Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Behind-ear tattoos

Options
  • 04-09-2010 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

There's been an idea kicking about in my head for a while now - tattoos of fuchsia flowers behind/below my ears. I see three problems to doing so though:
    1) I work in a call centre, with big over-ear headphones on all day, which would most likely be both painful and unhygienic for a fresh tattoo,
    2) I don't want them to be visible all the time, and
    3) I wear glasses.

Has anyone out there had behind-ear tattoos done with any/all of these issues, and how did you resolve them? Would I be better off just forgetting about this idea and planning something else?

Thank you in advance for any and all help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I dont think the headphones would be the best thing for the tattoo, the glasses should be fine.

Personally I dont think getting highly visible tattoos when your not a "tattoo-person" is the best idea, that probably sounds a bit snobby but I forsee alot of regrets being had by mainstream people about their hand tattoos (thanks ms Tweedy) and neck / ear tattoos, having said that in the short term it brings more acceptance to tattooing but in the long term its building an army of people to say..... Oh, dont get a tattoo! You'll only regret it!

Anyway, the best advice would be to go to a recommended studio and chat to an artist there, and maybe just in case, have a backup tattoo in the pipeline.

You could probably get around the earphone situation by keeping the tattoo wrapped and moist.

Advertisement