Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

Trampas wrote: »
    He hit 13 gir yesterday and shoots +5 to me you don't hit than amount of greens with a bad neck. his putter is the issue with 35 putts.

Perhaps, but stats don't tell everything. If he hit that many putts, his approaches must have been a long way from the hole and so a greater number of putts are likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 KKmanok

Martin567 wrote: »
    Perhaps, but stats don't tell everything. If he hit that many putts, his approaches must have been a long way from the hole and so a greater number of putts are likely.
    From what I saw on Sky interactive (saw missed puts om 12, 13, 15 and 16) he hit some really nice approaches and gave himselft really good opportunities but he is just not taking them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

good man martin, im as much of an expert as you are,I suppose

only im saying ph wont win another thing worth talking about,unless he plays in some island off Thailand against some part time golfers,

your saying that he will come good,,next week or the week after!!

PH is proving me right atm!! dont you think.

hawkelady wrote: »

only im saying ph wont win another thing worth talking about,unless he plays in some island off Thailand against some part time golfers,

It looks like he is. You must be very proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Excuses lads, excuses.... ph has them all. if his neck was as bad as he has said he couldnt play 18 holes at Augusta, he would just nr.
    If he shot a low score his "injury" wouldnt have been such a talking point.
    He was spraying the ball everywhere with power. if you have a bad strain on the neck, there is no way you could hit that ball like he was. Im not saying he doesnt have a slight pain but to blame his +5 solely on his blooming neck is a cop out..........

Christ you're talking some ****e. If he angers you so much don't bloody watch him or listen to him. Simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Trigger13222

fullstop wrote: »
    Christ you're talking some ****e. If he angers you so much don't bloody watch him or listen to him. Simple.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

This is a thread about ph,isnt it. comments good or bad?????

I didnt realise that only comments which heaped praise on him and willing him to shoot a 63 were the only comments allowed.

sorry............

This is a thread about ph,isnt it. comments good or bad?????

I didnt realise that only comments which heaped praise on him and willing him to shoot a 63 were the only comments allowed.

sorry............

Not true at all. I didn't hear anyone heaping praise on him for shooting 77 in Round 1 or for missing the cut. He obviously still has quite a way to go to get back to his best. I just don't see how commenting that he'll never win another thing unless he plays on some distant island against a few part timers adds anything to any discussion. I know there were a sizeable number of people who definitively stated that he would never win a major in the years before 2007. I can only imagine you were one of them.

I wonder do other countries have similar discussions about their top players? Would a South African website have people making similar snide and patronising remarks about Ernie Els & Retief Goosen who are also some way off their best and looking unlikely to win another major? Maybe they would as you probably have a few peers in every country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MungoMan

duplicate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MungoMan

Martin567 wrote: »
    Not true at all. I didn't hear anyone heaping praise on him for shooting 77 in Round 1 or for missing the cut. He obviously still has quite a way to go to get back to his best. I just don't see how commenting that he'll never win another thing unless he plays on some distant island against a few part timers adds anything to any discussion. I know there were a sizeable number of people who definitively stated that he would never win a major in the years before 2007. I can only imagine you were one of them.

I wonder do other countries have similar discussions about their top players? Would a South African website have people making similar snide and patronising remarks about Ernie Els & Retief Goosen who are also some way off their best and looking unlikely to win another major? Maybe they would as you probably have a few peers in every country.

every country has people who are critical and negative about their top sports people, especially when they dip a bit in form.
    Some people by nature are negative, Harrington had a lot of critics before he won a major i.e. that he didn't have the bottle to close out a major, that he was always coming second in tournaments (found out recently that Jack Nicklaus came 2nd in 19 majors).

The bookies continue to make Harrington in the top 10 most likely winners in every major he starts in.

Nobody knows if he will win again, or when, but he is a proven entity, he has demonstrated the qualities needed to win before, and maybe he will again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭Trampas

Maybe PH should have done a Garcia over the winter. Hang up the clubs for a few months and not think of anything to do with the word golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Pad's probably thinking...'I bet the Citizen lads will be pleased I put me watch on over me protective suit for this snap.'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

When asked why did the zoo choose Padraig & Sergio as foster parents they replied "these 2 will always be at home for the weekends"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Unlike Pandas, Padraigs chances of winning another major are extinct!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭3qsmavrod5twfe

Aidric wrote: »

"Padraig and Sergio both deny fathering an illegitimate child in a Chinese maternity ward"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

As for his golf, Harrington said: "I'm happy with my game. I'm in a good place and looking forward to the rest of the season and looking forward to playing some good golf and some good results, starting this week hopefully with this trophy. That would be nice.
    "I like from a mental standpoint visualising holding the trophy. If I'm in contention I'll visualise myself holding it. I was just picking it up there to help with the weight and feel of it so I can visualise myself with it on Sunday even more.
    "So I know what it feels like now holding the Volvo China Open trophy. Hopefully I will on Sunday too. I was probably a bit more delicate when holding the panda even though this is probably more fragile! It was a bit more apprehensive holding the panda."

quote from this article

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12230_6885989,00.html

I think he has finally lost it, ah well he might kick on now.

Just seen him standing in the water taking a shot.

• Advertisement

1 under for PH (T84th). 7 off the pace.

needs a round in the 60's otherwise he will be babysitting the panda for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

ssbob wrote: »
    As for his golf, Harrington said: "I'm happy with my game. I'm in a good place and looking forward to the rest of the season and looking forward to playing some good golf and some good results, starting this week hopefully with this trophy. That would be nice.
    "I like from a mental standpoint visualising holding the trophy. If I'm in contention I'll visualise myself holding it. I was just picking it up there to help with the weight and feel of it so I can visualise myself with it on Sunday even more.
    "So I know what it feels like now holding the Volvo China Open trophy. Hopefully I will on Sunday too. I was probably a bit more delicate when holding the panda even though this is probably more fragile! It was a bit more apprehensive holding the panda."

quote from this article

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12230_6885989,00.html

I think he has finally lost it, ah well he might kick on now.

That's hilarious, it's like a Steve Coogan character, or something out of Southpark. While most people will concentrate on the process, take it shot by shot, ignore the end result/objective, our PH is lifting the trophy so he can visualise what it feels like. I love it :D:D

That's hilarious, it's like a Steve Coogan character, or something out of Southpark. While most people will concentrate on the process, take it shot by shot, ignore the end result/objective, our PH is lifting the trophy so he can visualise what it feels like. I love it :D:D

He probably thinks that he is about to surpass Jacks record and not Tiger:D:D and with all the imaginary trophies he has lifted, he must have accumulated well over 100 worldwide victories....got to love his Irishness:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

The Imaginary Closet overfloweth.

I'm actually a big, if frustrated, PH fan. It's just that I find this hilarious.

The Imaginary Closet overfloweth.

I'm actually a big, if frustrated, PH fan. It's just that I find this hilarious.

Sure you will see by my previous posts on this thread that I am just the same, frustrated by the legend that is his happiness Paddy Harro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Man, I think he is losing the plot. He'll be the Charlie Sheen of golf. Minus the Winning!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Another missed cut for Paddy :rolleyes: and he was all talk about winning this week :D

He had a chance to make the cut but decided to hit his driver OB on a short par which was index 15.

no need to hit driver on a 420 yard hole but PH sprays it left and OB.

Maybe a stronger caddy would have handed him a 3 wood or long iron

Sure he can babysit the pandas for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭deko43

I have followed Harringtons career ever since he won the Spanish Open all those years ago. After today's effort ( missing the cut by about 4
    shots in the China open) I think I have laid my last €5 on him. Looks like his goose is well and truly cooked ! It was good while it lasted....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement