Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep. of Ireland v Andorra, Tue 7 September 2010 [RTE2: 7pm, KO: 7.45pm]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Does anyone have a link to a live stream for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭naughto

http://www.firstrow.net/

half way down the page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

A 1-1 in Russia would be sweet .

4-0 tonight .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I think 4 at least as well. People giving them far too much credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Russia are pushing and pushing..looks like a draw could be likely, unless slovakia hold on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Voltwad wrote: »
    I think 4 at least as well. People giving them far too much credit.

I'd put it down to a lack of confidence in our own goalscoring ability rather than overestimating Andorra!!!

I'd put it down to a lack of confidence in our own goalscoring ability rather than overestimating Andorra!!!
    We're at home against a bunch of part-timers who should tire in the second half given they had a match on Saturday too. They shouldn't get a kick. I'm confident even despite our lack of firepower that we'll get 4 or 5

Slovakia win 0-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Slovakia win 0-1

I reckon we'll face a tougher test with the Slovaks than with the Russians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

If this is Russia failing to turn up to qualification, that's good. Otherwise, the group just go interesting. A win tonight, plus 4 points from the 2 next month would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Russia missed some sitters second half.:( Slovakia parked the bus last half hour. We need to beat Russia at home and that would put Russia in big trouble. Slovakia have had some luck with the last minute winner against Macedonia and then hanging on virtually the whole game against Russia. Win two nil and we top the group tonight.:)

I think this is still very early days thus far. Armenia could well take points off Slovakia and Russia and we could struggle in Macedonia.

Were gonna struggle bigtime in Russia,Slovakia and Macedonia.

I think we will draw at home to Slovakia and Russia. Beat Macedonia, Armenia and Andora(tonight) at home.

But its them 3 away games above that will decide our fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Voltwad wrote: »
    I think this is still very early days thus far. Armenia could well take points off Slovakia and Russia and we could struggle in Macedonia.

I dont think Armenia will take points off anyone bar maybe Macedonia & definitely Andorra . Macedonia are the team who will take points off ourselves,Russia & Slovakia. Iv backed Andorra tonight +4 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭Trampas

the colour in the studio aint great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

"Bill, have you been taken pills again?" legends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

God that team is depressing,

We are playing the 2nd worst team in the world on rankings, a team who have lost their last 20 odd games in a row, It is the first competitive game in the new stadium and we can't make even one change that would show a bit of confidence,

Gibson should be in for Green, what happens if Whelan gets booked tonight do you throw Gibson in at the deep end, or is Trappatoni just hoping Andrews will be back?

McGeady needs to show something tonight too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Trampas wrote: »
    the colour in the studio aint great
    Was just coming in to post that, the sound is going echo-ish sometimes aswell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Christ, it's absolutely shocking how many empty seats there are!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Fooking FAI .. €50 a ticket what u expect ! Muppets .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Either that stadium is half empty or half the fans decided to come dressed as green seats

Great start anyways,

Fifa fair play statement abandoned,

Red cards all round!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

lol Robbies timing still not up to scratch :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

/facepalm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Have they tried turning it on and off again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

That "Fair Play" speech is a load of rubbish anyway. Pointless. Where are the 40,000 spectators though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

OMG who's idea is it to have these silly speeches beforehand? is this the norm from now on??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

LOL Fair Play FAI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

mixednuts wrote: »
    Fooking FAI .. €50 a ticket what u expect ! Muppets .

€50 at the cheapest. €70 and €100 too. And they still can't afford a working mic.

Fecking Andorra ripped off the French national anthem.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Stick that in your pipe FAI. 50 quid me arse.
    Also that fair play speech is idiotic. Grand before a game against Andorra, but dont think Keano will be too up for it when Russia and Slovakia come to town and the atmosphere is hoppin/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Think it's great that Keane went to read the statement in our native language of English then went ahead and sang our national anthem in another language.

We have a wonderful, diverse country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'm convinced Robbie broke that mike as I'm not sure he can read!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭Trampas

shocking poor attendance.

imagine if it was croker.

you could have a where's irish fan like where wally

Great from Keane, more of that please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Positive attacking start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

First time seeing the Aviva on the inside - I know i've been living in a cloud but have to say I do like the look of the back wall made of glass.. but why didn't they just put more seats in it and sell the tickets for 35-40 euro and they'd have a bigger stadium - more happy fans - and the same profit and none of the Corke Park is bigger for the big games talk....

ah sur - hope we don't have a cock up in this game and lose or something - thinking back to San Marino a few years ago but I have higer hopes of this team today but still

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    First time seeing the Aviva on the inside - I know i've been living in a cloud but have to say I do like the look of the back wall made of glass.. but why didn't they just put more seats in it and sell the tickets for 35-40 euro and they'd have a bigger stadium - more happy fans - and the same profit and none of the Corke Park is bigger for the big games talk....

Couldn't build it higher because of planning permission issues to do with sunlight and local residents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

is it? against andorra? dont know if many other countries would have so many people in attendance against them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

johnmcdnl wrote: »

ah sur - hope we don't have a cock up in this game and lose or something - thinking back to San Marino a few years ago but I have higer hopes of this team today but still

Please don't bring this up again, has been done to death on loads of threads and always leads to arguements. This is a match thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

I am living 15 mins away from the "Aviva" but no way am I paying 70 quid to watch Andorra. FAI need to cop on that the days of charging those kinda prices are well over.

Great to see so many people dressed as green empty seats!!! Might get the message across :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Couldn't built it higher because of planning permission issues to do with sunlight and local residents.

the sun comes through the back wall??? wouldn't that be like a big magnifying glass sorta like when you burn ants by pointing the magnifying glass at them on a sunny day

I'm assuming the engineers worked that out somehow but I see - it does look pretty nice though the way it is i suppose

ANYWAYS - back to the game ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭cullenswood

How is 40,000 people watching Andorra shocking? very few other countries would sell more tickets for this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Looks to be filling up a little more now. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

"O'Shea is having a masterful game"

Well George, i hope it continues for the other 90% of the game that's remaining...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Any links.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

How is 40,000 people watching Andorra shocking? very few other countries would sell more tickets for this game.

Probably because its our first competitive game in our new state of the art stadium which cost a fortune.

I see Rooney's scoring away from home again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

George's rocking chair is creaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Hoki wrote: »
    Probably because its our first competitive game in our new state of the art stadium which cost a fortune.

It's Andorra.
    Very few games worldwide sell out these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Are they actually trying to call it "aviva"? Not "the aviva"? As in: "The match tonight is at aviva"
    What is it with marketing assholes? They tried it with the spire and the luas. It doesn't work and you sound like an idiot saying it!

Advertisement