Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sept 12 - Valley Wheelers CC 110km Sportif

• 04-09-2010 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭

Date: Sunday Sept 12th
    Start: Cill na Martra, Co. Cork
    110km Sportif in the hills of the Cork and Kerry border.
    Entry fee: €25

Route: http://www.mapmyride.com/route/ie/ballymakerra/913128360816588963

Fairly lumpy ride over an absolutely stunning route.

For more details please check out:
    http://valleywheelerscc.com/TrasnaNaNGleannta.php

I did the Tour de Munster with a lot of cyclists from this club. Nice bunch and despite being a new club, they run very well organised events.
    For anyone who is travelling for the Rebel tour or just happens to be in the Cork/Kerry area, this will be a very well worthwhile cycle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Beached

Would absolutly love to take part in this,
    but got a wedding on that weekend.
    I'm surprised they took the county bounds route instead of the Top Of Coom on the way to Kilgarvan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Beached wrote: »
    I'm surprised they took the county bounds route instead of the Top Of Coom on the way to Kilgarvan

Not sure, but while it is a busy road, it has a very big hard shoulder and climbing lane. Also it is a fantatsic descent. Great surface also.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Beached

ROK ON wrote: »
    Not sure, but while it is a busy road, it has a very big hard shoulder and climbing lane. Also it is a fantatsic descent. Great surface also.

And will be quiet enough on a sunday morning

Finished this. Great day out.
    210 cyclists signed on, including Lescol and myself. We left at 930am with another group of early risers. Finished in 4hr4mins. Lovely route with 5 5-7km climbs. Quiet roads.
    It could have done with a water stop at halfway (there may have been one, as Lescol and myself left prior to the official start).

Lovely spread laid on at the end (scones with cream and jam ftw, brownies, flapjacks sandwiches). Had a shower and hit the road hone where I was delayed for 30 mins on main Cork Killarney road by about 200 tossers in ferarris an other sports cars, who simply took over the entire road. Tailback was for miles. (Christ if it was cyclists that did that we'd never hear the end of it).

There was a stand from a Cork cycling shop at the start/finish (Speedy Spokes). While I didnt buy anything, I think this is a great idea for sportifs. The had tyres, tubes, helmets, jerseys, gels, energy food. Very hany in case you forget anything.

Great day out and good to see Lescol back on the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭lescol

Enjoyed that immensely. The route was fabulous and on quiet roads, I'd happily do that again. As ROK ON has said we left too early to avail of any stop which left me feeling very empty, the spread at the end was brilliant. Will definitely have this on the calender next year, well done valley wheelers cc.

Now, hopefully, will be that bit fitter for next weeks Chaingang sportive.

Must admit I did ogle the Ferarris, Aston Martins, Porches etc on the way home! It was for a "good" cause, http://www.motornet.ie/news/cannonball-run-returns-9512.html and they did seem happy people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭cantalach

I didn't know you were doing it, ROK_ON. Shame you had to head out so early. I rode it with a group of Cork City-based TdM lads. We finished with a moving time of 3:40:20 and kept the stops to a minimum. Great route, good support, mountains of food, and all for only €25!

lescol wrote: »
    Now, hopefully, will be that bit fitter for next weeks Chaingang sportive.

Tell me more?

cantalach wrote: »
    I didn't know you were doing it, ROK_ON. Shame you had to head out so early. I rode it with a group of Cork City-based TdM lads. We finished with a moving time of 3:40:20 and kept the stops to a minimum. Great route, good support, mountains of food, and all for only €25!

Yep. Sure was. They had a great turnout in fairness. Started at 930am. Had to be back early to mind the twins.
    Still availed of nice cakes however.

You say tell me more re ChainGang Sportif?
    Next Saturday from Tralee
    €10.
    2 routes
    110km (Tralee Conor Pass Dingle Inch tralee)
    150km above plus a loop of Slea Haed.
    PM Che Guedara for details.
    http://thechaingang.cc/
    See you there?

ROK ON wrote: »
    PM Che Guedara for details.
    http://thechaingang.cc/
    See you there?

Ah...it's Saturday. Won't make it I'm afraid. There's a piss-up lively social gathering planned for the Friday night. Shame because it sounds great.

Advertisement