Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is SeptemberFest going ahead in the Phoenix Park this year?

Options
  • 04-09-2010 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

I can't find any information online about it so I'm guessing it's not but does anyone know more about it? From an outsiders point of view last year looked like it was a huge success (weather probably helped out a lot) so I can't understand why there's not a push to do it again.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

It's not going ahead this year unfortunately. Presumably there's some budgetary reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

shame they didnt bother wth it this year..looked like a big success last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Bord Bia in there wisdom decided to have it with Bloom the garden festival this year.............bad idea

There is a thread about a beer festival in the Curragh racetrack next weekend here, sounds like most of the Septemberfest brewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

What about this year (2011) will it be going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Em it is... Sort of... Exhibit A

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

What about this year (2011) will it be going ahead?
    It's now Bloom, and probably always will be. They seem to have got the formula right this year and hopefully they'll stick to that.

Bord Bia are giving some level of support to the All-Ireland Craft Beerfest, however, I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Bah.... Its in the RDS. No free admission or free parking. No Jazz, no sitting in the sun with a picnic and a plastic cup of stout.

That is not the same festival! Like you said, sort of....

Advertisement