Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB Visa Debit Card

Options
  • 04-09-2010 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Did anyone get theirs yet? I heard they would start sending them out from the middle of August. I'm wondering when I will receive mine...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭katnia

I haven't received it, although I think Permanent have been much too busy thinking up ways to punish their variable rate mortgage customers to get round to issuing this card. Not that I'm bitter at all.....honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I hope the mods dont mind me digging this up.If wrong I will bend over for a spanking;).I had an embarrassing issue today with my PTSB visa debit card at the supermarket whereby the machine would not accept two cards.One my present card and the other one the new one that was sent to me, but was not activated, so not surprising about that I suppose.I had another issue with the card yesterday when I tried to buy from itunes.I tried 3 times but still no joy.

I was surprised to then get a call from a guy in the bank enquiring if the transactions were authorised or not:eek:.Maybe that had something to do with it.Fair play to the bank for been on the ball:cool:.It said on the document that came with the new card how to activate it.The website was useless, so I tried ringing which told me to ring the automated (1890241224) number which worked (I hope).I wont know until tomorrow when i try to take out some money from an atm.

I dont know why my present card did not work but its suppose to work until the new one is activated.Now it also did say that the old card will expire 30 days, but I thought that was not up yet.I am posting just in case something like this might happen to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Blarney92

Thought that you just had to use the new one in an atm machine to activate it. I definitely didn't ring the number to activate my new card anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Yeah I activated mine in an ATM and everything was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

You can do that but you can also do it on the automated phone line and apparently on the website, but I could not do it there.I did not get a chance to do it at the ATM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement