Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Stores sell Memory around midlands?

• 04-09-2010 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Looking for some DDR PC2 memory for my PC, need to get it today and obviously stores will close at 6 and im in Athlone, obviously nobody in Athlone sells it without ordering it first which i can do myself for a lot cheaper so wheres the nearest place to athlone, i presume Galway is probably my best best but if there is a store in ballinasloe or Roscommon or something like that it would probably be quicker?

Wouldnt mind i waited for the last couple of days for delivery from dabs and they sent me the wrong type:mad:
    I need 4 x 2gb so bigger store would probably be needed as the smaller places might only have 1-2 of each type

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Celbridge, but I'm sure it's online orders only... worth a try...

http://www.memoryc.com/contact.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

My geography is terrible, sorry. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

JustinOval wrote: »
    Celbridge, but I'm sure it's online orders only... worth a try...

http://www.memoryc.com/contact.html

Nope, their products are ready for collection in 20 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

The price we pay for convenience, €40-€45 online for 2gb of ram, €80 was the cheapest in Maplin and €70 the cheapest in Pc World, im assuming they can buy it cheaper than €40 if other sites are selling it for that and making a profit. Thats a big profit margin but i guess as long as theres impatient people like me i guess theyll stay in business. I expected €50-€60 as i understand brick and mortor stores have higher costs than an online store but wasnt expecting €70-€80...oh well ill make sure and get the correct order online any more.

To make it worse i opened the 4 packages of 2gb ram dabs sent me before noticing they were the wrong ones so along with having to fork out €280 for the 8gb in PC world i hope dabs will take back and refund me for the ones i bought off them:(

Advertisement