Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check out this Irish Girl Guitarist!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

She tried to advertise herself off in After Hours here the other week, and I think she's made a thread asking for any drummers, bassists or singers to help her form a band somewhere in the music forum.

Oh yeah, and she'd get it, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

She's a bit of a sloppy player, she should be playing slower stuff correctly rather than fast stuff with a good few mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

shes quite good, rhythm is sloppy, which kinda ruins it, I hear guitarists on youtube and keeping in time is really critical. Guitar tone could use a bit of work too, technological limitations of the equipment aside, the guitar sounds very dry and tinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

She's a bit of a sloppy player, she should be playing slower stuff correctly rather than fast stuff with a good few mistakes.
    shes quite good, rhythm is sloppy, which kinda ruins it, I hear guitarists on youtube and keeping in time is really critical. Guitar tone could use a bit of work too, technological limitations of the equipment aside, the guitar sounds very dry and tinny.

hatersgonnahate.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Agreed about her playing. It is rather sloppy in places and just seems to lack attention to detail with regards to keeping runs and passages sounding clean.

She is only average looking tbh. But since I'm a sucker for girls with guitars, I'd definitely give her one

• Advertisement

bazmaiden wrote: »
    hatersgonnahate.gif

hey, I did say she was quite good! that gif should come with an epilepsy warning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

She is only average looking tbh. But since I'm a sucker for girls with guitars, I'd definitely give her one

WTF has that got to do with her ability to play guitar? I'm sure she didn't enter so lads could discuss her doability. Some lad wrote a comment "I'm not into guitars. . . you're so NICE girl" under her video.

Anyways lots of girls play guitars. Don't see the need for a thread about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

WTF has that got to do with her ability to play guitar? I'm sure she didn't enter so lads could discuss her doability. Some lad wrote a comment "I'm not into guitars. . . you're so NICE girl" under her video.

It has nothing to do with her guitar playing ability. I am a male chauvinist pig and was offering my male chauvinist pig opinion about a 2nd aspect of that video

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭WopTittyPop

Agreed on the sloppy playing! Not the nicest sound coming from the guitar either!
    Very doable! :P

Reasons for coming onto a thread called "Check out this Irish girl guitarist"

Male

1. To see if the chick can actually play guitar because exceptionally talented female guitarists, regardless of how sexist it might sound, are rare to come across
    2. To see if the chick is hot

Female
    1. To redeem the fact that there is such thing as an exceptionally talented female guitarist.

It might sound sexist, but it's the truth!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

I watched the video and was impressed with her playing ability. As someone who has been a fan of electric guitars for many years, I like to think I could tell a good guitarist from a bad one.

Having said that, I can't play myself so I wouldn't be able to spot technical issues of someone's playing abilities. Some of the comments here about her technique surprised me, to be honest.

To my ears and eyes she makes a good sound with the guitar and looks quite good too. I do believe that this combination would be a great addition to any up and coming rock band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Technically she can play, but it looks like she's playing by rote. She needs to work on her composing because the tune itself was uninspired, and along with her slightly sloppy style and buzzy tone (could be the recording) made it a hard listen. In a few years when she's matured as a player she'll be great

lots of girls play guitar badly because they don't put in the time and effort to shred or wail properly or they're into fluffy soft rock/indie.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭LukeQuietus

You're is completely biased because she's a girl. If that was a guy this thread wouldn't exist. Even the title shows that her being a girl is a large part of what's impressive to you. Girls do play guitar too. And a hell of alot play better than this. She's just gonna get an ego and think she doesn't need to fix her bad timing and technical errors.

She's not very good. Too many mistakes. Boring choppy solo's.

For a good woman guitarist check out Ana Vidovic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Dy37bBIW4

(and she's hotter than that that irish girl)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Leaving sex (and possible innuendo) out of it. It's guitar w*nking at it's finest.

I don't like the sound of it, but it's impressive nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

too sloppy to be considered good. Also, looks like a heroin fiend / wannabe. Wouldn't fcuk her with YOUR dick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

too sloppy to be considered good. Also, looks like a heroin fiend / wannabe. Wouldn't fcuk her with YOUR dick

You DO understand biology, don't you?

<checks> Oh wait! VELCRO! Who knew......ah evolution...

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

she has probably put alot of practice into her playing.. so kudos to her for that.
    Personally, I couldn't listen to more than 30 seconds of it... its all flash, and no content. It reminds me of being 18 again, back in 1989... airbrushed motorbike petrol tanks, Megadeath t-shirts and Mamstein playing the flight of the Wounded Bumble Bee on his pointy guitar... this is very passe.

If she sang it would be a big plus... with a bass player and a drummer, she would get alot of work at the biker's festivals Im sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

My ex is a fairly good guitarist (I've witnessed him learning and perfectly playing Paul Gilbert's "Curse of Castle Dragon", solo included, within a few hours spanning a week or two), and after having watched him play for about a year just sitting in his bedroom messing around, and watching the girl in the video, she's really, really not that great.

I don't play myself, but I can definitely tell that her technique is sloppy and while she can follow notes, she doesn't really "get" it, if that makes sense? It doesn't seem natural for her.

Either way, my point is, I'm not understanding the hype, and like other posters said, if she was a he this would have no attention at all. Why the novelty just because she has a vagina? Seems a bit misplaced when there's much better guitarists on there whose only evident fault is having a penis instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭dasdog

+1. Commands total silence from her audiences. I'd love to see her play.
    It reminds me of being 18 again, back in 1989... airbrushed motorbike petrol tanks, Megadeath t-shirts and Mamstein playing the flight of the Wounded Bumble Bee on his pointy guitar... this is very passe.

Indeed. And I really hate that sort of wánkology playing now.

She'll develop her playing in years ahead I'm sure. It needs maturity/diversity.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Hot as fcuk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

My post still stands, I'd have the same opinion if she was a guy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Charming.

She has a boards account, apparently she posted in AH. Send her a PM and let her know.

I'm sure she'll give a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

To be honest if you want to see Irish women playing metal just look at Darkest Era, guitarist and drummer are both girls. The drummer is also a drum teacher by profession, and they're both very good at what they do.
    http://www.myspace.com/darkestera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Jeysus......some eejits enter that Guitar Idol thing.

http://www.guitaridol.tv/video/490

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

We all believe you

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

she's goood i suppose maybe she'll get a band going loads of young wannabe's out there...wonder how many will show for auditions tho!? ahha but heck give her a chance its not a bad effort compared to mr.vanhalen tribute below ahahah ahhh yess such moves hahah

ciao' amigos...Baggio....

This thread is now about hot chicks with guitars regardless of their playing ability:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Bit too young to ne hot.:rolleyes: But this is freaky for 10 year old girl.

Bit too young to ne hot.:rolleyes: But this is freaky for 10 year old girl.

She's a bit too old for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

That ten year old can really play. Just wish I wasn't forced to spend so much time staring at her feet.

Advertisement