Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Netbook with broadband in Drogheda?

Options
  • 04-09-2010 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

Hey, just wondering if any of you computer savys's can help me with this,
    I'd appreciate it alot.
    My friend is getting a Netbook down in Drogheda today and he wanted some advice, he wanted to know.

Where in Drogheda city centre can you get the cheapest Netbook:

1.Thats compatible with Wireless broadband?

2. Does it have to have a windows operating system to work with wireless broadband or does linux operating system work just as well?

3. I've heard that Otec are a pretty good cheap netbook to get, but are they compatible with a wireless broadband stick?

4. Whats the best and cheapest broadband to get for this Netbook down in Drogheda?

Thanks for the help guys,
    sorry about the amount of Questions, I just want to make the right Desiscion,
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Hey, just wondering if any of you computer savys's can help me with this,
    I'd appreciate it alot.
    My friend is getting a Netbook down in Drogheda today and he wanted some advice, he wanted to know.

Where in Drogheda city centre can you get the cheapest Netbook:

1.Thats compatible with Wireless broadband?

2. Does it have to have a windows operating system to work with wireless broadband or does linux operating system work just as well?

3. I've heard that Otec are a pretty good cheap netbook to get, but are they compatible with a wireless broadband stick?

4. Whats the best and cheapest broadband to get for this Netbook down in Drogheda?

Thanks for the help guys,
    sorry about the amount of Questions, I just want to make the right Desiscion,
    thanks.

Don't know about in drogheda.. But Netbooks are generally made to be compatible with wireless interweb, so I wouldn't worry about that.
    2. inux works just as well, just means you can't have the likes of MS office on it, have to use openoffice which I think is rubbish.

3. never heard of Otec, wouldn't know anything about brands of netbooks, but I wouldn't worry too much about brand, only warranties etc... chances are it's the same parts under a different name. If the netbok has usb ports, then it SHOULD work with the dongle, but check with the guys in the shop first.

4. Usually mbile broadband- buy the modem for 100 quid and top it up like a phone, if you want it for on the go, it's your best and probably only option, cos I can't see why you'd want a netbook for home use...

Advertisement