Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland training camp - Malahide

• 04-09-2010 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My young fella is playing in Gannon (?) Park in malahide tomorrow, u8s, and he heard on the radio today about the Irish team training nearby. He's tormenting me to go down and get to see Robbie Keane and maybe get an autograph.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the set up is as regards access and spectating.

Any info would be much appreciated.

thanks

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Was fairly sure Gannon Park (Malahides ground) was where the team trained, no idea about autographs etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

The last time I went was about 6 years so not sure what it's like now but we where able to stand about 50 yards from where they were training and when they were finished some would stop for autographs and some wouldn't. I guess it might depend in what mood a few of the players are in.

That was on a weekday though so there wasn't many there, so tomorrow being Sunday there might be a bit of a crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

You used to be able to watch from outside the ground and sometimes kids was allowed in for autographs etc but it looks all closed off with screens now going by the telly pics. Best bet is to ring the FAI in advance incase they have times set aside for the kids to get close up with the players.
    They would be there sunday and monday and train at the aviva tues night. Try the team hotel in portmarnock where you might catch the players walking around or sometimes they go for a light jog on the beach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

You used to be able to watch from outside the ground and sometimes kids was allowed in for autographs etc but it looks all closed off with screens now going by the telly pics. Best bet is to ring the FAI in advance incase they have times set aside for the kids to get close up with the players.
    They would be there sunday and monday and train at the aviva tues night. Try the team hotel in portmarnock where you might catch the players walking around or sometimes they go for a light jog on the beach.

I know its only Andorra but surely were playing rather than training on Tuesday night.

I remember the old days of getting autographs in Landsdowne off the subs while the match was on and i was meant to be stewarding. All the players were sound bar that tosser Eddie Mcgoldrick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I remember getting the Dart home with Stephen Carr after a WC2002 qualifying match. He was off to his mammy's...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

They might not be in the humour after spending the last 2 nights on the pish in the Wright venue in swords including tonight.

Advertisement