Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the UPC 30Meg 'Upgrade' STILL Slower than 20Meg?

• 04-09-2010 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

I was excited as a UPC 20meg customer when I heard about 12 months ago about the free (sign up for another 12months...)upgrade to 30meg.But I became VERY wary when hearing reports here that peoples'new' 'upgraded' connection was SLOWER .As a keen gamer Id be especially interested in ping issues....Anybody any current info?Im in Leixlip.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

940393055.png
    23450585.png

Above results are on the 30 Mb/s package wireless. Wired, the download speed is about the full amount c. 29 - 30 Mbs. I upgraded in July after the initial teething problems. I'm in Dublin 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Just noticed Im getting 24meg+ on my 20 so maybe Ive been 'upgraded' already!Anyway cant complain about UPC in last 6 months here in Leixlip-hardly any micro drops etc lately ...Good pings in many game servers...sometimes see 29 ms regularly low 30s -speedtest.net says 11ms ping...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sparedog12

ytareh wrote: »
    I was excited as a UPC 20meg customer when I heard about 12 months ago about the free (sign up for another 12months...)upgrade to 30meg.But I became VERY wary when hearing reports here that peoples'new' 'upgraded' connection was SLOWER .As a keen gamer Id be especially interested in ping issues....Anybody any current info?Im in Leixlip.

Stoneybatter, Dublin 7 wired.

940429741.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

for the most part its fine, but i do get some pretty significant drops at peak time, altho it's never anything that will affect my day to day usage most of the time.

navan, wired.
    940130281.png
    23452101.png

it's not always great tho 100% of the time as you can see.

936872967.png

Advertisement