Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community Voice missing?

Options
  • 04-09-2010 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody knows if something has happened to our local newspaper.according to their website the last issue on-line is June's edition.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I got one yesterday. Already in the recycle bin so don't know what date was on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

One of my good mates delivers them and they are still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

picked up the new one early on today, the local shopkeeper said they had closed down for a bit during the summer hols, so they are back to work

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Ah just got 1 in the door myself.Long holiday though.Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I just read a recent one. Even had a mention of Michella davis in it so i assume its up todate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

i know this is an old thread but didnt want to make a new one regarding this paper. was up getting a few things in castleknock earlier, from a place that has just recently been set up, but any we were talking about the community voice and the lady told me the owner finished up the paper. last edition was either oct or nov.:(. it'll be sadly missed, by far one of the best free papers thats ever been.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

There's nothing on the website about it shutting up shop
    http://www.communityvoice.ie/pages/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I haven't seen the paper for a good few weeks and the news on their website is not very current.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

i know this is an old thread but didnt want to make a new one regarding this paper. was up getting a few things in castleknock earlier, from a place that has just recently been set up, but any we were talking about the community voice and the lady told me the owner finished up the paper. last edition was either oct or nov.:(. it'll be sadly missed, by far one of the best free papers thats ever been.

awww that's a pity really enjoyed reading CV..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

that is a pity! Got all the local news/developments etc via CV. I put up a no junk mail sign on my letter box about 4 months ago and thought that was the reason I didn't get it anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 HeartShake

Serious shame that it's gone, was a great paper. Still some ok offerings around though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

A month or two back I emailed them to suggest selling the papers - I said that I would certainly buy it. Unfortunately my email bounced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

daymobrew wrote: »
    A month or two back I emailed them to suggest selling the papers - I said that I would certainly buy it. Unfortunately my email bounced.

What would the outlay be for to buy up the paper if he would sell it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Shame to see this go - their electoral coverage was usually excellent. Probably the only useful free thing to be put through the letterbox, time for the "No Junk Mail" sign now so...

Advertisement