Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter = less skirmishing?

• 04-09-2010 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi all the winter is in the post and i dont think we are in for a mild one. One of the lads on my team said airsoft tends to slack off in winter and since i have only started this summer, i haven't got the time to get my fill before the winter is realy on us.

The cold and the wet dont realy bother me but if the turn out is bad i wouldnt bother going out with only a handful people. My question is what are your experiences of airsofting in winter? Do we need more indoor sites for our Irish weather? does the turn out realy drop during the winter? or do people tend to stick to indoor sites?

Over to you lads.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Some of my best days were with a handful of people. Get out and enjoy it regardless of how many are there. Bad weather adds to the fun. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

sound like Chairsofting ,

Skirmishing is an all year round event

games dont stop,hail, rain or snow

nothing better and getting out with a good bunch of lads or ladies in heavy rain or even better snow

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cheecch251

Cool thats what i like to hear. do you lads prefer outdoor sites over indoor? Do we need more indoor sites for the whingers out there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

i played some great snow games. bad weather=bailors and chairsofters

personally i prefer outdoor sites with a mix of terrain and types of games ,
    indoors is a totally different experiance ,faster game's and closer range enagements, its worth trying though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Slightly related, what;s the story with using equipment in the pelting rain? I have played in bad weather before, freezing cold, gusting winds, rain/fog/snow etc, but never in very heavy rain, so I am wondering, would heavy rain damage any AEG's:o?

I have always been told that electricity and water do not mix

andy_g wrote: »
    i played some great snow games. bad weather=bailors and chairsofters

Andy what part of ashbourne are you from i may know you.

Back on topic

Im dying to play a good indoor site just to see the difference i have heard nothing but good things. I would love to see a combo of the two. Last winter must of been excellent with the snow but with camo you would stick out like a sore thumb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

christ no I can't play for the snow and rain...this bloody heat is driving me nuts....I'm just not able for it in my normal clothes nevermind lugging BDUs, M4+M9 and midcaps around with me...
    Well maybe no rain...but at long as the temps are only around 5c or so I'd quite happily go out...been giving it a miss for the past few weeks to concentrate on running instead so looking forward to getting back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

cheecch251 wrote: »
    Andy what part of ashbourne are you from i may know you.

Back on topic

Im dying to play a good indoor site just to see the difference i have heard nothing but good things. I would love to see a combo of the two. Last winter must of been excellent with the snow but with camo you would stick out like a sore thumb.

Far from it.... With the contrast of the snow against the woodland anyone in normal camo is harder to see in and around woodland, of course if you are in white then when you lie down in the snow you nearly go invisible..... good times.:):)

The only indoor site is the Office Block in Tallaght ,

playing in high winds makes for some intresting shooting ,i remember playing at Gtac in galway in high winds and getting hits while people were inbehind cover using the wind to an advantage ,also in heavy rain you loose some range and if your near tress it can get confusing if drops of rain hit you ,you hear it ,feel it ,have to double check if its a bb or droplet of water

• Advertisement

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    christ no I can't play for the snow and rain...this bloody heat is driving me nuts....I'm just not able for it in my normal clothes nevermind lugging BDUs, M4+M9 and midcaps around with me...
    Well maybe no rain...but at long as the temps are only around 5c or so I'd quite happily go out...been giving it a miss for the past few weeks to concentrate on running instead so looking forward to getting back :)
    yeah the heat is a bit much when your running with a a tac vest + mags +aeg + face protection thats why im looking forward to those frosty days when you will be glad for that stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

Last winter must of been excellent with the snow but with camo you would stick out like a sore thumb.

All depends on ure camo :)

IMG_9543.jpg

Far from it.... With the contrast of the snow against the woodland anyone in normal camo is harder to see in and around woodland, of course if you are in white then when you lie down in the snow you nearly go invisible..... good times.:):)

Dark mists in the snow would be f**king brilliant dont know how the zombies would feel bout it though:D

Dark mists in the snow would be f**king brilliant dont know how the zombies would feel bout it though:D

how cool would it be if you had blood effects on the snow ala 30 days of night

Stone.cold wrote: »
    All depends on ure camo :)

IMG_9543.jpg
    hope you washed your ma's sheets before you gave them back stonecold:D:D

The thing with it is some people weill say is how much realism do you want? in the bad weather you can still have great games and even with small numbers.

Also does a real war stop for the weather?

The thing with it is some people weill say is how much realism do you want? in the bad weather you can still have great games and even with small numbers.

