Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

HDMI help - no sound

• 04-09-2010 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Ok, I picked up one of those cheap HDMI cables in Lidl today. My TV is HD compatible, and the picture is crystal clear. However, I'm getting absolutely no sound from my Xbox. I'm literally just using a HDMI cable, as it supports audio and video, right?

Any possible solutions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Set your sound settings to output through HDMI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

On Xbox, Audio settings are giving me;

Digital Stereo
    Dolby Digital 5.1
    Dolby Digital with WMA Pro

None of these work :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

"Jesus, I'm cured!"

I had some Auto Discovery crap enabled. Turned it off, and can get the HDTV Settings menu option now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Amen.

Advertisement