Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we renegotiate our bank loans as we're on social welfare?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Ah Marti in fairness you say you never though you would get approved the loan when you applied, Did you give much thought to it at all. To be honest people like you with your greed and want of money messed things up also. The banks are to blame for a lot of things but i dont have time for people you get into this mess by their own doing. We have suffered from a huge amount of greed in this country.

increase your finances. What about the partner getting a part time job or something while she is studying.

The bank will not drop payments in half for the remainder of the balance of the loan. I would suggest looking at ways to boost your income.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

marti8 wrote: »
    To extend your eh, "logic" anyone who needs a loan for a car or a house can't afford it either, lol :D

In many cases they cant as recent events have made all too clear.

But your logic is flawed. Peoples need for a house/car is generally far more pressing than their supposed "need" for a holiday. Particularly where the car is necessary to get to work/run a business. By your logic banks should be dishing out loans for people wanting cocaine and hookers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    By your logic banks should be dishing out loans for people wanting cocaine and hookers.

You haven't seen the form for that? :P

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Ok, this thread has descended into a complete farce. I'm locking it now, while I trawl through the pages and pages of flaming/trolling/argumentative nonsense from various posters. There will be infractions issued to anyone whose posts are in breach of the charter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement