" but he's in the field at the Renoe Tahoe Open in a modified Stableford format. He has 0 points after the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,886 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

dball wrote: »
    is he playing anywhere this week

anyone

Yes. He's playing in the U.S. but not in the Bridgestone but the

U.S. PGA Tour Reno-Tahoe Open.

He's level par. Leaders on -15.

U.S. PGA Tour Reno-Tahoe Open

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Bit of a weird format really this week, Harro actually had an ok round of level par 72 which included a bogey and a birdie and solid golf but the leader shot a 66 for 15pts while Gary Woodland shot a 65 for only 14pts!! Greater reward for Eagles this week!!

Harro seems to be not able to make birdies at the mo but is keeping all the big numbers off the card!

ssbob wrote: »
    Bit of a weird format really this week, Harro actually had an ok round of level par 72 which included a bogey and a birdie and solid golf but the leader shot a 66 for 15pts while Gary Woodland shot a 65 for only 14pts!! Greater reward for Eagles this week!!

Harro seems to be not able to make birdies at the mo but is keeping all the big numbers off the card!

He didn't shoot level par he shot 1 over and had a double bogey after his tee shot went out of bounds. Played poorly made a couple of 10 footers for par and couldn't convert any short range birdie efforts. Needs a birdie fest today. He actually could easily miss the cut in a field where he's one of the highest ranked and even players outside the top 500 are competing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

He didn't shoot level par he shot 1 over and had a double bogey after his tee shot went out of bounds. Played poorly made a couple of 10 footers for par and couldn't convert any short range birdie efforts. Needs a birdie fest today. He actually could easily miss the cut in a field where he's one of the highest ranked and even players outside the top 500 are competing.

Didn't watch it was just looking at scores this morning, missed the DB. Ya defo needs a birdie fest.......week to week something new seems to be giving up on him, I just hope he can turn it around one week soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

Yep, watched him on shot tracker for a while on PGA app for phone, was god damn awful, can't play any worse this afternoon, I think.

Just had a double on the 17th (his 8th) to go to 3 over par and a score of minus 3 on the modified stableford system. Currently in a tie for 116th.

More dreadful stuff today, 7 pars and a double. Doubles are the equivalent of 3 bogeys in this format. Only 2 birdies in 26 holes in a format that pars are worth nothing. Will be heading to pga a couple of days earlier than planned!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Trampas

Does he know - is opposite this week to normal weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Had a birdie on the 18th (his 9th). Come on Harro, god its difficult supporting him at time.

Hope to god he makes the cut but I doubt he will sadly.

He's just birdied the par 5 18th to get back to plus 1. Needs 3 more birdies (I think) to make the cut. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

outside the top 100 shortly I'd say ... what a disaster

He's just birdied the par 5 18th to get back to plus 1. Needs 3 more birdies (I think) to make the cut. Fingers crossed.

That was -1, just gone to +1 after holing a bunker shot on the first. One way to get around your putting woes :-)

That was -1, just gone to +1 after holing a bunker shot on the first. One way to get around your putting woes :-)

Maybe there's a glimmer of hope. It would do his self confidence a world of good if he could make the cut after the position he found himself in after 8 holes today.

• Advertisement

3 in a row to get to plus 3! On the mark now but its going to higher with the nature of the format.

3 in a row to get to plus 3! On the mark now but its going to higher with the nature of the format.

Still, three in a row is great. One more birdie and no bogeys would probably get him through to the weekend.

Wow! Four birdies in a row. Go on you good thing!

Thats three and a row. Just hope he makes the cut, reckon it'll go up a bit to 4 or so.

Right I'm going to stop following this as in the past I felt I've jinxed him!

Wow! Four birdies in a row. Go on you good thing!

London buses :-)

Needs a par definitely but maybe a birdie on the last. And now for the disaster......

Needs a par definitely but maybe a birdie on the last. And now for the disaster......

Splash and thats that!

FFS! You serious?

Penalty drop on the last........good lord it's so predictable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

And this in the second division. He still cant hack it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement