Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Rain Risk Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

First time I've seen the white bit of rain on that radar..
    So I wont need to water the garden tomorrow then right...??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Shannon radar just gone on the blink. Perfect timing as usual.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭MrDarcy

Definite and sudden enough increase in wind speed here in Dublin in the last few minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭IMC042

First time I've seen the white bit of rain on that radar..
    So I wont need to water the garden tomorrow then right...??

you know what they say, when it rains, it pours!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

light rain here in dublin i wanna see some lighting :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Just back from a spin to the other side of the Wicklow/Kildare border(Kill Village). Very rough night with alot of debris on the roads. Looking forward to some T-Storm action later:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

MrDarcy wrote: »
    This thread reminds me of the much awaited snowfall of last January, almost up there with waiting for Santa as a kid!
    was just thinking that :D

light rain started here,breeze picking up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Living SE of Limerick city. Not seeing the very heavy rain in the Ballysimon and Caherconlish area. I can imagine judging by the rainfall radar at met.ie that the heavy rain would be in Cappamore and Doon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I drove home tonight to Kerry from the All-Ireland Hurling in Croker and this was some of the worst rain I ever encountered in my life and was most certainly not typical Irish rain. The entire M8 down along was at a crawl with the worst of the rain down along from Kildare to Limerick it was unreal and there was cloud lightning around Cork city then tonight between 10.30pm and 11.00pm. Absolutely diabolical driving conditions with clouds of spray all over the place and aquaplaning.

On the plus side my car is like it was powerhosed clean and any dead insects collected on the way up are long since washed off!

Is this Hurricane related?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭fishmahboi

Mah boi this rain is what all true warriors strive for :D

Quite windy here atm but the rain is going from moderate to light and sometimes heavy

Gale Warning

Southeast winds will continue to reach gale force overnight on northern and eastern coastal waters and on the Irish Sea with southeast gales elsewhere abating during the night.
    Issued at 00:00 on 06-Sep-2010

Small Craft Warning

See gale warning
    Issued at 12:00 on 05-Sep-2010

Sea Area Forecast until 2400 Monday 06 September 2010

Issued at 2400 Sunday 05 September 2010

Gale warning: In operation

Small craft warning: See gale warning

Meteorological situation at 2100 hours: A southeast gale gradient over Ireland will transfer over the North Sea as fronts move in over Ireland in a complex area of low pressure.

Forecast for southern and western coastal waters from Hook Head to Slyne Head to Rossan Point
    Wind: Southeasterly gale force 8. Becoming southwesterly force 3 or 4 tonight.
    Weather: Rain/fog continuing to clear eastwards to scattered showers overnight. Risk of isolated thunderstorms.
    Visibility: Poor at times.

Forecast for northern, eastern and southeastern coastal waters from Rossan Point to Howth Head to Hook Head and the Irish Sea
    Wind: Southeasterly gale force 8 gradually decreasing generally during the day to force 4 or 5 but staying up to force 7 from Malin Head to and including the North Channel.
    Weather: Rain/fog clearing later to scattered showers. Risk of isolated thunderstorms.
    Visibility: Moderate to poor becoming good except in showers.

Warning of heavy swell: Nil

Outlook for a further 24 hours until 2400 Tuesday 07 September 2010: Light to moderate variable winds mainly between southeast and southwest in direction. Heavy, thundery showers.

Next update before 0700 Monday 06 September 2010

• Advertisement

wind really picked up now,rain to startin to fall (or blow) bit more frequent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Wicklow mountain rain shield in full effect here for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Heavy snow here now:eek::p

MUSEIST wrote: »

lol museist

MUSEIST wrote: »
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Very loud thunder now in Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Well all i can say is mental rain falling at the moment. Some doubted earlier the intensity of it but i had full faith because it was always gonna be a slow moving front.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Yeah very loud thunder and extremely heavy rain here in Galway city. Had four flashes in the last twenty minutes followed by huge claps of thunder. It woke me up but I'll allow it.

Another flash there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Very loud thunder now in Galway
    Torrential rain accompanied by thunder and lightning in Galway city for the last half hour or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Absolutely bucketing rain in galway city for the past half hour. I've seen round 5 or 6 bolts of lightning and there's been a good bit of thunder also.

• Advertisement

Nice weather in Galway guys :D
    Web_radar.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

I will let the picture tell a thousand words.

BWVuA6m9S668X

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

redsunset wrote: »
    I will let the picture tell a thousand words.

BWVuA6m9S668X

what does that mean ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 19VanD87

Mother of god what is that coming in hell?

Ireland is being attacked by the evil forces of ganon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 19VanD87

Wind starting to pick up just now in dublin was quiet there for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Looks like strawberries and cream left out for a couple of days ... :D

... the colour pattern is based on infra-red temperature sensing in a night satellite image, so the yellow-white is cold (high cloud tops) and the darker stuff is warm (not much cloud in Spain so the sensor is getting mostly the 21 C surrface temperatures there). Not sure what the red batch is showing, perhaps it's an air mass being highlighted? Anyway Redsunset can tell you. That red area is basically the cooler maritime air mass that is moving into the frontal zone from the west. There are some showers in it so you can see a few whitish splotches.

The heaviest rain is now just moving on shore in Wexford and Waterford, so we'll have to see how it holds together as it moves further north. The UK radar has shown a slight decrease in intensity since midnight but not that much. There was more lightning with this batch than with the Galway stuff earlier so ??? perhaps more lightning in the southeast than we've seen yet in this system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Woken up by downpour outside :eek: Davis has recorded 8.4mm so far and readinga 72/mmph rain rate

make that 10.6mm so far!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit, just noticed Claremorris recorded an hourly fall of 10.4mm up to 3am on the met site, I am not surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Pissing down here all night. Hoping North County Dublin isn't too bad, motorway's flooded more than once before and with the work on the service stations I can't see it going much better and I need to get to a feckin exam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

stopped raining here now, but was woke up a few times between 2am and 4am by horrific rain and thunder! wind completly died down, ve ry spooky!

Advertisement