Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

YayaBanana wrote: »
    You reckon he spent hours talking with Rotella and didn't bother working on his game? He is one of the hardest workers on tour, he has spent hundreds of hours trying to get his game back, a few hours to talk about the mental side of the game was probably a good idea. Of course half the people on here know better than Harrington what he should be doing.

I've had enough of this thread.

Ridiculous IMO.
    You think spending time talking about the mental side of things when he could have been out practicing and getting to know the course better was time well spent ? He could have (and has been) talked to Bob ANY other time. At a major championship, that is just utter sh1te time management, ESPECIALLY considering how his game is !!

People make me laugh on this thread, honestly...he's close to form, he's getting there, blah blah blah. Wake up and smell the coffee ffs and just look at the stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Ridiculous IMO.
    You think spending time talking about the mental side of things when he could have been out practicing and getting to know the course better was time well spent ? He could have (and has been) talked to Bob ANY other time. At a major championship, that is just utter sh1te time management, ESPECIALLY considering how his game is !!

People make me laugh on this thread, honestly...he's close to form, he's getting there, blah blah blah. Wake up and smell the coffee ffs and just look at the stats.
    So you know a multiple Major winner's requirements better than he does himself? Sure drop him an email, maybe you can give him a hand and earn a few quid :rolleyes:

fullstop wrote: »
    So you know a multiple Major winner's requirements better than he does himself? Sure drop him an email, maybe you can give him a hand and earn a few quid :rolleyes:

look, harrington obviously doesn't even know his left from his right at this stage he's fallen off the radar that much !
    If one can't tell that from his interviews over the last year or two, then they are just extremely dillusional.
    By god I would love a crack at giving him an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The man has had 3 top ten finishes this season , made 12/17 cuts and earned $711,244 in prize money.

Hes in bad form but is still competing at the top level and will not take too much of a break for him to be right back in contention each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ridiculous IMO.

Ok we get it. Harrington has terrible, terrible form and should be sent to the loony bin.

So seeing as you like to tell us this every week what would you like to see Harrington do to improve? Not just this week but in general what would you like to see him do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭abff

Ridiculous IMO.

You're entitled to your opinion and so are other posters on this forum. But, I don't think you have idea what's going through Padraig's mind at the moment (nor do any of the rest of us for that matter), but he is entitled to do what he thinks is best when he is preparing for ANY tournament, major or not.

Whatever he's doing, it's clearly not working, so it makes sense for him to try different things. Admittedly, some of his recent changes smack of desperation and he has acknowledged that his short game has suffered and it appears to me that he should be getting back to basics and concentrating on trying to regain the feel that he used to have around the greens. But what do I know?

Most people on this thread are PH fans and want to see him do well. At times, there are flashes of form that suggest he's turned a corner, so it's natural that a certain amount of wishful thinking takes place when this happens. That should not make them a target for scorn from other posters, nor should PH himself be a target for scorn after all he has achieved in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

I fancy a 67 from him today & hopefully make the cut, no stats on the PGA app as far as I can see, but watching last night any wayward drives are severly punished & Pod's driving can be erattic at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

IMO the cut line is likely to be +4/+5 as in most majors, so therefore he needs an under par round! Hopefully he can make the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ssbob wrote: »
    IMO the cut line is likely to be +4/+5 as in most majors, so therefore he needs an under par round! Hopefully he can make the cut.

Do you think it'll go out that far?

T70 or better is at 1 over at present, with a big bunch at 2 over.
    I think the cut will be lower than normal with the favourable scoring conditions out there, I would guess that it won't move too far from +1/+2.

Either way, it'll be a big task to get there for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

ajcurry123 wrote: »

I think the cut will be lower than normal with the favourable scoring conditions out there, I would guess that it won't move too far from +1/+2.

Either way, it'll be a big task to get there for him

Looks like bad weather today so they will do well to get everyone around.

