Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep. of Ireland v Andorra, Tue 7 September 2010 [RTE2: 7pm, KO: 7.45pm]

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Hoki wrote: »
    Even with 2 defensive midfielders we still concede at home to fcuking Andorra , thats disgraceful in itself

Ireland conceded an equaliser to them at home last time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Fell asleep at the back, cracking finish though. Whelan or Green need to come off at half time, we do not need both of them on, preferably Fahey on for a bit of creativity and a passing game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

They went 1-0 last time didn't they...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kenny Cunnigham said Ireland would win by 5 or something utterly butterly. Can't wait for
    the panels view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

it'd only be against ireland yer man would get a goal like that but anyways - least we had 2 goals at the time or else we could have been in serious trouble when they'd switch to the good old reliable 7-3-0 formation with the 3 midfielders dropping back and the 3rd and 4th centre half standing on the line for the entire second half to help the goalie...

We need a goal early on in the second half now to settle back into it and take full control of it because they might be crap but if they get a shot their still international footballers as bad as they are and anything could happen like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

if that was one our lads that scored everyone would have been saying it was a great goal , give credit were its due people

It was a cracking finish alright. But the lead up to it is the problem. Fcuking atrocious defending from a defense who look like they'd decided they didn't have to be worried about these Andorrans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭Trampas

roryc wrote: »
    They went 1-0 last time didn't they...

that was against england

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

McGeady not crossing the ball enough and taking too many touches. Some great breaks and bursts of speed though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

What a goal from the Andorran lad. Delighted for Kilbane and Doyle. 2 of the more likable players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Fell asleep at the back, cracking finish though. Whelan or Green need to come off at half time, we do not need both of them on, preferably Fahey on for a bit of creativity and a passing game.

I didn't want either to start tonight..but negative Trap did his usual.
    I'd at ht take both off and bring on Gibson who will shoot at that dodgy keeper at any chance, and Fahey who will add a bit of creativity to to mf. I bet Robbie & Doyle wish that a Fahey will come on to give them a pass finally!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Woeful performance imo. Terrible passing, no pace and the central midfield is an absolute disgrace. Shouldn't be in the squad, let alone first choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Sktchr

Didn't we go 1-0 down to these guys 9 years ago...and win it 3-1. Got 3 pts, qualified for WC 2002 and that one conceded goal was forgotten about?

If the boys score another goal or two and win the match that flop in defence will be forgotten about. 3 pts is all we need. No matter how ugly it is, we'll all be happy to get 3 pts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

dfx- wrote: »
    Ireland conceded an equaliser to them at home last time...

i know , that was around 10 years ago though & i doubt we were playing 2 defensive mids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Nice display by us so far, we've bossed the possession and looked threatening in the opponent's half. Although we often make things hard for ourselves and Andorra will be looking to gain some integrity and not just get battered by the superior team. We need to bring on Fahey and take off Whelan as Fahey is likely to cause more danger.

Trampas wrote: »
    that was against england

Nope that was in 2001, they went 1-0 up on us. We won 3-1 eventually!! Kilbane scored that game too!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

WTF!!!...:mad::mad::mad: Professional footballers??..My arse!!

that was against england

Your thinking of San Marino i think , goal after about 10 seconds?

that was against england

dont think it was...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Lawrence involved in both goals, fair play to him

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I think we've played some really nice ball at times in that first half, a sucker punch before half time, but 2 well deserved goals from us.

Someone tell Dunphy to STFU.

McGeady doing well, but needs a bit more end product. Green is trying, but I'd love to see Gibson on.

Apart from that, we should win comfortably.

Oh, ref needs to clamp down a bit. Lima is lucky to be still on the pitch, and the diving is annoying.

*edit

Oh, I <3 Kilbane, 62 games and counting. The man hasn't missed a game in about 11 years - fookin legend :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

COME ON PANDORA!!!!!

Staunton just called Kilbane 'Killer' on Sky Sports....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

one of the most disappointing things so far is the RTE set. MY EYES!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Someone get the commentators a new blooody chair!

roryc wrote: »
    Staunton just called Kilbane 'Killer' on Sky Sports....

No he didn't, he called him 'keelaaarrhh'

• Advertisement

one of the most disappointing things so far is the RTE set. MY EYES!!!!! :D
    Set of gob****es?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I'd say we'll get another goal in the first ten mins of the second half and then we'll just sit back

I'd say we'll get another goal in the first ten mins of the second half and then we'll just sit back

I hope not. Ithink we've been playing quite well, so I'd hope we go out with the same attitude. Their goal was, albeit bad defending, a freak / amazing strike.

4 or 5-1 I'd be happy.

McGeady needs to swing it in a bit more.

I hope not. Ithink we've been playing quite well, so I'd hope we go out with the same attitude. Their goal was, albeit bad defending, a freak / amazing strike.

4 or 5-1 I'd be happy.
    Lets hope:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Macedonia 1-2 Armenia just a minute to go

Fahey or Gibson for Green please Trap

Edit: 2-2 now and its over, terrible play acting by andorra really slowing breaking up the action

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Even with them temporarily down to ten, we took our time and didn't press,

Jesus it is crap to watch

that bloody football running up & down the Tayto advertising board is awful annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's a terrible cross by Michael Flatley Aiden McGeady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭baldbear

Hurry up Trapps and make a change!
    Can't wait to see Seaumus Coleman and Jamed McCarthy get there game, if there given a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

i can see us throwing this away

awful awful awful stuff

come on raffa trap sort it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

I think we've played some really nice ball at times in that first half, a sucker punch before half time, but 2 well deserved goals from us.

Someone tell Dunphy to STFU.

McGeady doing well, but needs a bit more end product. Green is trying, but I'd love to see Gibson on.

Apart from that, we should win comfortably.

Oh, ref needs to clamp down a bit. Lima is lucky to be still on the pitch, and the diving is annoying.

*edit

Oh, I <3 Kilbane, 62 games and counting. The man hasn't missed a game in about 11 years - fookin legend :)

McGeady doing well? I don't care how often he gets down the wing or beats a defender, until he can cross the ball any way at all he should not be on the pitch. If he could cross we would have at least 3-4 goals now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Has McGeady ever really shone for Ireland, very overrated player IMHO.

Also, why is everyone so negative about the conceded goal, yes it was sloppy defence, but these things happen in football, even with teams like Andorra, so it's no disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

go on robbie

guh man keano

50!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

3-1, disgraceful defending from Andorra!

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »
    i can see us throwing this away

awful awful awful stuff

come on raffa trap sort it out

stfu you

Whats Hamilton on about with Macedonia winning & being on 3 points . My livescore has them finishing 2-2 with Armenia.

Nice finish Robbie

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Well placed from Keane

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

killwill wrote: »
    McGeady doing well?

Yeah he really needs to keep running with the ball as far as he can, until he can do something like that, he really cannot cross at all,

Good to see Keane scoring,

come on for 5 or 6 now, once the lads at the back stay alive, i think the game is perfectly set for Gibson now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Good finish but you know Gibson will not get on now, we will sit back again and invite them to attack

Ended 2-2 with Macedonia/Armenia

Back to this game, i'm sick of the negativity...just bring Gibson and Fahey on take hopeless Green plus the already booked Whelan off please!!

Oh nice one Keano!!! Well taken :)

fahey and gibson now, now now

and he's coming on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I like Green.. Good midfield spoiler , breaking things up , getting possession .
    He will only get better and better .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Job done,Whelan off,Gibson on,can see us sneaking 1 more goal

Advertisement