Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Build schedule

Options
  • 04-09-2010 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just looking for some advice;

we've got a field, have a design of plan in mind.. what next? we've been told to build a shed first, if all goes belly up you can live in it! i'm presuming you need PP for this, so we'd have to break into the site & do a driveway? has anyboy done it this way? how'd it work/cost?

(call me stipid but I cant think of the name of the shed we want, it's block built half way up, clad the rest?! I want to google it for prices!)

Thanks in advance

Seán & Jennie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 masonry solutions

If you are in wicklow you need to check with the council as they some of the strictist planners in the country. If there is a chance you will be living there you need to build it all in block it will be a bit more expence but worth it in the end and the council will look more favourably on it. i built a few of these before for people in a similar situation about 500 sq ft for 35k fully finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭rayjdav

Why not approach an Architect/AT and discuss your plans, offically lodge for planning and, persuming a favourable decision, just start building. If it was me I'd only be building a shed on greenfield for security/storage of materials/plant. WHY??? spend that money on a shed and if granted PP go and spend the real money on the house:confused::confused: Strange one really..

Naturally, you would need PP for a habitable unit on a greenfield. Furthermore, unless the structure was classified under specific Agricultural use, taking into account all the associated conditions attached to an exemption, you would need planning for it also.. You also require permission for the opening up of the ditch to form the driveway.

Why not put it all into one, and just go ahead and apply for the parent permission with an associated shed/garage included and get it done and put to bed.

Masonry Solutions, EVERYONE thinks that their council are the strictest in the land. Save for if an LA has specific areas in a CDP, which they all do, they are all basically the same at the end of the day. For the most part, how easy/hard an application is to get through can/may depend on the experience of the acting Agent and the pre planning donkey work and research/prearation put into the applciation at the start..;)

Advertisement