Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post Images of Horror!!

• 04-09-2010 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭

ive previously posted my pride and joy in the "images of beauty" thread....here it is..From This.jpg
    ive even met some of ye guys out on it, namely Che and ROK ON,
    however now thanks to a rather unsavioury incident involving a jeep and me out training last week it now looks like this.......To This 1.jpg
    i wont lie, a little tear rolled down my eye when i picked it up from the guard station last night :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Ouch! Are you alright? You can buy another bike, but you can't buy new body parts (well depends how rich you are..).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭damo80

thats what everyone is saying but not that one!! only 8 of them in ireland (i know, its now 7)
    surprisingly enough (even to the paramedics) yeah im relativity ok. just bruised and cut all over. bit of a problem with my neck and foot but nothing broken. i do have a rather fetching complete circle cut on my calf,
    im guessing spotlight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

sry hear mate pricey looking bike hope ur nxt bike brings u as much joy

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Hope you faired alot better then your bike did, how did the incident with the jeep happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Commiserations. Horrific is exactly the right word for pic2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Ouch, that's a shame.
    Not trying to make you feel worse but that was a beautiful bike, I remember ogling it in the images of beauty.
    I've only fallen off once in 11 years of cycling and I broke my shoulder on that occasion, so at least you have no bones broken.
    What about the Giant, will you try and get the same frame again?
    Sorry for your loss :(

CPL 593H

yeah it sure was a beauty. only bike i trully liked, nay, loved :p
    long straight road with a xroads mid way. stuck out the hand to take the turn, moved out got across the SOLID white line then wham!! he tried to overtake me while i was turning!! thats all i can say at moment tho, investigations underway.
    as for the frame, yeah would defo recommend the Giant. asked the supplier bout a replacement but no joy, once off etc. upside is....2011 stock out in 2 weeks so youll never know what could pop up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Damo.

Jesus man, you're lucky to be in one piece.
    Bike is a sorry picture, twas pure class in the flesh.
    Given the description of the accident, and that the Gardai are involved, I would if I were you speak to a firm of solicitors. This is horrific. Sorry for you.
    Hope you get back on the bike shortly.
    Best of luck.
    J

BTW, do you Limerick CC guys have a contact in Giant. Just seemed that a lot of ye rode very very high end Giants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Take em to the cleaners !!

ROK ON
    Lockie in Siopa Rothar on johns street im limerick. he is the main dealer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

i hope u smacked the idiot who did that very good. least he deserved. thats proof that impatient idiots should be turfed off the road. looks like a very carbon bike. have you tried to get it repaired. someone in the yacht repairs business here might be able to do it or worst case the southampton area in uk could possibly do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Glad you Ok. I cant say much more having looked at the pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Holy sh!t, that bike is one sorry mess!
    Luckily you seem to have come away without any serious injuries.
    Hopefully that driver gets what they deserve!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Were you riding the carbones at the time? I can see them just out of shot but can't tell what damage they received.

Glad you are alright, sounds like a nasty accident.

I know it goes without saying, but I wouldn't say too much about what happened on the internet until the police have concluded their investigation.

I saw a TCR advanced at the orwell open race (name?), it was bare carbon and it looked awesome, go for that one next time, it would go well with the carbones.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Were you riding the carbones at the time? I can see them just out of shot but can't tell what damage they received.

yeah was riding them. the aero fender is all cracked and swollen with some broken spokes. havent taken the tyres of yet though so i dont know if the rims are cracked or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I completely recoiled in horror when I saw the crashed frame. That's nasty and thank god you are alive.

The TCR Giants are looking nice these days. Get another one. A couple of lads in Swords have them. One has it with the Carbones and tis sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Only came across this now looking back over pages and threads I missed - christ thats a scary lookin photo Damo :eek: That's horror show stuff!

Hope you're OK, on the mend and that everything goes well with giving the driver both legal barrels and you get everything fixed/replaced etc without too much delay or hassle

As an aside I came across this link today on cyclingtips blog that's kinda appropriate in the context of accidents and what to do in the event that you're in (a minor) one - very handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

damo80 wrote: »
    thats what everyone is saying but not that one!! only 8 of them in ireland (i know, its now 7) surprisingly enough (even to the paramedics) yeah im relativity ok. just bruised and cut all over. bit of a problem with my neck and foot but nothing broken. i do have a rather fetching complete circle cut on my calf

Do you feel slightly immortal now?

Impressive bike damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Yup that's a write-off alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

"the horror."

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    Do you feel slightly immortal now?

Impressive bike damage.

a bit yeah :) not enough to give it a go again though, or fight crime (ala KickAss)!!!!! i think the jeep won this round

Advertisement