Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for recommendations for a new mattress

• 04-09-2010 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone bought one recently and could post where and what they got. I am looking for a kingsize mattress and wondered what I need to look out for regarding spec.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,620 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Presumably you are putting it on a solid rather than a sprung base? No point putting a new mattress on an old sprung base.

Go to a reputable shop rather than a warehouse type place. Generally with mattresses you get what you pay for. Get one of the deep ones, not easy to find sheets for but much better quality than the thinner ones. Consider memory foam, very comfortable, lovely to sleep on but tends to be warm - even in summer - and expensive. Lie on the bed in the showroom, don't just sit on the edge!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks for that Looksee, did as you sugested. Came across an irish brand "Brodie Beds", anyone heard or used this brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,620 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Haven't come across that make, though of course that doesn't prove anything one way or the other.

We had an Odearest for a good few years (maybe 10, but I can't remember) which is still very comfortable, but the beds have been swapped round and now we have KingKoil, again, very comfortable and in use now for about five years. The odearest was a standard depth mattress, the Kingkoil is much thicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

Purchased a Kingsize Rest Assured Dreams 2400 Pocket Sprung Laytex Top Mattress. Thanks to Boards I Followed another very busy tread here on boards and found supplier www.bigmickey.ie . Located in Longford where they have a Massive place. 1000s of beds + mattresses in the place. Next day free nationwide delivery. Dreams price ex UK £970 (Sgt) Price here varied from €1500-€1800. I paid €500 on delivery for the identical mattress so no risk to me (no deposit required) and now im in Paradise every night since. This company seems to be very popular with Boardies and are receiving + + + + + ratings all the time. It might be worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Has anyone here slept on any of the ikea mattresseshttp://static.onlinecatalogue.ikea.com/2010/pg_mattresses/IE/

Interesting online catalogue here detailing the different kinds of mattresses for different people. Very different approach. They seem reasonably priced too

• Advertisement
Advertisement