Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP/mysql contractor hourly rates?

Options
  • 04-09-2010 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I know this topic comes up a bit but a friend of mine has been offfered a 3 month contract and is trying to decide whether to take it or not.

He has 10 years web dev experience (7+ specifically in LAMP) and the job involves typical php/mysql back-end dev working on site.

The rate is €20 per hour which we both think is not great but with the way the economy is at the moment it's hard to know if this is a reflection of the times or not.

What are other contractors seeing as typical hourly rates? Opinions are very much appreciated - since it's only 3 months it's not a big decision either way but at the same time it's hard to decide!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

€20 x 35 x 4.5 = €2,250 a month

Not brilliant, but a guaranteed income is a guaranteed income.

If he's not interested, PM me the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

That would be considered to be towards the lower end of hourly rates, but as Liam said above me, money is money, if he has the time I don't see why he shouldn't do it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

As Liam says, it works out at an annual salary of €27,000 a year which is pretty poor for a guy with 10 years experience. On the other hand, there are folks out there who would walk barefoot over broken glass to get to the interview for that.

Advertisement