They will look to toughen it up again. Could easily go +3/4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Play just started under heavy rain, although its not meant to last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

ajcurry123 wrote: »

Favourable scoring conditions is a myth, in the last 3 pga's there have been 44/43 & 35 players this year under par after round one.

AGC wrote: »
    Looks like bad weather today so they will do well to get everyone around.

They will look to toughen it up again. Could easily go +3/4

A lot of players up there who had decent rounds yesterday will fall away and I would expect it at least to get to +4!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

With rain softened greens id guess +2 for the cut.

2nd missed cut in last 8 majors for Padraig looming. Horrendous lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

The cut will be +3 by the looks of it. Mcilroy looks to be gone too barring a good finish. Harro needs 3 under.

McIlroy got the finish he needed. Better round from Padraig, but too much to do after round one. Lowry made the cut and is going to move ahead if him in the world rankings. Where to from here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

abff wrote: »
    McIlroy got the finish he needed. Better round from Padraig, but too much to do after round one. Lowry made the cut and is going to move ahead if him in the world rankings. Where to from here?
    Seniors tour, then retirement.

abff wrote: »

Lowry has already been ahead of him in the rankings.
    Hopefully paddy can get done serious work done over the winter and come back stronger. His game is largely ok. If he can keep the blowups off the card he will have a much better season next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

I wonder would it be better for Paddy to concentrate his efforts on the European tour for the next year? Getting out regularly and building up his confidence is what's needed.

In the past couple of years Paul Casey built up the number of events he played on the ET and it has increased his confidence and play after that terrible injury.

Jesus he's given up some great Sunday night viewing over the years.

Down 5 places to 82 in the rankings today. Lowry went from 81 to 80.
    Less than .01 between them.

Very important event for Harrington's rankings. If he does well in this and gets into the fedex and has a bit of a run his rankings will creep back towards the 50 mark.

Taken from his new glossy website

Wyndham Championship.
    This is an important week for Padraig as he has one last chance to make the Fed Ex Cup playoffs. He needs a top 40 finish to progress to next weeks playoffs but will be pushing hard for the win as only the top 70 progress to week two of the playoffs. He will be looking for an improved putting performance this week after a miserable run of form with the flat stick. Padraig tees off early in round one at 7.40am local time with Tommy "Two Gloves" Gainey and Woody Austin.

• Advertisement

Very important event for Harrington's rankings. If he does well in this and gets into the fedex and has a bit of a run his rankings will creep back towards the 50 mark.

Taken from his new glossy website

Wyndham Championship.
    This is an important week for Padraig as he has one last chance to make the Fed Ex Cup playoffs. He needs a top 40 finish to progress to next weeks playoffs but will be pushing hard for the win as only the top 70 progress to week two of the playoffs. He will be looking for an improved putting performance this week after a miserable run of form with the flat stick. Padraig tees off early in round one at 7.40am local time with Tommy "Two Gloves" Gainey and Woody Austin.

The top 100 progress after the barclays then 70 to the 3rd stage. Immaterial of course unless he finishes inside 125 this week of course. Early start hopefully he can have a nice start today & push on for the weekend, I've had a few bob on him to be first round leader!:D

I've had a few bob on him to be first round leader!:D

I'm not that brave to predict first round leader but I appreciate your optimism!!

Already 2 over after 4, unfortunately. 3 putt from 40 feet on the 2nd; missed 5 footer after being bunkered on the 4th.

He's on his first par 5 of the day. 300 yards off the tee with 240 yards over water to the green, what will he do, lets wait and see?

Good auld shot tracker!

He's on his first par 5 of the day. 300 yards off the tee with 240 yards over water to the green, what will he do, lets wait and see?

Good auld shot tracker!

Shot 3 - Padraig Harrington - Penalty Stroke

Jaysus christ!

Bringing up the field again, stone last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Again?

looks like my money is safe again on paddy missing the cut !
    ultra disaster for him again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Looks like the week is over before its even begun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I've had a few bob on him to be first round leader!:D

Can you justify that selection or do you just enjoy throwing money away?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement