Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sarah Delamere Hurding

• 04-09-2010 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if Sarah Delamere Hurding does tarot readings? How much do they cost? And was she good (i.e; anything she said, was it accurate/did it happen?).

Preferably in Dublin or Mullingar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Does anyone know if Sarah Delamere Hurding does tarot readings? How much do they cost? And was she good (i.e; anything she said, was it accurate/did it happen?).

I don't know anyone who has been to see her for a reading, so what I do know of, and about, her has been gleaned from her considerably vocal presence in the trashy media, e.g tabloids, in recent years. She has purported to have been consulted for assistance by the guards and by police elsewhere in murder and suicide cases on home soil, and in the case of Madeleine McCann, etc. Fat lot of good her info on Madeleine McCann clearly has been to anyone. :rolleyes: Unsurprisingly, she has been routinely lambasted on sites such as UK Skeptics and has even got stuck into the arguments herself: http://www.ukskeptics.com/forum/showthread.php/1275-Split-from-psychicsarah-thread./page3

There's another thread about her on boards from before, too: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055150851 She also threw her oar into that debate.

Another damning thread RE: her: http://www.ukskeptics.com/forum/showthread.php/896-Madeleine-McCann-here-come-the-psychic-predators./page4

There was another unflattering piece regarding her 'abilities' on badpsychics.co.uk, but that old version of the site has since been closed down for the following reasons:
    In recent months I have been the subject of blackmail attempts, constant abuse, threats and much more. ---- To quote my favourite barman. "I'm getting too old for this sh*t" ---- Therefore I have decided to close down the site.
    Hopefully I will be back one day, but if not I would like to say a big thank you to all the fans and followers of BadPsychics, its been one hell of a 6 year run.
    So from me, your host I would like to say thank you and good bye

It seems that those in the 'psychic community' aren't above directing abuse and blackmail at anyone who detracts them in any way. :rolleyes:

However, there's a new site going now.

Based on all the crap I've read about her, I haven't formed the most glowing opinion of S.D.H., and I haven't anything to go on concerning her personal readings because I don't know any people who have seen the woman.

Either way - like with any 'psychic' you're unsure about - I would approach her with a certain amount of trepidation.

Recommended and tried-and-tested Dublin readers:

Dympna Hughes in Walkinstown.
    Go halfway down Cromwellsfort Road (which is just off Walkinstown Avenue) until you get to a brake re-fittings/tyre shop - Dympna's reading room is sort of above that place to the right.

There's a very long waiting list to see her - some people won't see her until February of next year, but a cancellation may crop up at short notice meaning you see her earlier than planned. Dympna has a reputation for being unreliable and the reading is very, very expensive at €80, but I've never heard anyone say a bad word about her readings in all the time I've known about her.

June or Grainne in South William Street also come recommended. Particularly Grainne, based on what I've read. They read independently of each of other. I think they both charge €50.

Noel in the Phoenix Park also. About €50 too.

Mullingar:

The only recommended reader I know of in Mullingar is Billy Martin. He reads in the sardine-tin-sized Yukon Bar and he has a pretty good rep. Myself and my friends found him rude and not very good, but dozens of other people have got a lot of good out of his readings. He charges €30.

All of the above readers' numbers, bar June and Grainne's, can be found in the directory on paranormal.ie (scroll down): http://www.paranormal.ie/directory.html

Grainne's number is here in the fourth sentence following the pictures of the cards: http://2fm.rte.ie/blogs/the_colm_lucy_show/2010/06/wednesday-16th-june-2010.html

Grainne's exact address:
    22 South William Street, Dublin 2.

Hours: Tuesday - Saturday 1pm - 6.30pm.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The only knowledge I have of SDH is her astrology piece in (I think) the indo. If that illustrates the quality of her work I would avoid her, it is just a collection of Barnum statements which sound like they are cut and paste into each signs prediction randomly.

Oryx wrote: »
    The only knowledge I have of SDH is her astrology piece in (I think) the indo. If that illustrates the quality of her work I would avoid her, it is just a collection of Barnum statements which sound like they are cut and paste into each signs prediction randomly.

I've seen those horoscopes she writes in that alright. Last time I saw (which was about three years ago), she also writes that same <snip> in some magazine that comes with the Sunday World.

I'm not a fan of horoscope columns at all anyway, so maybe I'm being biased.

<snip>

I also remember her being used to predict who the eventual chosen members of that long-forgotten pop travesty of a group, 'SIX', would be years ago on the Irish Popstars TV show. She's been harping on like a Harvey Norman's advert ever since about how she got her predictions right, but sure that could have easily been fixed to make good television.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Anymore tarot reader recommendations are welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ferguson

It seems that those in the 'psychic community' aren't above directing abuse and blackmail at anyone who detracts them in any way. :rolleyes:
    if he has nothing to hide what can they blackmail him with?

ferguson wrote: »
    if he has nothing to hide what can they blackmail him with?

Not sure - only he can answer that.

But you don't necessarily have to be equipped with covert, potentially character-decimating information in order to blackmail someone 'effectively'. A creative and tenacious mind will find an alternate way to blackmail someone.

Having said all that, I don't believe the guy from BadPsychics had anything to hide. I mean, he said himself, "I'm getting too old for this sh*t", and he merely stated that people had attempted to blackmail him. So, I can understand why he would cull the operation of the site simply due to an unrelenting onslaught of abuse courtesy of over-zealous f**ktards in the psychic community. No-one has to put up with that cr@p if they don't want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ferguson

Having said all that, I don't believe the guy from BadPsychics had anything to hide. I mean, he said himself, "I'm getting too old for this sh*t", and he merely stated that people had attempted to blackmail him. .
    I don't either so cannot understand the reference to blackmail. abuse and threats yes but blackmail ??