Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC HD Digibox RF Output

• 04-09-2010 5:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi,
    My son recently switched from Sky+ to UPC HD,BB and telephone package. I had installed a distribution amp in his attic which I had connected to the RF2 O/P of the Skybox and he could control the sky+ box from any room via magic eyes.
    I was aware that the new UPC box would not have an RF o/p so I purchased the Triax Trilink which would take an an av signal via the scart o/pof the digibox and modulate it to any RF channel I wished to set it.
    The first problem I encountered was that when the main tv was connected via HDMi cable to the digibox there was no o/p on the scart. The scart O/p only became active when I disconnected the hdmi cable. Is this normal or a defect in the box?
    A second problem was that even with the hdmi cable removed there was video present via the trilink but no sound, but if I connected the scart direct to the main tv there was video and sound. I suspected something wrong in the trilink but I tested it in my own home and all seems ok.
    Any info or suggestions would be welcome.
    Willby

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

As far as I know (and of course I could be very wrong) the scart will only work when the HDMI is not connected. At least, thats my understanding anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭Willby

Hi Djimi.
    With my Humax Foxsat recorder I have it connected to my main tv via HDMI cable and I also have taken a scart O/p to a demodulator which I then distribute around the house. I thought I should be able to do something similar with the UPC digibox for my son but looks doubtful now.
    Willby
    PS I just had a thought... maybe if I left the hdmi cable connected to the tv and then took a scart connection from the tv rather than the digibox I might have success. I wont be able to try it for a few days yet though as I dont live in the same town as my son and I took the trilink home with me.
    Willby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭dunworth1

djimi wrote: »
    As far as I know (and of course I could be very wrong) the scart will only work when the HDMI is not connected. At least, thats my understanding anyway.

this is correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭Willby

Hi Dunworth,
    Is this something specific to the UPC digibox as I dont have a similar problem with my Humax Foxsat PVR?
    Willby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Yup, it's specific to the UPC (Cisco) box, which has lots of silly "features" like that. It's actually quite a poor PVR compared to everything else out there, despite being made by big brand Cisco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I have a Thomson DVR from UPC. It has only 1 scart socket:eek: so I cannot hook it up by scart to my dvd recorder. There is a USB socket at the back of the Thomson. Can this be used to save recorded material?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I have a Thomson DVR from UPC. It has only 1 scart socket:eek: so I cannot hook it up by scart to my dvd recorder. There is a USB socket at the back of the Thomson. Can this be used to save recorded material?
    Nope.

Alun wrote: »
    Nope.

Is there any output at all from that USB socket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Is there any output at all from that USB socket?
    Not that I'm aware of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Can you not hookup it up by passthru, ie, DVR >> DVD >> TV? I cant say Ive tried it so I dont know if it will work but its what I imagine would do the trick.

• Advertisement

Can you not hookup it up by passthru, ie, DVR >> DVD >> TV? I cant say Ive tried it so I dont know if it will work but its what I imagine would do the trick.

Just thinking the same myself.. Thanks for the reminder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭dunworth1

that should work fine i have done it myself

Advertisement