Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric gates that open by themselves!

Options
  • 04-09-2010 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I have a set on electric gates that I had installed a few years ago. they work perfectly fine most of the time. last year I noticed they started opening and closing by themselves, almost as if i had pressed the zapper. I had the guy who installed them take a look and he couldnt find a problem but he reset the remotes and that seemed to solve the problem. then a few months ago the remotes wouldnt work even though the little red light flashed when you pressed the buttons. I had to operate the gates from the switch in my house. A few weeks had past by the time I got another guy to take a look. in that time the gates mytseriously started opening aand closing again by themselves. sometimes as often as every couple of minutes. Anyway i got another guy to take a look and he managed to get the remotes working (i think by resetting them again) but he couldnt understand when the gates opened/closed by themselves. Since then they appeared to be operating as normal. but just today I have noticed them open and close three times by themselves. Its becoming frustrating now! Does anynone have any bright ideas as to the problem. I wondering if it was something to do with the heavy rain today as its an underground system. any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Check the outside control box for insects or creepy crawleys shorting terminations on pcb terminals. If you have seperate aerial,check that also.Also check connection on house push button and keypad connections at gate( if you have one)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Could also be caused by interference from a radio frequency source. I suspect when the reset your control they changed it to a different frequency.

Contact the manufacturers and ask their advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 abes216

Did you fix the problem ?
    I think it could be one of 2 things wrong:
    1. short or bad connection on intercom cable or other opening switch
    2. Radios faulty ( I have seen gates with faulty radio receiver and anyone could open it by any car remote :)

Advertisement