Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De-interlacing question

Options
  • 04-09-2010 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to de-interlace footage that has been already rendered? For example, I have an avi in AE, render it out as an iff sequence, and then want to de-interlace it? I've experimented a little and as such rendered iffs don't seem to deinterlace properly using the odd and even fields method, however I don't know whether this is due to the fact that I can't see the effect. Does a certain amount of information get lost in the render, I think rendering out to iffs is a lossless form of compression, I don't know, but if so why would the data necessary to separate the fields get lost in the process? Its a long story not worth going into as to why I'm doing this the assbackwards way.

Advertisement