Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HKC ''Coms fault keypad 2''

• 04-09-2010 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi there

i have recently fitted my house with a new hkc system with a text digi and a keypad up stairs and a keypad downstairs.

everything was fine for about 2 weeks until i was in work and got a text saying tamper keypad 1 then another saying coms fault keypad 2.

when i went home everything was ok again until maybe another 2 weeks and the same happened.

a friend of mine works in a suppliers and gave me 2 keypads to try and see if it solves it. but after another week or so it happened again!

any ideas of what it might be? could it be the text digi? or panel its self. i have called HKC but all i got from them was '' make sure the tamper switch is closed'' obviously they both are but thats all he could tell me.

any of you come across this problem befor?

Thanks for any help!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭altor

James_ wrote: »
    hi there

i have recently fitted my house with a new hkc system with a text digi and a keypad up stairs and a keypad downstairs.

everything was fine for about 2 weeks until i was in work and got a text saying tamper keypad 1 then another saying coms fault keypad 2.

when i went home everything was ok again until maybe another 2 weeks and the same happened.

a friend of mine works in a suppliers and gave me 2 keypads to try and see if it solves it. but after another week or so it happened again!

any ideas of what it might be? could it be the text digi? or panel its self. i have called HKC but all i got from them was '' make sure the tamper switch is closed'' obviously they both are but thats all he could tell me.

any of you come across this problem befor?

Thanks for any help!

I have come across this, it is more than likely a problem with the panel. You should be looking at getting the panel flashed to solve this issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 James_

altor wrote: »
    I have come across this, it is more than likely a problem with the panel. You should be looking at getting the panel flashed to solve this issue.

oh good so i'm not the only one! how can i get the panel flashed? is it somthing i may be able to do myself?

Thanks for your reply

Any installer with a flash card can do this for you. If you installed the alarm yourself I would try defaulting the alarm and reprogramming it before flashing the system to see if that clears the fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

What type of panel is it? Some panels are Chip upgrade and some need to be flashed. When you changed the RKP did you remove the old RKP from the panel memory? this could be your problem as the panel still remembers the old RKP serial number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Typical response there from HKC.
    If the alarm is under two years old I would send it back for repair which your mate could sort

• Advertisement

Your mate is the only one who can deal with HKC as they will only deal with installers.

Advertisement