Also does a real war stop for the weather?
    good point do the americans bring their brollyies with them:D

Some one mentioned earlier about internals of the aeg's and rain thats something i would worry about, like falling in a deep puddle and 300+ quid is fubard. Has that happened to anybody?

Havent had a problem with it tbh just when you get home give the kit a good dry out and a really good clean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

Some one mentioned earlier about internals of the aeg's and rain thats something i would worry about, like falling in a deep puddle and 300+ quid is fubard. Has that happened to anybody?
    I played in a weekend game about 2 yrs ago, it wasnt rain it was biblical weather it never stopped but my guns were fine after it 12 hrs in unimaginable weather, as andy said i good dry out and silicone oil and it should be ok

• Advertisement

Havent had a problem with it tbh just when you get home give the kit a good dry out and a really good clean
    I do that as a matter of course ,you gotta look after your investment. but still batts and water it will play on my mind , my style of play is very much rough and tumble so water getting in would be a major concern when its realy bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Myself and Thermo, splashed about in a river for atleast half an hour at HRTA a few months ago and all we had to do was give them a clean.

I'd love some games in heavy fog...limited visibility so maybe 30 yards at the very most...I imagine it would be very interesting :)

I played a paintball game a few years ago in realy gusty conditions and i have to say it was the most infuriating things i have have ever done :mad:

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Myself and Thermo, splashed about in a river for atleast half an hour at HRTA a few months ago and all we had to do was give them a clean.

Ehem thermo did the research i got the photo's lol

Ehem thermo did the research i got the photo's lol
    Wasn't talking bout that numbnuts!
    You were being an epic bailor at the time!

:P

oh you mean that thing called a job

oh you mean that thing called a job
    airsofting is a job just shows your lack of commitment andy:D

Fixed that for you.

• Advertisement

says the emo :D

How quickly this post turned into a slagging match, friday night madness (<-) that way dudes:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

As the OP, if things start to go off topic in a way which you don't like just click the report post button and a moderator will.... oh, wait.... never mind

J.D.R wrote: »
    As the OP, if things start to go off topic in a way which you don't like just click the report post button and a moderator will.... oh, wait.... never mind

Yeah where is a mod if you need one. they are like the cops never around when you need one , always around when you dont want them around:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I spent my first skirmishing sitting in heavy hail at Fingal Airsoft, possibly the greatest game of airsoft I've ever had

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I spent my first skirmishing sitting in heavy hail at Fingal Airsoft, possibly the greatest game of airsoft I've ever had
    those where bbs man :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

my first game back after 2 years AWOL was myself and 3 others in the rain,it was fun :D

i had a good day up in oakridge when there was just 6 of us aswell [all friends]

i would love something like the mall over here.some one find a closed down shopping center for the winter ! :D

Stealthirl wrote: »

i would love something like the mall over here.some one find a closed down shopping center for the winter ! :D

They way the economy is going you may just get your wish stealth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

its a good/bad thing tho :(
    i keep looking at the VITRA site in arklow and think of what it would be like if someone developed it into a site.
    but i do the same walking around liffey vally or the square :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭thermo

At the last "round up competition" in hrta 3 car loads of us drove up from Kildare in the snow to find the place pretty much empty with not even the "locals" braving the short trip up!!!
    Some people don't play when it's anyways cold but there are some of us who don't mind it at all!
    And to answer another question even in the heavyist rain or light tactical swimming does damage AEG's provided you don't submerge them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

TBH

• Advertisement

Lemming wrote: »

Think that answer the whole thread :D loved those pics lemming

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭ste.rst

i would only love to go gaming in something like that :D savage pics

now that's what I'm talking about!! :D

Find a site in Finland for the winter and we are sorted :D

yeah by time the bb hits you its a snowball

That works for me :D snow hides for sniper sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

Find a site in Finland for the winter and we are sorted :D

while your there pick me up some of these:

thumbnail.php?id=40&width=400
    (the camo not the solider)

wanted to pick up a sel last year for the snow, no joy might have to settle for soviet overcamo for this year, on the off chance it snows again

tonyj_mc wrote: »
    while your there pick me up some of these:

<Snip>
    (the camo not the solider)

wanted to pick up a sel last year for the snow, no joy might have to settle for soviet overcamo for this year, on the off chance it snows again

ooooohhhhh i like that, that could work very well although the orange tip on the rifle might give ya away :D do you want one of them too :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

always wonder why they do that, spend all the money on sweet looking camo and hen ruin it all by not even trying to camo weapons and wear woodland lids

• Advertisement
Advertisement